Summer Evaluation Period

aupops2

What position does Whitehead play? With his measurables I thought WR, but did not see that stated in the article above.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What position does Whitehead play? With his measurables I thought WR, but did not see that stated in the article above.

Wide receiver is correct.

Looks like Demarcus Walker is a heavy Gator lean, followed by FSU.  We just can't seem to crack that Jacksonville market.

one of my friends is an assistant south of Atlanta. He said an Auburn coach stopped by to look at this kid.

They play in a tough region so he's gone up against good talent. 6'5, 250 DE as a junior. He should beef up a little this year because they finally have someone running the weight training program. The same team has a few other prospects coming up. Look up Trae Bonner as well. He's a 2014 recruit but will probably get looks from several big programs.

The safety position will get some strong attention over the next couple of weeks.  It is believed that two pure safeties, the type that a big enough to knock your clock off, are needed in this class.  Vonn Bell is a prime target, but is highly coveted across the landscape.  Interest is rising in Cortez Leonard, another 4*.  There are other big names out there, but we are not in the hunt at this time.  Look  for some movement here. 

The safety position will get some strong attention over the next couple of weeks.  It is believed that two pure safeties, the type that a big enough to knock your clock off, are needed in this class.  Vonn Bell is a prime target, but is highly coveted across the landscape.  Interest is rising in Cortez Leonard, another 4*.  There are other big names out there, but we are not in the hunt at this time.  Look  for some movement here. 

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

QB:  Cody Thomas reportedly named OU his leader, CGC talked to Conner Mitch yesterday via phone.

Perhaps the "stars are starting to align themselves" in the QB universe.  CSL was on the left coast evaluating Hayden Rettig yesterday, Conner Mitch has named USCe his leader, Cody Thomas has named OU his leader, and Cooper Bateman has a top five, including us.  Bateman will probably look at the depth chart and go to uat or Washington.  I think kolumbo is right; Rettig.  Still think Buchanan is a possibility, because CSL is high on him, but he is getting attention from EVERYWHERE!!

Perhaps the "stars are starting to align themselves" in the QB universe.  CSL was on the left coast evaluating Hayden Rettig yesterday, Conner Mitch has named USCe his leader, Cody Thomas has named OU his leader, and Cooper Bateman has a top five, including us.  Bateman will probably look at the depth chart and go to uat or Washington.  I think kolumbo is right; Rettig.  Still think Buchanan is a possibility, because CSL is high on him, but he is getting attention from EVERYWHERE!!

Ok, just as we thought, one (Mitch) is out of the picture.  Not to worry, he's been leaning there all along.

Look for some solid information from evaluations at QB, safety, and tight end late tomorrow or over the weekend.  Progress being made on all three.  We're getting some good interest from OL prospects like Pocic, but the dilemma is where to put them.  We really need pure OGs or centers. Coach Grimes' reputation is wide-spread, nation-wide.

Look for some solid information from evaluations at QB, safety, and tight end late tomorrow or over the weekend.  Progress being made on all three.  We're getting some good interest from OL prospects like Pocic, but the dilemma is where to put them.  We really need pure OGs or centers.  Grimes' reputation is wide-spread, nation-wide.

I think this has never been more evident than in last years OL haul. The casual fan will likely never know how big of a deal it was to keep him from taking the Texas job.

Look for some solid information from evaluations at QB, safety, and tight end late tomorrow or over the weekend.  Progress being made on all three.  We're getting some good interest from OL prospects like Pocic, but the dilemma is where to put them.  We really need pure OGs or centers.  Grimes' reputation is wide-spread, nation-wide.

I think this has never been more evident than in last years OL haul. The casual fan will likely never know how big of a deal it was to keep him from taking the Texas job.

Totally agree with you there DW. I was really getting tired of Auburn being a coaching pipeline to Texas. Hopefully Grimes has shut that down for a bit!

And only going to get better with the talent he has at his disposal over the next few seasons.  Hopefully we can hold onto Mr Grimes for as long as possible.  WDE! 

Totally agree with you there DW. I was really getting tired of Auburn being a coaching pipeline to Texas. Hopefully Grimes has shut that down for a bit!

Grimes didn't shut it down. Chizik did. He got the facilities upgraded to second to none, he gives the coaches room to do their job, and he has been adamant about paying top dollar for assistants. That creates an incredible working environment, and the success we're getting ready to have on the field over the next few years will undoubtedly open doors for those assistants to take promotions. And putting assistants into head coaching positions will make Chizik all the more attractive to top coaching candidates in looking for a boss to get them to the next level.

He truly does not get enough credit for the remarkable job he's done on the Plains. And the best part is that he sincerely doesn't care. War Damn Chizik!

Grimes didn't shut it down. Chizik did. He got the facilities upgraded to second to none, he gives the coaches room to do their job, and he has been adamant about paying top dollar for assistants. That creates an incredible working environment, and the success we're getting ready to have on the field over the next few years will undoubtedly open doors for those assistants to take promotions. And putting assistants into head coaching positions will make Chizik all the more attractive to top coaching candidates in looking for a boss to get them to the next level.

He truly does not get enough credit for the remarkable job he's done on the Plains. And the best part is that he sincerely doesn't care. War Damn Chizik!

I agree but really tell us what you think red

This is the final week of the four week evaluation period.  The coaches will spend the next week finalizing evaluations, comparing noted from visits to schools, and assessing the "fit" between prospectand our needs.  Also, they will now have a better feel for our chances of landing each target.  Next week will dovetail smoothly into Big Cat Weekend, where some of the pieces to the 2013 class picture puzzle will come together.

As reported in other threads, coaches visited Alvin Kamara (RB) today.  He's the kid that received 105 separate pieces of mail from uat IN ONE DAY!!  They also went to see Trey Matthews (S), uga commit. Kamara, Matthews, and Foster have stated they want to play college ball together.  Also, Cortez Leonard (4*S by 247) lists us in his top three, but doesn't have an offer yet.  Speculation is that we will take at least two safeties, not DBs, but true smash-mouthed safeties;  right now the candidates appear to be Matthews, Vonn Bell, and Leonard in that order.  Lots happening today;  all good.

Probably the two prospects getting the most rave reviews out there right now are M. Adams and Carl Lawson.  Kenny Bigelow also getting blown up, but we're probably out of it for him.

Probably the two prospects getting the most rave reviews out there right now are M. Adams and Carl Lawson.  Kenny Bigelow also getting blown up, but we're probably out of it for him.

Stupid Kiffin >:(

Guest jrljr

Unfortunately I can see the lure of USCw to a kid from the NE and not having been raised around SEC football. I think we are going to be just fine especially if we land MA!!

Unfortunately I can see the lure of USCw to a kid from the NE and not having been raised around SEC football. I think we are going to be just fine especially if we land MA!!

Agreed!!  We will be more than just fine; we will be golden!!

Guest jrljr

Agreed!!  We will be more than just fine; we will be golden!!

As I've stated in other posts, I believe the CBVG defense is going to be one of our strongest recruiting tools on it's own! When kids see the development of KF with the assistance of CSL the QB's are going to be beating our door down as well. 

Archived