THE ASYLUM

bigbird

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtland,_Alabama

This article mentions the castle at Rocky Hill.  My parents house is near where the castle was located. Stories from their made it into Kathyrn Windham Tucker's 13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffry.

I know KTW's daughter Dilcy and son in law Scott very well. She's worked for Bham Convention and Visitors Bureau forever. Nice people, KTW is a southern literature icon, RIP. Marched to her own drummer, life well lived. :bow:

It was taxing though, I might need a quick nap.

Taxing? The work, or the reward.  ;D

Yes...... :cool:

I should still be owed for that dang handbag, I can't say much though. She works very hard at shopping and purchasing stuff for the business and does it all under budget and ahead of time. I can't say much, dangit. :laugh:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

She was truly an icon.  She was so very gracious with her time and visited UNA quite often, as well as other universities.  Priceless lady.  :bow:

As for the handbag, you know you're a blessed man.  ;)

An unrivaled storyteller. She could keep people's attention for days. Never underestimate the power of charisma. It has started and ended wars, loves and lives.

You women have a union don't you? ;)

My nap time is getting shorter, back soon.

What is called Aycock Bridge is near there as well. my Grandfather built the first bridge there before it was finally replaced with a  modern bridge

Whaddaya, whaddaya, whaddaya doing? ;D You home sir?

Yep.  After reading effie's comments about men doing housework, I'm thinking about dusting and vaccuming.  :cool:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

No, 62, it is not.  But if you clean up the kitchen afterwards you're sure to score points.

I Made a moppin sauce, does that count?  :dunno: And how does this point system work, I mean, what’s their fair market value? Are they like reward points? What should I expect for a return on investment? Is there a penalty for early withdrawal?  Is this pre or post tax? Maybe I should call AARP.  :-\

Grilled cole slaw and potato salad??  Hmmm?  Interesting. 

You've never had and grilled cole slaw or potato salad??????  :o  Seriously, now that you say that, grill the spuds and then make the potato salad; I love grilled spuds.  :hellyeah:

I Made a moppin sauce, does that count?  :dunno: And how does this point system work, I mean, what’s their fair market value? Are they like reward points? What should I expect for a return on investment? Is there a penalty for early withdrawal?  Is this pre or post tax? Maybe I should call AARP.  :-\

Have you seen the commercial where the airlines customers asks if the points comes with a trip to the islands and is told, "no, that comes with a hat"? Forget the hat, this doesn't come with one of those either. ;)

Actually, the points are created in an attempt to get us back to zero.  We are so far in the negative we couldn't get back to zero even on double or triple points days.  :laugh:

The girls went shopping this morning, so like a good rotten man, I formed a puppy pile on the couch and grabbed the remote. I was watching UFC on Fuel TV. This fighter described the hold he used on someone during training as the fifty percenter. He said it was just like divorce, it took at least half of everything you had.

don't shoot me eff ;D

Actually, the points are created in an attempt to get us back to zero.  We are so far in the negative we couldn't get back to zero even on double or triple points days.   :laugh:

I've told TT before, weaker sex, my hairy butt.  :laugh:

Just started moppin, this stuff needs to be in a glass with an umbrella in it.  :hellyeah: