THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Uncertainty is almost as bad as anything else. What time would that be? Yeah I'm nosy and concerned. You gotta get somebody or you somehow to let us know, it's that uncertainty thing, you know?

I didn't think it was possible to find someone dumber than Paula Abdul to be a judge on American Idol. They've done it and they've done it above and beyond the call of duty. Mariah Carey is now a judge. :rolleyes:

That sound you hear is t-shirt printers. WE @dennisdoddcbs Bear Bryant becomes (again) the Division I wins leader without an asterisk

Hey Dennis, Bobby Bowden says HI!!

Uncertainty is almost as bad as anything else. What time would that be? Yeah I'm nosy and concerned. You gotta get somebody or you somehow to let us know, it's that uncertainty thing, you know?

4:30 I think, I'll have to check.

4:30 I think, I'll have to check.

You gotta let us know somehow, k ;D

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I didn't think it was possible to find someone dumber than Paula Abdul to be a judge on American Idol. They've done it and they've done it above and beyond the call of duty. Mariah Carey is now a judge. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Surely you jest? :dunno:  They didn't do that did they?  Who is the other one going to be? Vanilla Ice?

The last part of our prayers was answered today when Helena was hired to teach 1st grade at Semmes Elementary which is 2.2 miles from the driveway  :happydance:  Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

The last part of our prayers was answered today when Helena was hired to teach 1st grade at Semmes Elementary which is 2.2 miles from the driveway  :happydance:   Thank you all for your prayers and support.

:yay:

Thanks D! And I will

And I know the feeling eff! Turned out to be a great day!

Thank you!

If you do not wish to read a rant skip this post ;D

For someone who is supposedly as cynical and jaded as I am so surely good(bad ;D) at, the PSU thread on this board contains more cynicism and jadedness than I could ever muster, except about some of those folks posting in it.

I'm embarrassed for some of them and by some of them. What lucky people, they sit in front of a computer 1000 miles away from State College, children by their side and unaffected. I cannot help but wonder, if it were you or your child, would you still feel so anti-authority? They know that answer and so do I. No. Dogs.............

Most days I lose a little more faith in the innate goodness of people and the hoped for compassion in people. After reading some of that this morning, that faith was lost early in this day.

I believe that the aspects of the online world that people enjoy so much of a mostly anonymous voice, sometimes for better or worse, let you see the real people instead of their in person social facade. It ain't always pretty.

The NCAA just called and now I have been imposed a 10 minute penalty of being nice. I have my doubts..............

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Well, now saying "Good Morning" just doesn't seem appropriate.  The Penn State sanctions are a double edged sword for me.  The NCAA had to set a precedent, without a doubt.  But it doesn't seem like the wrongdoers in all this are the ones who actually are punished.  Fine the heck out of everyone who looked the other way and ban them from ever holding a position at any institute affialiated with the NCAA. Make their lives as miserable as those kids who were the victims in all this.  No punishment is too great for them.  But is it even within the NCAA's power to do that?  Maybe they did the only thing they could.  I don't know.  PSU's willingness to accept the sanctions, to me, says that they are going to strive to move in the right direction.  Also, kudos to NCAA for making fines go to advocacy groups. This really did hurt so many people and my heart goes out to all of the victims, the children and the students.  :(

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

The quote for the day:

Keeping eye contact with someone for more than 6 seconds without blinking usually shows a desire for either sex or murder.

The quote for the day:

Keeping eye contact with someone for more than 6 seconds without blinking usually shows a desire for either sex or murder.

If I'm staring at someone like that, potential weapons should be hidden.