Why isn't there a statue of

auburn4ever

my opinion ...

i am not a fan of naming anything after anyone nor having statues and the like.  i would prefer auburn tiger stadium.  i love that we kept it auburn arena.  no statues, no busts ... i am a fan of less is more.  because 100 years from now, who do those famous people have something to be named after? 

Auburn Arena is just waiting for another run of success to come along. Once it does, the Arena will be renamed.

Just my opinion and thoughts. I think we have things in their proper perspective "as is".

1) The Stadium bears Coach Jordan's name

2) The field bears Pat Dye's name.

3) Distinguished players' murals are displayed on the outside of the stadium.

4) And now, "The Heisman Park" complete with not only the bust of Coach Heisman but also of our Heisman recipients.

To me, to add anything more would take away from what at the present is a very tasteful, appealing tribute to Auburn Football. Who else would we need to immortalize? If we want to honor our broadcasters (Buddy Rutledge, Gary Sanders, Jim Fyffe) Or our AD's (David Housel, Pat Dye, Jay Jacobs, etc) could we not put something akin to a Walk of Fame somewhere outside of the stadium to honor them?

I would hate to see us go crazy and put up "hardware" to the point we took away from the pristine beauty of Jordan - Hare Stadium, itself.

my opinion ...

i am not a fan of naming anything after anyone nor having statues and the like.  i would prefer auburn tiger stadium.  i love that we kept it auburn arena.  no statues, no busts ... i am a fan of less is more.  because 100 years from now, who do those famous people have something to be named after? 

Auburn Arena is just waiting for another run of success to come along. Once it does, the Arena will be renamed.

:thumbsup:

my opinion ...

Yep "Golf Arena" you heard it here first.

my opinion ...

Yep "gAUlf Arena" you heard it here first.

I'm cool with that  :thumbsup:

my opinion ...

you can't spell

my opinion ...

you can't spell

Yea but I can still play without the "special caddy" 

While we're at it, let's put a statue of George Petrie out there in honor of bringing football to the school, and one of John Heisman for being the most recognizable football coach to ever coach at Auburn, and one each for Mike Donahue, Terry Bowden, and Tommy Tuberville for going undefeated (Chizik's will remain on layaway until he retires), and...

Would getting a bobble head kinda be the next best thing to getting a statue?

While we're at it, let's put a statue of George Petrie out there in honor of bringing football to the school, and one of John Heisman for being the most recognizable football coach to ever coach at Auburn, and one each for Mike Donahue, Terry Bowden, and Tommy Tuberville for going undefeated (Chizik's will remain on layaway until he retires), and...

Well that all depends. Are we talking your run-of-the-mill ballpark giveaway bobble heads, or are we talking one of those super duper bobble heads that can talk and sing and chant and stuff?

I think having the stadium named after him is prob even more of an honor than having a statue. Regardless, I think we have enough statues right now.

Oh I dunno...I think we could add a few more Heisman statues to the collection  ;)

I think having the stadium named after him is prob even more of an honor than having a statue. Regardless, I think we have enough statues right now.

Oh I dunno...I think we could add a few more Heisman statues to the collection  ;)

I see no reason for sarcasm there! :tease:

I see no reason for sarcasm there! :tease:

Where? :dunno:

Well that all depends. Are we talking your run-of-the-mill ballpark giveaway bobble heads, or are we talking one of those super duper bobble heads that can talk and sing and chant and stuff?

Yes...I'm thinking sing and chant.

Maybe even dance a little.

Yes...I'm thinking sing and chant.

Maybe even dance a little.

Maybe a Golf bobble head. I know a certain member who would buy all of them to knock the head off. Could be a money maker for AE.

Archived