Just for fun

Rednilla

QB- Hayden Rettig

QB- Jeremy Johnson

RB- Tyshon Dye

FB- Josh Anderson

WR- Earnest Robinson

WR- Isaiah Jones

TE- OJ Howard (I think we flip him, going out on a limb mostly here)

OL- Derwin Gray

OG- no idea

DL- Dee Liner

DE- Carl Lawson

DT- Jay Ellison or Rod Crayton (if we offer)

DE- Naim Mustafaa or Frank Herron

DL- one more "best available" guy....hopefully Montravius Adams or Kenny Bigelow

LB- Trey Johnson

LB- Jarrad Davis

LB- Cameron Toney

CB- Kamryn Melton

CB- Jason Smith

S- Vonn Bell

K- Harrison Butker

LS- Trevor Morgan

P- Jimmy Hutchinson

I think your list is pretty darn close except I think we might sign a 4th LB. I don't think you are going out on a limb at all with putting Howard on your list at TE because I think we will in fact flip him. Finally, I think that Ulrich Jones will be there. 

Do we need to sign a LS? With all the talent that wants to come to AU (eg @ WR, LB, QB/athlete, OL) I would think we would want to sign an extra body at an offensive or defensive position rather than an additional ST player. Perhaps an extra OL-man who could double as a LS?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QB- Hayden Rettig

QB- Jeremy Johnson

RB- Tyshon Dye

FB- Josh Anderson

WR- Earnest Robinson

WR- Isaiah Jones

TE- OJ Howard (I think we flip him, going out on a limb mostly here)

OL- Derwin Gray

OG- no idea

DL- Dee Liner

DE- Carl Lawson

DT- Jay Ellison or Rod Crayton (if we offer)

DE- Naim Mustafaa or Frank Herron

DL- one more "best available" guy....hopefully Montravius Adams or Kenny Bigelow

LB- Trey Johnson

LB- Jarrad Davis

LB- Cameron Toney

CB- Kamryn Melton

CB- Jason Smith

S- Vonn Bell

K- Harrison Butker

LS- Trevor Morgan

P- Jimmy Hutchinson

I think your list is pretty darn close except I think we might sign a 4th LB. I don't think you are going out on a limb at all with putting Howard on your list at TE because I think we will in fact flip him. Finally, I think that Ulric Jones will be there. 

Do we need to sign a LS? With all the talent that wants to come to AU (eg @ WR, LB, QB/athlete, OL) I would think we would want to sign an extra body at an offensive or defensive position rather than an additional ST player. Perhaps an extra OL-man who could double as a LS?

I agree. I even remember thinking about it too and then I forgot to add that to my post about his list .

Honestly, while I do feel I'm going out on a limb with Foster, I think it's more likely that we sign Howard than it is that the turds sign him. In Foster's case, I feel like his proximity to Auburn University and his interaction with two coaches' sons will open the door, and if that happens I think our odds skyrocket. With Howard, I'm not so sure it isn't going to be a similar situation to Yeldon's, at least publicly, with Howard remaining committed to Bama for some time while rumors of him flipping going all over the net, then finally making it official that he is indeed going to Auburn.

The only problem that I have with your predicted scenario is that I don't believe that our coaches would plan to do this as was obviously the case in the Yeldon jump. If this happened, it would be because the player planned it, imo.

Guest jrljr

I believe we will end up signing Dye rather than Issac. But if Issac wnts to be an Auburn Man I would welcome him with open arms. He has great size and he's fast.

As of right now, Dye coming to AU is 10x greater than Isaac coming to AU. 5% chance that Isaac comes here 

I agree with that

Honestly, while I do feel I'm going out on a limb with Foster, I think it's more likely that we sign Howard than it is that the turds sign him. In Foster's case, I feel like his proximity to Auburn University and his interaction with two coaches' sons will open the door, and if that happens I think our odds skyrocket. With Howard, I'm not so sure it isn't going to be a similar situation to Yeldon's, at least publicly, with Howard remaining committed to Bama for some time while rumors of him flipping going all over the net, then finally making it official that he is indeed going to Auburn.

The only problem that I have with your predicted scenario is that I don't believe that our coaches would plan to do this as was obviously the case in the Yeldon jump. If this happened, it would be because the player planned it, imo.

