Auburn's 10 Toughest Players Ever

TigerWar

Okay guys, I'm 34 so my memory goes only so far back unlike some of you old farts, so I'll need a little help in compiling this list. These four guys have to be on the list -

1. James Bostic (Dude was in a constant state of "Beast Mode" while running with the rock)

2. Brandon Johnson (Grew up in Bayou La Batre on an oyster boat & was tough as nails)

3. Jason Miska (Wouldn't want to run into this guy in a dark alley)

4. Junior Rosegreen (The first time I thought I witnessed a homicide on the gridiron was b/c Rosegreen)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm....maybe Takeo Spikes, Tracy Rocker? :dunno: A bunch to choose from.

I know this ain't old school, but I think Marcellus Mostela was pretty tough.

Danny Skutack who played from '78 to '81 was a LB at 200 lbs.

He played part of one season with a broken leg and played well.  I remember Doug Barfield announcing on the Auburn Football Review of Skutack's injury and getting choked up.

Now, that is one tough player!

+1 Junior Rosegreen (hardest hitter I've ever seen)

+1 Brandon Cox (I have no idea how that dude got up after some of the hits he took)

+1 Takeo Spikes (Self explanatory)

I know he's a big boy but Cam Newton should be in the discussion: All those hits he took and the several injuries he played through.

1. Terry Beasley -- Guy suffered more concussions than practically anyone. Jaw was actually wired with bubblegum during AU vs. UA game

2. Takeo Spikes : Dude played hurt on many occasions.

3. Brandon Cox: with all the medical problems this guy had, he laid it all on the line.

4. Zac Ethridge: Did not know if he would ever be able to play again!

5. Danny Skutack : Played with a broken leg.

6. Mike Kolen : Guy refused to not play, regardless of condition and pain.

7.  Fred Smith

8. Kurt Crain

9. Bo Jackson

10. Dontarrious Thomas

Of course if he takes the field and plays, # 1 would have to be Shon Coleman!

I don't know if it's apocryphal or not, but I heard that when Brandon Johnson broke his leg/ankle before coming to Auburn, that the doctors had to saw through some bone during surgery.  But, Brandon's bones were so tough that it literally broke the saw and they had to get a new one.  Anyone that is tougher than a bone saw gets my vote!

I'm only 24, but I heard tough, and thought of Trey Blackmon, Junior Rosegreen, Takeo Spikes, Bo Jackson, Nick Fairley, and I know there are players that I wasn't lucky enough to see that belong on this list. 

Rudi Jhonson. any guy that can drag/carry 5 or 6 guys 10 yards in to the endzone gets my vote.

Archived