Top 5 AU runs, EVER!

Wareagletd

I was reading the Runningback U thread and began to wonder. What runs do you guys think would be in the top 5 in AU history?

In my opinion, Cam Newton 50 yard run against LSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOi2hj_sjyY

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny Irons run against LSU in 05 when he was totally wrapped up then magically appeared out of the pile 5 yards down the field and broke it for the score.

Hard to beat those....add one of Bo's several memorable runs.

First of all, I know he's no longer exactly in the good graces of AU fans, but how has Dyer's bowling ball run in the NC game not been mentioned?

Other than that, the Steven Davis TD run in the 93 Iron Bowl to ice it (or, as the commentator said on the highlight tape, he "put his signature on it") and Bo Over the Top are the only ones that come to mind.

Tucker Frederickson 1963 Auburn vs Ga Tech

not a fantastic high profile run but back in those days Tech hated AU said they would never come to Auburn to play us. So its a great run in my eyes. Guess were this game was played and Auburn is the home team. Tech I hated them then and I'll hate'em to the day I die. GTH Tech

Tre Smith run in the 2002 Iron Bowl in the first series of the game. Had friend who was Alabama fan who went to the game, and he laughed(and all the other Bama fans) when Tre ran out for the game. After that run, he said I knew we were going to get beat. By the way, he hasn't talked to me in years, but I bet if we saw each other he would talk to me now.

Kenny Irons run against LSU in 05 when he was totally wrapped up then magically appeared out of the pile 5 yards down the field and broke it for the score.

This does it for me, thought for sure he was stuffed.  When he came out of there I was completely floored.

My personal favorite was Bo's TD run against Florida in 1983.  Most people remembers his 80-yard TD run in the same game, but the one I'm referring to was about a 50 something yarder where he ran to one side of the field changed directions and then ran back to the other side before taking off down the field and outrunning the entire UF defense.

Bo ran with more power and speed than any back I have ever seen!

A little different but still one of the best runs inside the ten yard line you will ever see. Ken Adams 1994 LSU game how LSU lose this game is unreal.

Go to the 4:55 mark for the run

http://youtu.be/be7LpX9CmPg

Probably one of the most memorable Auburn games I've ever had the pleasure to witness.

A little different but still one of the best runs inside the ten yard line you will ever see. Ken Alvis 1994 LSU game how LSU lose this game is unreal.

Probably one of the most memorable Auburn games I've ever had the pleasure to witness.

You bet!! That was a very special game for me and my Dad!!! I sure do miss him!! War Eagle!!!

just going to play former tiger name nazi for a second & make some corrections bc this opportunity won't likely come up again..

A little different but still one of the best runs inside the ten yard line you will ever see. Ken Alvis 1994 LSU game how LSU lose this game is unreal.

First of all, I know he's no longer exactly in the good graces of AU fans, but how has Dyer's bowling ball run in the NC game not been mentioned?

Other than that, the James Bostic TD run in the 93 Iron Bowl to ice it (or, as the commentator said on the highlight tape, he "put his signature on it") and Bo Over the Top are the only ones that come to mind.

red AND augolf at same time :tease:

I don't know where to go in this thread after Bo's runs.. Auburn has more than it's share of monumental epic runs  these two above hold a special place in my heart, witnessed both firsthand :wareagle:

Because of my intense dislike off UT, I like this one of Ronnie Brown putting Jason Allen on his back at the 5 yard line.

I'm not sure it's a top 5,but Cams run against South Carolina when he dove from like the 10 was pretty awesome as well. :we:

Honorable mention: Tommie Agee's 10 yard gain up the middle on 3rd and 6 to keep possession and run out the clock against updyke J C in the 86 IB....  Brad Lester had a similar rub on 4th down in the '07 IB but the '86 redneck team was LOADED with future NFL players

You have to include James Bostic's run against Alabama in 1993:

:tdau:

This is my favorite as well!  My second favorite is Ronnie Brown in '04 against the vols in Knoxville.

I can't think of any outside of the ones that have been mentioned.  There is one run I can think of that would have made this list if not for idiot officials.  It was by Brent Fullwood in the 86 Georgia game.  He ran into the middle of the line and was wrapped up by several defenders.  He kept pushing and his legs never stopped moving at all.  He ended up breaking out of it and racing to the end zone, but the officials blew the play dead even though his movement was never stopped.  AU would have won that game and a share of the SEC title if not for that whistle being blown.  It was a great run indeed.

BYe Bye Bo

McCalebb

Brent Fullwood:

Would include Tommie Agee; Lionell "Little Train" James; James Bostic; James Brooks etc...

This one is a good mix of running backs:

Archived