Summer Evaluation Period

aupops2

OK people, this one definitely falls under the "trust our coaches" column.  Kid is Marcus Cox, ATH, 5'10", 175#, 2*, out of Georgia.  Has nine offers from schools you've never heard of.  Visiting this weekend; his recruiter is listed as our DC, Coach Van Gorder.  There is no sarcasm here, in this comment, because I really want to watch this and see how it unfolds.  Grab the popcorn.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but dont know how to make yellow. I changed the color but didnt take it. Sarcasm intended on post

Sorry but dont know how to make yellow. I changed the color but didnt take it. Sarcasm intended on post

I know; I have that same problem.

I know; I have that same problem.

Join the club. Most sarcasm is pretty obvious.

Guest jrljr

Pops, I have a feeling we already have a "verbal" from Matthews. He just doesnt w  ant to "out"  Mr. Foster.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I like how our staff is actively pursuing other prospects, not as backups, but as competition for each other, at certain positions.  They have done this in previous years, but the "backups" are of much higher quality than before.  Without mentioning names, I can think of several cases in the past two years where our prime targets didn't sign and we were left with projects.  A few have worked out, but not many.  For example, our RB situation is looking golden right now with four or five top 20 backs that we stand a good chance with.  Same at WR, where we have probably one slot left.  Last week, most thought it would go to Isiah Jones, but now we're hearing names like Laquon Treadwell and Marquez North come up.  This is not true, right now, with OG and S, where the pool is shallow.  At S, Vonn Bell is now a long, long shot.  Are we putting all our eggs in the Matthews basket?  Makes one think so.  But Coaches Van Gorder and Martinez, as advertisized, have done their own evaluations, disregarding the ratings so far, so they might have a surprise up their sleeves.  At OG, we have the Rodgers saga, but behind him there are only a couple of hardly mentioned names.  I still wonder what the deal with Tyrone Crowder is?  Also, there are a couple of shorter, more mobile OT prospects that Coach Grimes could project as guards.  That position is in good hands, though, as last year and the year before showed. 

You have to highlight the words that you want to change the color of. It appears you either changed the color to yellow before typing everything in, or had the cursor at the beginning of the line with nothing highlighted when you clicked on it.

Archived