THE ASYLUM

bigbird

It was a hot spot, which she scratched because of an ear infection.  She got 2 shots, a round of antibiotics to take at home and we have to keep her up for a week.  No bell collar though.

good to hear we all know how hot spots can cause an itch.... I mean scratch

Between work this week and my father-in-law and his wife (strict Southern Baptists) staying at our house for the week...yes, it's that bad.  Dear old Dad-in-law might just soil himself when I pour myself a glass of bourbon and enjoy it with a cigar on the deck this week. :banghead:

and in my house, my brother, I'll live as I choose. Here is a roll of bath tissue, enjoy yourself.

I do not disagree with that sentiment at all.  One of my proudest days was when my wife-to-be (at the time) poured herself a glass of wine at our rehersal dinner.

and in my house, my brother, I'll live as I choose. Here is a roll of bath tissue, enjoy yourself.

I do not disagree with that sentiment at all.  One of my proudest days was when my wife-to-be (at the time) poured herself a glass of wine at our rehersal dinner.

I’m sure that took some backbone.

I’m sure that took some backbone.

Considering when we started dating, you could tell when her dad was coming to visit because all the booze bottles were hidden away?  Yeah, that took some backbone on her part.  :laugh:

Respect in that case seriously needs to be mutual.

The man is having a bourbon and a cigar.

Not out doing the DUI dance, not setting up a stripper pole in the basement and running the line of girls in and out 24/7. I'm SICK to death of people who demand respect for their way of life and yet can't understand how others might deserve the same. Gee that never happens here............ :-\

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Ewwww!  I prefer Marilyn Monroe to Marilyn Manson.

Effy has a very sick pup and I have no clue how to adminster her meds.  :'(  I feel like a horrible mommy.

Respect in that case seriously needs to be mutual.

The man is having a bourbon and a cigar.

Not out doing the DUI dance, not setting up a stripper pole in the basement and running the line of girls in and out 24/7. I'm SICK to death of people who demand respect for their way of life and yet can't understand how others might deserve the same. Gee that never happens here............ :-\

I didn't put my life on hold when my side of the family was staying with us.  I won't do it for her father.  I don't bring alcohol or tobacco to his house out of respect for his home.  This is my house with my rules though.  Sometimes I have to remind the Mrs. that she's a grown woman and doesn't have to answer to her father for how we live.

Marilyn Manson's version of ,"Beautiful People" maybe ;D

How is are effer?

Marilyn Manson reference, tt?  I'm impressed.  :laugh:

Ewwww!  I prefer Marilyn Monroe to Marilyn Manson.

Effy has a very sick pup and I have no clue how to adminster her meds.  :'(  I feel like a horrible mommy.

For pills, my pups are suckers for peanut butter.  They won't eat their heartworm pills unless we coat them in PB.  It seems to work for all pills.

For liquids, we actually managed to teach the pups to "open" and they'll open their mouth for the liquid medicine.  We always give a nice treat afterwards so they get rewarded for taking the meds.

Capsule.  Any suggestions?

We keep "puppy peanut butter" in the house for just such occasions.  It's the natural PB with no added sugar and minimal salt.

Jenks' PB suggestion is good. Wrapping them in sliced cheese or a thin sliced meat like a cold cut of some kind. Camouflage works for us. :dunno:

We tried the cheese & meat tricks.  The pups ate the cheese/meat and spit the pill back out.  PB makes it too sticky for them to spit out so they just eat it all.  :laugh:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I tried a hotdog but she did what Jenks said.  I'll go with peanut butter next.  That's what I use for her flea meds.