THE ASYLUM

bigbird

We are going to chill here, T's, kids and us. Grill, drink, music and maybe some late afternoon pool. Kids are working on some stuff and prepping to get back to work. The break was too long they are getting restless :laugh: Working hard though.

What are you peoples doing? Going to mom/dad's?

Dawson Gang?

Yep

Damn, you caught me and I was just about to deny it too :cool:

:dunno:

joking about you catching me when you said "more like 5 seconds".

Dawson's= Extreme North Alabama organized "hilljackish" crime crew. Drugs, girls, liquor, gambling, strong arm, violence and there is much more I'm sure. That is going from a base memory, it has been a while. They were outlandish. Beeeeeeeeeezarre stuff.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

The decendants lived with the notoriety.  I was friends with one.  He was a great guy, but nobody and I mean nobody, messed with him.  Funny, he wouldn't hurt a fly.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

We are going to chill here, T's, kids and us. Grill, drink, music and maybe some late afternoon pool. Kids are working on some stuff and prepping to get back to work. The break was too long they are getting restless :laugh: Working hard though.

What are you peoples doing? Going to mom/dad's?

Dawson Gang?

Yep

Damn, you caught me and I was just about to deny it too :cool:

:dunno:

joking about you catching me when you said "more like 5 seconds".

Yep, going to the parents' for the 4th.  The cousin and her fam should be in late tonight.  Some friends coming over as well.  Dad is doing chicken and ribs, can't beat that.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Jenks, they are from the next county over from me, neighbors, if you will.  The article that TT posted mentions our current Sheriff who was then a LT.

He was somewhat of a holdover from a previous era of criminals. Not saying they all are but you have to be somewhat more sophisticated today. Alabama neighborhoods aren't the kind of hoods prone to people paying "protection" money. Different world.

Boston was an interesting place to learn how some things work :laugh:

He was somewhat of a holdover from a previous era of criminals. Not saying they all are but you have to be somewhat more sophisticated today. Alabama neighborhoods aren't the kind of hoods prone to people paying "protection" money. Different world.

Boston was an interesting place to learn how some things work :laugh:

Gangs say hi.  It still happens.  :-\

Now Otis, go get in your cage and hang the key back up.

I'm not too worried about many Nortenos, Bloods or Crips in Leighton,Al.  :laugh:A neighborhood that depends on public transportation, has on the block business and housing mixed, and sits in the middle of 6 million people is a completely different thing than the gangs that roam this hood and Leighton.

It's more like "look the other way money" in good ole' Alabama.

It was.   Phenix City was known for it's organized crime for years and not that long ago.  

There were some clubs on old Highway 280 just south of Birmingham, very near TT's house, that were also huge gambling clubs and everybody knew it but they were allowed to continue and prosper.  Look the other way money, no doubt.    

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Now the gangs TT mentioned, Bloods and Crips are in the Shoal area, next door to Leighton.  A kid I taught in HS was fatally shot by a rival gang.

Sorry, make that folk and crips.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Let's go cook meatloaf.  All the food for the 4th of July week can't be good.  :laugh:

It's more like "look the other way money" in good ole' Alabama.

It was.   Phenix City was known for it's organized crime for years and not that long ago.  

There were some clubs on old Highway 280 just south of Birmingham, very near TT's house, that were also huge gambling clubs and everybody knew it but they were allowed to continue and prosper.  Look the other way money, no doubt.    

Anyone every heard of The Phenix City Story movie. Problem was John Patterson was about as crooked when he became Governor. Lord John Patterson and Jim Folson as Governors. He waged a campaign with a hillbilly band and brandished a mop and bucket which he said would "clean out" the Capitol. You are my Sunshine my only sunshine sung by ???????? for the campaign. God those were awful time for the state of Al.

There is a longtime Birmingham club for "gentlemen" that is about as connected as you can get. Serves as a convenient outlet for several things. So successful that it has long since expanded to Mobile, Pensacola and does a bang up business.

As kids we always enjoyed the way one of the daughters looked. One morning we all waved at her as he drove by and he stopped and asked if we were a bunch of clowns. At the time we didn't know who he was. That afternoon we went to the local toy store and got clown noses. The next monring we had them on as they drove by. We found out who he was later that day and NEVER did that again :laugh:

Ahhh yes, that time of year when there's no better way to celebrate our independence than by getting drunk and detonating explosives.    :thumbsup:    :dunno:    :hellyeah:  :-\  :yay: 

I don't mind either of them.  As a matter of fact have participated in both today.  Some dude next door has some illegal fireworks.  I think it is like a half a stick of dynamite.  I'm staying away from that dude.