That's why I said "at least publicly". I don't think anyone is exactly planning it, I just think he's wavering quite a bit but will likely wait until he's absolutely sure before he makes a switch.

Guest jrljr

As of right now, Dye coming to AU is 10x greater than Isaac coming to AU. 5% chance that Isaac comes here 

I agree with that

I believe Dye to be ahead of Isaac at this point, Isaac's film shows him running the same end around play over and over then it's all speed. He is fast, however, IMO Dye is the one I want as he has speed, power, and can make guys miss.

I agree with that

I believe Dye to be ahead of Isaac at this point, Isaac's film shows him running the same end around play over and over then it's all speed. He is fast, however, IMO Dye is the one I want as he has speed, power, and can make guys miss.

This is why I like Dye more. Isaac has speed and size, but his tape is him getting to the secondary almost always untouched and just outrunning everyone. Plus I would be worried about him outgrowing the RB position. I could see him ending up at WR or LB.

It's probably gonna be quiet on the recruiting trail for a month or so since we're in an evaluation period, so now might be a good time for the recruiting gurus on this site to update their list.  I would love to see some; rednilla. kkolumbo, smurphy, flexbone, jonesy.  ( If I left anyone out, it is due to memory and not a slight to anyone, so I apologize in advance)

1. Rettig QB

2. Johnson QB

3. Dye RB

4. Howard TE

5. Smith WR

6. OG- no idea who we are cruitin', Can't find anyone with interest at this time.

7. Butker K

8. Foster LB

9. Adams DT

10. Ramsey CB

11. Bell S

12. Matthews S

13. Walker DE

Haven't counted total scholorships available. Not the guru you are refering to. But who would you not take? All in for fun.

8. Foster LB

10. Ramsey CB

12. Matthews S

13. Walker DE

All of those are gonna be very tough "gets."

Who would you replace them with O&B? just asking

I don't think Foster decommits because of Saban getting linebackers to the NFL. I'll go with Yannick Ngakoue this early in the process.

I think we have a great shot at Noel Ellis at corner, but i'm not sure his offer is committable at the moment.

At the safety spot, i like Jason Smith, and i noticed you have him as a WR. Smith is a great athlete.

At DE, i like Naim Mustafaa even though his family ties are with Georgia Tech. D. Walker is great, and i would love to have him, but it's a UF/UAT battle right now.

At OG, we are heavily recruiting Ethan Pocic and Tyrone Crowder. If NSD was today, i believe we get Crowder.

THANKS O&B thats the info I was looking for. Smith is a ATH. but if he lands at S then who do we take to fill the other WR slot or do we take a FB? I enjoy looking at how this unfolds not just player wise but also position wise. Still waiting on aupops call out to red, jonesy,smurphy, and flexbone.

8. Foster LB

10. Ramsey CB

12. Matthews S

13. Walker DE

All of those are gonna be very tough "gets."

Who would you replace them with O&B? just asking

I don't think Foster decommits because of Saban getting linebackers to the NFL. I'll go with Yannick Ngakoue this early in the process.

I think we have a great shot at Noel Ellis at corner, but i'm not sure his offer is committable at the moment.

At the safety spot, i like Jason Smith, and i noticed you have him as a WR. Smith is a great athlete.

At DE, i like Naim Mustafaa even though his family ties are with Georgia Tech. D. Walker is great, and i would love to have him, but it's a UF/UAT battle right now.

At OG, we are heavily recruiting Ethan Pocic and Tyrone Crowder. If NSD was today, i believe we get Crowder.

I don't think we will take another corner in this class. We just signed three corner prospects in February, and we already have another one in this class. I'm sure we'll take a safety, and maybe even two, but I rather doubt it with the numbers we have (12 DBs returning next year, 8 of whom are sophomores or freshmen) and the need at other positions.

I'm with you 100% on Crowder, though, and Mustafaa isn't a bad call either.

THANKS O&B thats the info I was looking for. Smith is a ATH. but if he lands at S then who do we take to fill the other WR slot or do we take a FB? I enjoy looking at how this unfolds not just player wise but also position wise. Still waiting on aupops call out to red, jonesy,smurphy, and flexbone.

