Top 5 AU runs, EVER!

Wareagletd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo TD run against Georgia in 86. It was not a long run but Bo went through two UGA defenders at the two, one of them, I think, was Will Muschamp. But, I will never forget Al Michaels' comment, "That was a case of man against boys."

...Bo wasn't playing football in 86. He graduated in 85 and didn't play in the NFL until 87.

Not many may  remember this one;  Ron O'Neal, a rather short rotund bowling ball of a fullback on the 1981 team, had a memorable run against TCU. On his first college carry, O'Neal, was tackled hard by a TCU player who then remarked: "Welcome to college football fat boy!" The next play a fired up O'Neal, ran over that player on his way to a touchdown for Auburn.  He never really had a big game after that, and he has kind of faded from our memories. 

:aufb:

Maybe Bo's long run in the 85 Cotton bowl. Or C. Williams vs Miss State in 03 I think.

Here is one you probably forgot!  An oldie but a goldie!  Fake punt from the '69 Iron Bowl!    :P

great one I was in the north endzone behind Connie watching him run. Shug was pissed big time but he got over it.

Here is one you probably forgot!  An oldie but a goldie!  Fake punt from the '69 Iron Bowl!    :P

great one I was in the north endzone behind Connie watching him run. Shug was pissed big time but he got over it.

First time I have seen that with Gary Sanders radio call. That was awesome! Most points ever put on a Bear Bryant coached team and Shug did it.

Here is a video of many great AU runs, including the Bo reversing field in the iron bowl game (1:58 mark)

Does anyone know the name of the song playing in the background of this video ^^^^^?

Not many may  remember this one;  Ron O'Neal, a rather short rotund bowling ball of a fullback on the 1981 team, had a memorable run against TCU. On his first college carry, O'Neal, was tackled hard by a TCU player who then remarked: "Welcome to college football fat boy!" The next play a fired up O'Neal, ran over that player on his way to a touchdown for Auburn.  He never really had a big game after that, and he has kind of faded from our memories. 

:aufb:

I very well remember Ron "barbecue" O'Neal. He was very hard to tackle.

Here is a video of many great AU runs, including the Bo reversing field in the iron bowl game (1:58 mark)

Does anyone know the name of the song playing in the background of this video ^^^^^?

It's the instrumental version of Staind's 'Mudshovel'  :wareagle:

My bad, it was 85. But the run and the quote from Michaels remains the same.

I wasn't entirely sure if you meant 85 or if you had gotten mixed up and it was Fullwood. No worries.

It's the instrumental version of Staind's 'Mudshovel'  :wareagle:

WAR EAGLE, and thank you!

Archived