THE ASYLUM

bigbird

It's my work clothes :dunno:/>

On Ovation they had a series of programs on Cash's life and the writing/influence of some performances( Folsom) and some of the bigger songs. This song was included and it ended with Reznor's "Hurt". You should've seen it. Uh, wow.

Saw it! Great stuff, and really good series.

Drac, one of the things that stuck out to me and made me laugh,"yeah we were just sitting around picking and playing and some stuff we had written, It was , Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Kristofferson, Waylon, Rodney Crowell, Jeff Lynn, Steve Earle, and John Carter and me....."

Well that's great if you are talking about a Kennedy Center honors lineup not a writers round, please.................. to be a fly on that wall.

Edited by telling tiger

I forgot Shel Silverstein was also there, he wrote "A Boy Named Sue" and about 50 other top tens over his career. I believe they said it was all of them sitting around outside on the deck overlooking the lake. Even that shouldn't have been big enough to hold it. Fly on the wall.

In Dylan's account, he said that the guitar was passed to him and he played "Lay Lady Lay", which he had just recorded in Nashville. He said that after he finished, John Carter looked at him and said, "Boy, you don't eat meat, do you?". I laughed out loud at that one!

The Johnson album looks interesting. The only knock AS had on it is the lack of younger talent.

And I haven't heard any of the new Dylan, but read the line "It's now or never, more than ever"....so simple, yet so great.

AS thinks if it isn't discovering young talent it isn't relevant sometimes, ignore it. For the most part it does good work.

Kind of a "look what we found" thing. Meh yeah whatever..

Dylan will be in a wheelchair writing and doing it well.

I am happy to say I told you so. Remember when you went to the show last year, and mentioned to me in conversation that you believed he was in the twilight of his career and that you thought he might be close to done? I know the show was amazing, but you felt it may be his grand exit....

Just meant his touring years buddy. Then again it might be the only thing keeping him going.

A pen like that ain't going stop til it drops.

But I surely thought one day the road life might.

It is far less difficult when your own jet can take you though, just saying,lol.

Address your customer concerns to ATT U-verse tech support and a non-technican will be with you shortly.....please enjoy this musical interlude and know that we value you as a customer and your call is important to us........

brb, wink

No issues today, but it is early and there is certainly time left in the day...........

Last week when discussing ny issues with a live human being, they told me I wasn't signed up for internet service just cable/landline. No seriously.....they did. ASTOUNDINGLY ineffective.

What's happening with barn?

and I'm thinking on the frustration scale it hovers pretty close.

ATT non tech," Sir watch your language this call may be recorded"

unknown customer :cool: ," Good , is there a way you can make sure it is recorded so someone somewhere knows how incompetent you people are?"