Good stuff from you and O & B; many thanks.  Just to clarify, though, I was merely hoping to get a response from the "insiders", not at all calling them out, because I respect their opinions and insight.  I just threw bait out there to see if I could get a bite;  so far, recruiting info this year has been awfully non-existent.  If someone did step forward with some good projections, they'd probably get a lot of attention. 

Good stuff from you and O & B; many thanks.  Just to clarify, though, I was merely hoping to get a response from the "insiders", not at all calling them out, because I respect their opinions and insight.  I just threw bait out there to get if I could get a bite;  so far, recruiting info this year has been awfully non-existent.  If someone did step forward with some good projections, they'd probably get a lot of attention. 

Hook, line, and sinker ....  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we haven't done this in two weeks.  Let's do it!!  My turn first:  QB (2): Rettig, JJohnson; RB (1): Dye or Kamara; WR (3): Robinson, I Jones, Woods or Whitehead; TE (1): Howard; OL (2): Gray, Pocic or Benenoch or Crowder; K(1): Hutch; S(2): Matthews, Bell or Leonard or Luper; DB (2): Melton, Hargreaves III; DL (3): Adams, Liner, Lawson; LB (5): Toney, Johnson, Foster, Davis, Ngakoue; ATH (1): J Smith; PK (1): ??  Total = 24.  I think we'll have attrition to go to 24.  How 'bout them apples?

OK, we haven't done this in two weeks.  Let's do it!!  My turn first:  QB (2): Rettig, JJohnson; RB (1): Dye or Kamara; WR (3): Robinson, I Jones, Woods or Whitehead; TE (1): Howard; OL (2): Gray, Pocic or Benenoch or Crowder; K(1): Hutch; S(2): Matthews, Bell or Leonard or Luper; DB (2): Melton, Hargreaves III; DL (3): Adams, Liner, Lawson; LB (5): Toney, Johnson, Foster, Davis, Ngakoue; ATH (1): J Smith; PK (1): ??  Total = 24.  I think we'll have attrition to go to 24.  How 'bout them apples?

That would be the best linebacker class that i have ever seen at Auburn, and a much needed one.  :we:

That would be the best linebacker class that i have ever seen at Auburn, and a much needed one.   :we:

How about the DL class?  Not too shabby either!!

That would be the best linebacker class that i have ever seen at Auburn, and a much needed one.   :we:

The best quality DL in my lifetime of knowing football. Thanks Pops!!!!

Guest jrljr

The more time goes by I think we get Foster and maybe Matthews on his coattails. We are going to be turning down D prospects once they get a look at a CBVG defense. All his former players at UGA, many who made it to the next level, rave about him. Damn I can't wait for Sept.!!!  WDE!!!

:we:

Let me elaborate on some of these picks.  QB:  If not Rettig, I think Max Staver is moving up fast.  DB:  If Hargreaves doesn't want to play for Dad, we stand a shot. That may be the case.  I love the fact that Derwin Gray is talking us up to his teammate Ngakoue.  Plus, after Goldman, Diggs, and C Jones from last year, and CK the year before, I want to see us get someone from the DC area.  Also, I didn't put Nustafaa in, because he does want to follow his Dad.  BRW, that's not a knock on the Hargreaves', because they are very close.  This class would give us 3 current 5*s ( Foster, Adams, and Hargreaves), with 3 more on the bubble (  Liner, Lawson, and Johnson)

The more time goes by I think we get Foster and maybe Matthews on his coattails. We are going to be turning down D prospects once they get a look at a CBVG defense. All his former players at UGA, many who made it to the next level, rave about him. Damn I can't wait for Sept.!!!  WDE!!!

:we:

Phenomenal point!  As much as Saban's been selling the NFL thing the last several years (and well in all fairness), I think CBVG has major clout to do that just as much if not more so.  This is a guy who hasn't just spent time in the NFL, he's been an NFL d coord. for several years.  Add to that the fact that our recruiting staff is as strong now as it's ever been (Grimes, Thig, Troop, CBVG and I believe Pelton and Loeffler once they get going, are among the best @ their positions in the country), and it's game on ladies and germs.

Archived