Just for fun

Rednilla

Normally these type of issues don't have a ton of reality to them ... But other than maybe bigelow, there is real possibility here (although obviously a long shot)... But it is plausible ... Heck I guess bigelow is plausible.  With this type of possibilities, I may have to swallow my ethics just this one time and shoot for the full 25 schollys in this class - j/k, j/k

Well, I think Kamara is a stretch also.  He loves Oregon and I bet he goes there.  The Matthews/Foster package could easily happen without him, though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my guess

QB: J.J.

RB: Dye, Green

WR: Robinson, Jones

TE: Jackson

OL: We only take one due to low numbers.

DL: Liner, Lawson, Adams, Bowers

LB: Foster, Johnson, Davis, Toney

DB: Melton, Ellis

K: Butker

P: Hutchinson

I don't think we take any athletes due to that low number. But this class will be STACKED.

Being realistic, that's about as close as any list I've seen.  But, because of limited numbers, and amazing talent available on the D-line, it doesn't include a safety, and I know for a fact they want two. Maybe replace Ellis (even though he'd be a great get) with Bell, Leonard, or L Johnson.  So much available, and so little space to work with.  I guess it's a good problem.

Here is my guess

RB: Dye, Green

OL: We only take one due to low numbers.

I don't think we take any athletes due to that low number. But this class will be STACKED.

*SIGH*

Why is everyone so enamored with taking two running backs? We have four studs who are all underclassmen.

And if that athlete is Jason Smith, I think we will take him. The coaches like him that much.

Here is mine:

RB: Dye

OL: ???? have no clue

S: Mathews, L. Johnson

Pretty close to one of the previous posters

Here is mine:

Write this one down folks!!  We could have a winner.  My very personal choice, if we can get him, is Jalen Ramsey instead of Ellis.

Here is mine:

Write this one down folks!!  We could have a winner.  My very personal choice, if we can get him, is Jalen Ramsey instead of Ellis.

The only issue I have with this list is two corners, because I'm just not sold on having room considering all the other needs we have, but if we do then I'm with you about Ramsey. I like the things I've heard about him.

I think these lists are all pretty close. The difference will be Foster and Adams, These 2 guys would make a huge difference to the class.

Also - If Foster comes to Auburn and he actually does sway Tray Williams to come with him it changes things a bit. I think we'll get a top S prospect. If not Williams then maybe Vonn Bell.

My list (Copied from jwmboom7 mostly) assumes we get Foster and he brings others with him:

RB: Dye (Or Kamara from Foster connection)

OL: Probably 2 well rated interior linemen

DB: Melton

Ath: Jason Smith

Problem is that makes 21. So, something will have to give. I'm pretty sure we'd take a Foster/Adams/Bell over a kicker. But, who knows.

My personal thoughts...

1. We only take 1 RB

2. If we sign Jason Smith, he is a WR, and we only take 1 of him or Isiah Jones

3. We only take 1 OL

4. I don't think we take a Kicker on scholarship this year

RB: Wilkins

WR: Robinson, Smith

OL: Crowder

DL: Liner, Lawson, Adams, Bowers/Bellamy

S: L. Johnson, Bell

Total: 18

My personal thoughts...

1. We only take 1 RB

2. If we sign Jason Smith, he is a WR, and we only take 1 of him or Isiah Jones

3. We only take 1 OL

4. I don't think we take a Kicker on scholarship this year

RB: Wilkins

WR: Robinson, Smith

OL: Crowder

DL: Liner, Lawson, Adams, Bowers/Bellamy

S: L. Johnson, Bell

Total: 18

I know where you're coming from, and if this were our final class and a worst-case scenerio, it would be a helluva one. Certainly, all of our pressing needs will have been met.  However, IMO, we'll sign at least 20, and probably go as high as 23-24.  Good job, though

yea, i am starting to get that feeling (as discussed in other threads) that we will end up with a number that will require some scholly losses elsewhere on the team.  folks may need to brace themselves for that.  just a gut feel.

would be great for this class, but will make for some interesting discussion regarding scholly numbers.

The best case scenario for this class is superb. I'd say it's also the best case we've had at this point in the year even with the last few great recruiting classes.

Just for fun - Best case or close to it:

Guys with at least 1 source ranking them 5* -

Liner

Lawson

Adams

Johnson

Foster

Tray Matthews

Bell

So, a best care scenario of 7 guys coming in like that. That's fantastic. And, If I were a betting man I'd bet we at least 5 guys from that list.

Just looking at the recruiting rankings on Rivals, were Foster and Matthews to flip to Auburn, Auburn would likely pass both GA and Bama.  Not to mention it would likely solidify Auburn's class as one of the best defensive classes in the past decade, and thats not even counting Monty Adams.  #winning

:believe::we::believe::aufb:

Here is mine:

But the Sills commit has already been accepted right ? Do you mean Ramsey in addition to Sills. ?

Here is mine:

But the Sills commit has already been accepted right ? Do you mean Ramsey in addition to Sills. ?

Pops' post was before Sills committed. Pops' post was on May 31st. Sills committed on June 1st.

Here is mine:

Pops' post was before Sills committed. Pops' post was on May 31st. Sills committed on June 1st.

Ahhh, I hadn't noticed his post date. Never mind Pops.  ;)

Here is mine:

Yeah, with Sills we should be done at CB.  At OL, Rodgers is the first strong name being mentioned repeatedly.  With Grimes, you just don't know until he's done evaluating.  At DE, Bowers and Bellamy are pretty even, but look out if DeMarcus Walker really visits.  I don't think, and I could be all wrong, we will take a commitment from either until and if Walker visits.  Most think, right now, he's UF's to lose.

Here is mine:

Well, we can substitute Irvin-Sills for Ellis; I think we're done at corner, and probably insert Wilkins for Dye.  Definitely put Rodgers in at OL.  Also, another WR name could emerge soon instead of Jones.

Archived