Summer Evaluation Period

aupops2

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DE Tashawn Bower has 8 June visits planned. One of those is to Auburn.

Yep, June 2,3, I believe.  Man, the DE/ DL class this year is unbelievable!!

Guest jrljr

You would think at least a few of these kids will pull the trigger soon or risk getting left out. Of course RF and MA can wait until next June if they want but these guys just beneath them should be planning ahead.

We just offered Jordan Wilkins, 4* RB from Cordova, TN.  6'1", 212#.  Sounds like Jovon II to me.

This is where the OL recruiting gets interesting.  Coach Grimes evaluated Ramsey Meyers, an unrated OG from Orange Park, Florida.  Kid is 6'4", 305#.  He really wants to get true guards.  If we offer, watch this kid blow up the boards.

Jalen Ramsey of Brentwood Academy just won the state broad jump at 24'4".  Jonathon Jones won his state competition at 23'11".  Ransey is a 4* DB, and teammate of Max Staver, one of our rising QB targets.

We just offered Jordan Wilkins, 4* RB from Cordova, TN.  6'1", 212#.  Sounds like Jovon II to me.

Jalen Ramsey of Brentwood Academy just won the state broad jump at 24'4".  Jonathon Jones won his state competition at 23'11".  Ransey is a 4* DB, and teammate of Max Staver, one of our rising QB targets.

didnt i see where jones was ninth best in the country this year in the "jump" ... well i guess we see who one of the 8 were ...

This is where the OL recruiting gets interesting.  Coach Grimes evaluated Ramsey Meyers, an unrated OG from Orange Park, Florida.  Kid is 6'4", 305#.  He really wants to get true guards.  If we offer, watch this kid blow up the boards.

And CJG is the type of coach where if he offers, you know the kids got it  :aufb:

And CJG is the type of coach where if he offers, you know the kids got it  :aufb:

Exactly my point.  His approach to recruiting doesn't make us star gazers happy, but the results certainly do.  Watch out for this kid, Caleb Benenoch, a Michigan State commit, OG, 6'6", 321#, from Texas.  CJG is high on him right now.  Also, and it's a good problem to have, Coach Grimes also has two top-ten ranked OTs very interested in us, Ethan Pocic (BCW attendee), and Derwin Gray.  If we have to, guess we'll make room somehow. :);D

Based on recent info, you would have to assume we would take a package deal of Grey and Ngakoue and let Grey be our lone OT in the class. Because I think our position of need is much more a LB issue than an OL and Yannick is pretty good ;)

Just an FYI, Jones had pulled a hamstring (I think) and almost didn't make the last and winning jump.  He decided to push through and won it.  :wedance:

Just an FYI, Jones had pulled a hamstring (I think) and almost didn't make the last and winning jump.  He decided to push through and won it.   :wedance:

I guess the way I put that implied I was minimizing JJ's jump, which is not what I intended.  Sorry to JJ for that.  I just want us to get Ramsey, and possibly Staver, because they are in my backyard, from one of my (and Auburn's) favorite programs.  But I think we got a great one in JJ.

Like this Jordan Wilkins RB, looks big and fast.  :thumbsup:

Ryan Buchanan has just confirmed he will be at BCW, but Muschamp has turned up the heat in light of the Bateman commit. 

Kevin Olson has named top three of Auburn, Miami, and Wisconsin.  Most feel he is Miami or Wisconsin bound however.

Kevin Olson has named top three of Auburn, Miami, and Wisconsin.  Most feel he is Miami or Wisconsin bound however.

His brother played at Miami, and quotes make it sounds like that's his favorite, but he's supposed to announce before the end of May. 

It looks like some of the results as we come to the end of four-week evaluations are:  QB: Buchanan or Rettig;  RB:  Wilkins or Dye; OL:  tackle; Pocic, Gray, guard; Benenoch, Meyers; WR: Isiah Jones, Travis Johnson; S: Cortez Leonard, Vonn Bell.  Star power would be sacrificed somewhat (Buchanan and Rettig are 3* while J Johnson is 4*, Benenoch a 3* and Meyers is NR), but that is what evaluations are for.  BTW, OGs typically don't receive high ratings for some reason.  At other positions, especially LB and DL, just stand back and look out for that hurricane comin' through!!  BCW also will tell us a lot, especially those prospects closer to Auburn geographically.

Well from reading all of the comments, hints, and between the lines it looks like it might be between RB and HR for the top AU target.

Any new info on what CSL thinks about JJ as a possible QB for AU?

Look for some solid information from evaluations at QB, safety, and tight end late tomorrow or over the weekend.  Progress being made on all three.  We're getting some good interest from OL prospects like Pocic, but the dilemma is where to put them.  We really need pure OGs or centers.  Grimes' reputation is wide-spread, nation-wide.

And only going to get better with the talent he has at his disposal over the next few seasons.  Hopefully we can hold onto Mr Grimes for as long as possible.  WDE! 

Personally, I think unless he is offered a good HC job, Grimes would be nuts to go somewhere else now. He has put all this work into the last 3 years to get some of the best talent in the country at Auburn and he has built up real quality depth. Now it's his time for him to reap the rewards of all that work and put the results on the field. With the top facilties he has to work with and all the other things AU has going for it, as long as Chiz keeps his money right, I dont think he is going anywhere for awhile. 

We apparently aren't satsified at WR right now, because we just offered Marquez North,4* Clemson lean from NC and Coach Loeffler just evaluated Kyrin Priester, uga commit.  Both are big, tall kids, just like Travis Johnson. 

Well from reading all of the comments, hints, and between the lines it looks like it might be between RB and HR for the top AU target.

Can we stop with all the acronyms for names?  Does anyone refer to you by your initials?  I didn't think so.  I know who JJ and HR are, but no idea who RB is.  If you can't type out their last name, especially when their initials typically mean something else like running back, you're just being lazy.  ;) 

Guest EagleDamnWar

Can we stop with all the acronyms for names?  Does anyone refer to you by your initials?  I didn't think so.  I know who JJ and HR are, but no idea who RB is.  If you can't type out their last name, especially when their initials typically mean something else like running back, you're just being lazy.  ;)   

ryan buchanan

Archived