THE ASYLUM

bigbird

I can't believe there isn't an Olympic thread on this site, but the USA kicked a$$ today.

Fab 5 won women's Gymnastics and Michael Phelps won his 19 Olympic medal.  :hellyeah::trampoline::yay::partey:

nerdsOh man there is 2 of em....... ;)

I proudly both my nerd and geek flags. :laugh:

You proudly do what with the nerd and the geek? :dunno::laugh:

The 700 club has politcal overtones eff and I do not watch it either ;D

Barn, Watched the basketball team untie the French team. STRONG. :thumbsup:

Hard for me to get excited about a gold medal in skeet shooting though :dunno:

Did you watch the women's team gymnastics last night?  I usually don't get to wrapped up in the Olympics but when that girl started crying before her floor routine was done because she'd sewn up the gold...yeah, I got a little dust in my eye.

I like many of them, swimming, diving, water polo( you gotta be a strong arse man /woman to play that sport), bball, wrestling, I like gymnastics to a degree, volleyball and several others. Track and field in the field sports and shorter distance races, I like a lot. Decathalon, I like, marathon bores me to death.

I was excited to see the first medal awarded until I realized it was for 10 meter women's air rifle.............why? Other than her, who gives a damn?zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :laugh:

Womens gymnastics jammed. Their score was the equivalent of Phelps winning by 3 pool lengths, that margin was massive. :hellyeah::bow: They train for a lifetime, for the the chance of potentially 1 night on international glory, easy to get involved in that, huge sacrifice for potential smallif any reward and if it does happen, bar the door. :hellyeah:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Morning Boys!  ;D

Barn, yours truly started an AU Olympic contingency thread.  As of yesterday, AU had 0 medals and UF had 3.  But hey, they have Lochte.

Definitely some heartjerking moments at the Olympics, no doubt. 

The last time I got that invested in gymnastics was this

04719strug.jpg

I was ten, and I really didn't watch the Olympics, but I clearly remember that happening.

Funny how some images last forever. Iconic moments. Like the Olympic theme music in the US, few people haven't heard it and most people can identify it, iconic :hellyeah: Go John Williams go!!!!!!!!

It is hard not to get invested when you see things like that pic. Her name is even Carey(spelling?), I THINK.......as if I remember the name of a gymnast not in the Olympics.

Impossible for me not to respect the sacrifice they make in pursuit of the goal. Impossible. Admirable as heck to me.

Kerri Strug

I was 22 for the '96 Olympics and I pretty much cried like a little girl when she landed that vault and Karolyi had to carry her.  Completely gut wrenching.

04719strug.jpg

I was ten, and I really didn't watch the Olympics, but I clearly remember that happening.

Oy..........you were 10? :rolleyes:

I would like to acknowledge barn for the first punch in the gut of the day. :laugh:

04719strug.jpg

Boy do I feel old, I remember Olga Korbut.  :-[

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

:laugh:

I'm 21.  That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

and your oldest daughter is 13? Umhummmmmm ;):laugh:

Hey 6deux.......... ;D

She could be adopted.  Next question. I've been 21 for awhile now, so you're going to have to do better than that.  :tease: