Just for fun

Rednilla

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my top 20 but my best guess based on what I have seen, heard, and read.

QB Jeremy Johnson (Just don't see us signing the big 3, Sandberg my favorite, but he's off the radar apparently)

QB/Ath  Jason Smith

RB  T. Dye

WR  E. Robinson

WR Shelton Gibson

TE  S. Dobard (We flip him if we can't flip Howard)

OT  Derwin Gray (Don't think we flip Golson)

OG Wilson Bell

C  Khaliel Rodgers

DE C. Lawson

DE Ulric Jones

DT D. Liner

DT R. Crayton

LB Trey Johnson

LB Cam Toney

LB J. Davis

CB K. Melton

CB  Noel Ellis

S  Von Bell

Ath  C. Luper

K  Hutchinson

Don't think we make room for any more kickers.  Hope I'm wrong.

Anyone want to change their "Just for Fun" predictions.  Haven't seen or heard anything yet to change my list from 5 weeks ago.  Although I wonder if the kicker might end up as a Grayshirt or "Invited Walkon" due to numbers. Kinda depends on how many "Projects" or "Diamonds in the rough" we sign.

OK, we haven't done this in two weeks.  Let's do it!!  My turn first:  QB (2): Rettig, JJohnson; RB (1): Dye or Kamara; WR (3): Robinson, I Jones, Woods or Whitehead; TE (1): Howard; OL (2): Gray, Pocic or Benenoch or Crowder; K(1): Hutch; S(2): Matthews, Bell or Leonard or Luper; DB (2): Melton, Hargreaves III; DL (3): Adams, Liner, Lawson; LB (5): Toney, Johnson, Foster, Davis, Ngakoue; ATH (1): J Smith; PK (1): ??  Total = 24.  I think we'll have attrition to go to 24.  How 'bout them apples?

Let me elaborate on some of these picks.  QB:  If not Rettig, I think Max Staver is moving up fast.  DB:  If Hargreaves doesn't want to play for Dad, we stand a shot. That may be the case.  I love the fact that Derwin Gray is talking us up to his teammate Ngakoue.  Plus, after Goldman, Diggs, and C Jones from last year, and CK the year before, I want to see us get someone from the DC area.  Also, I didn't put Nustafaa in, because he does want to follow his Dad.  BRW, that's not a knock on the Hargreaves', because they are very close.  This class would give us 3 current 5*s ( Foster, Adams, and Hargreaves), with 3 more on the bubble (  Liner, Lawson, and Johnson)

Update:  QB (2): JJohnson, Staver(coming in late Summer); RB (2): Wilkins, Kamara; WD (3): Robinson, I Jones, North or T Johnson; TE (1): Howard; OL (2): Gray, Pocic, Benenoch, Meyers; K (1): Hutch; S (2): Matthews, Bell, Leonard, or Luper; DB (2): Melton, ???; DL (3) :  Adams, Liner, Lawson; LB (4): Toney, Davis, Johnson, Foster or Ngakoue; ATH (1): J Smith ;  PK (1):  ??

not sure if we will be able to get to 24 new signees or not, but i sure would like to get everyone you have listed!

Yeah, some more attrition will have to occur, but I think it will.

not sure if we will be able to get to 24 new signees or not, but i sure would like to get everyone you have listed!

I'm worried about attrition.  Trotter and Bono opened up spots which insures schollies for all incoming (2012) class and a few walkons I think.  O'reilly, White and LP opened schollies for 2013 class and beyond.  I have bad vibes about 2 or 3 more on offense and a couple on defense.  No inside info, just a feeling.  Guess it happens sometimes with new coaches or systems (coordinators).

According to Jay Tate, in a May 5 column, after all the losses we have 66 on scholarship now and 17 summer enrollees, for a total of 83 on scholarship. White is still on the list but Coleman is not so that would be a swap.

For the 2013 class, that would give us 2 (under the 85 limit) + 12 (departing '12 Seniors)= 14 before any more attrition. Here is the link, its the 2nd post down.

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/

Ok, post BCW, watcha got?  I'm gonna go with my man Jonesy and say we sign 20.  That means we're half-way there with 10 commits.  So, as the Bud commercial says, "Here we go!!"  QB: 1, Jeremy Johnson;  RB: 1 (guys, we just don't have room for two), Wilkins, Dye, Green; WR: 2 (Robinson, I. Jones); TE: 1 (all we can take), AJ Jackson; OL: 2, (have GOT to be OGs) Coach Grimes.  Total on offense: 7.  DL: 4, Liner, Lawson, Adams, and either Bower or unnamed up-and comer; LB: 4, Johnson, Davis, Toney, Ngakoue; DB (Corner) 2: Melton, plus one still to be evaluated; DB (safety)2: Two unknown from Bell, Leonard, etc,.; K:1 Hutchison.  Total on defense: 13.  When you put it on paper, it shows how little "wiggle room" we've got.  Right now, safety seems to be the biggest unknown, with no clear leaders and the coaches feel we have to get two in this class.  My strong vote for the second corner has got to be Jalen Ramsey, but Jason Smith will be ok.  I do not believe that, at this time, either Foster or Howard will be part of this class.  Plus, no matter the stars, just know, if we get a commitment from this point forward, that kid will be our top target at that position.

Why does everyone think we take four DBs? We have 8 freshmen and sophomores who play DB, 9 if you include Fisher, plus two juniors. Is there really a need for 16 defensive backs? Have the coaches made it clear that they want two corners and two safeties?

For the most part, I agree with your list, but take out one of the DBs and add either a center or Howard at TE (I do think there's a chance we'll take him, though I agree that Johnson's emergence suggests that maybe Howard no longer has a spot to flip into). If we do, indeed, take four DBs, then I think we'll take 21 total...though looking at the roster and knowing we've only got 13 spots now, I don't know how we'd make that happen.

Why does everyone think we take four DBs? We have 8 freshmen and sophomores who play DB, 9 if you include Fisher, plus two juniors. Is there really a need for 16 defensive backs? Have the coaches made it clear that they want two corners and two safeties?

For the most part, I agree with your list, but take out one of the DBs and add either a center or Howard at TE (I do think there's a chance we'll take him, though I agree that Johnson's emergence suggests that maybe Howard no longer has a spot to flip into). If we do, indeed, take four DBs, then I think we'll take 21 total...though looking at the roster and knowing we've only got 13 spots now, I don't know how we'd make that happen.

You could be correct regarding corners, but they do want two safeties if they are available.  The numbers are so tight this year, and so many talented prospects!!

You could be correct regarding corners, but they do want two safeties if they are available.  The numbers are so tight this year, and so many talented prospects!!

Yeah, it would make more sense for it to be two safeties and one corner, especially since it seems we signed two pure corners and a big corner/safety in last year's class, but I wouldn't put it past them to sign a guy who most project at corner and move him to safety. I'm not sure the coaches differentiate too much between the two until they get to practice and show what they can do at this level.

Yeah, it would make more sense for it to be two safeties and one corner, especially since it seems we signed two pure corners and a big corner/safety in last year's class, but I wouldn't put it past them to sign a guy who most project at corner and move him to safety. I'm not sure the coaches differentiate too much between the two until they get to practice and show what they can do at this level.

Roof/Lolley did not differentiate, and a lot of folks think that was a problem.  BVG/Martinez would like to separate the two recruiting-wise as we go forward.  Martinez wants a smash-mouth, in your face kid at safety, with a more agile, resiliant kid at corner.  That's why you'll see EF and Therieze excel at safety this year.  Right now, we have a shot at a potential corner, Jalen Ramsey, (he just won the state decathelon championship), but with one corner commit already, we may not have a slot for him.  I look for a big push to get two really physical safeties, but we've got work to do.

i swear some of our insiders here said that they expected Howard to flip to us eventually. What happened to that?

Some on AE said thet he would flip during BigCat, the mods said that if OJ does flip it will be later in the year after he sees AU new offense. I would guess Oct/Nov time-frame, however he will have to De-commit from Brainwash U first ..... so until that happens I would not get your hopes up too much. If OJ flips that would be AUsome but if he does not it not I would not worry about it.

I want players that want to be at Auburn if they don't want to be here I don't want them to play here because they will only hurt the team chemistry and will be using up a spot that could have been filled by someone that wants to play football at Auburn.

I will give this a shot-

QB (1)- Johnson

RB (1)- Dye/Green/Wilkins- I'll go with Dye for now, but I think it's open for whoever wants to pull the trigger first.

WR (2)- Robinson, Jones

TE (1)- Jackson

OL (2)- Guards- toss up at this point. Crowder and Rodgers would be nice.

DL (4)- Liner, Lawson, Adams. 1 more from Mustafaa, Bower, Walker.

LB (3)- Johnson, Davis, Toney

CB (1)- Melton

S (2)- Hopefully 2 of Matthews/Bell/Leonard/L. Johnson

K (1)- Hutch

That's 18. The numbers above are where I would see the needs. I think 20 is probably a reasonable number, so that leaves 2 spots for best available and/or athletes. Foster/Howard/Ramsey/Pocic/Smith would all fall into this category. I suppose the 4th DL could fall into the category of "only if someone elite is in the picture" and thus open up one more spot for a stud somewhere else. I would guess a minimum of 2 signees will be guys who are not at all in the picture at this point.

Roof/Lolley did not differentiate, and a lot of folks think that was a problem.  BVG/Martinez would like to separate the two recruiting-wise as we go forward.  Martinez wants a smash-mouth, in your face kid at safety, with a more agile, resiliant kid at corner.  That's why you'll see EF and Therieze excel at safety this year.  Right now, we have a shot at a potential corner, Jalen Ramsey, (he just won the state decathelon championship), but with one corner commit already, we may not have a slot for him.  I look for a big push to get two really physical safeties, but we've got work to do.

That makes sense, and I'm glad to hear it because the positions are different. FS and SS are basically the same in the Tampa 2, but I don't know if BVG might have plans to run a different variation of the 4-3, and both are different from corner.

QB: Johnson

RB: Dye, Wilkins

WR: Robinson, Jones, Woods

TE: Jackson

OL: Rodgers, Helms

DL: Liner, Lawson, Adams, Bowers or Bellamy

LB: Johnson, Davis, Foster, Toney

DB: Melton, Ellis or Ramsey, Johnson

ATH: Smith

K/P: Hutchinson, Butker

Idk if we can take this many but this is my guess.  :we:

RB: Dye, Wilkins

WR: Robinson, Jones, Woods

OL: Rodgers, Helms

DL: Liner, Lawson, Adams, Bowers or Bellamy

DB: Melton, Ellis or Ramsey, Johnson

K/P: Hutchinson, Butker

Idk if we can take this many but this is my guess.   :we:

Not a bad guess, but I think we take one back and probably just two wideouts. Not sure how likely it is we'll take Ramsey because I really think we're more likely to take two safeties and a corner, but three DBs seems right. No clue who we'll end up heavily pursuing on O-line, but aside from them and Ramsey, I'd say you've got a pretty accurate list.

i swear some of our insiders here said that they expected Howard to flip to us eventually. What happened to that?

How do you know that he hasn't?  :cool:

Here is my early prediction (guess):

RB: Dye, Green

WR: Robinson, Jones

OL: Crowder, (Rodgers or Droogsma)

DL: Liner, Lawson, Adams, Bowers

DB: Melton, Ellis, Johnson

K/P: Hutchinson

OL: Crowder, Rodgers

Good list, especially working around the 20-21 cap.  Two things, though.  We'll probably get a commit from Butker this weekend, plus they really want two safeties, possibly limiting the class to one or two corners.  I like the rest, though.  BTW, Green at RB could be either Ryan or Derrick.

This post is not serious, but "just for fun".  With all the "package deals" in the works, let's figure they all work out in our favor.  Thus, from Eastern Christian, we will get Bigelow, Rodgers, and Irvin-Sills for 2013, and David Sills for 2014.  We then get Derwin Gray and Ngakoue from Friendship Acedemy.  Finally, we get the Foster-Matthews-Kamara package.  So, thats Bigelow, Rodgers, Irvin-Sills, Gray, Ngakoue, Foster, Matthews, Kamara (8 total), leaving room for Liner, T Johnson, Lawson, Adams, J Johnson, Wilkins, Toney, Davis, Jackson, Robinson, Melton, Hutcheson, and Butker.  21 total.

Normally these type of issues don't have a ton of reality to them ... But other than maybe bigelow, there is real possibility here (although obviously a long shot)... But it is plausible ... Heck I guess bigelow is plausible.  With this type of possibilities, I may have to swallow my ethics just this one time and shoot for the full 25 schollys in this class - j/k, j/k

OL: Crowder, Rodgers

That would be insane.

Here is my guess

QB: J.J.

OL: We only take one due to low numbers.

LB: Foster, Johnson, Davis, Toney

DB: Melton, Ellis

K: Butker

P: Hutchinson

I don't think we take any athletes due to that low number. But this class will be STACKED.

Archived