Prayers please.

Wareagletd

:believe:

Prayer sent......Thank you for your Granpa's service.  Mine was in WWII also, Dad was in Vietnam, and I've served 23 years in AF...so I know something about Military service and I can appreciate the service your Grandfather did...without those types of people we would all be speaking German right now.  So, again, prayers to your family and my undying thanks to your Grandfather!!!!

Thanks everyone for the prayers. He died of a massive heart attack. His body basically fell apart when he broke his hip about a month ago. Again, thanks for the prayers. God just called one of his finest soldiers home. AE is the best site on the net, founded and ran by some of the best people (besides maybe Bird) and all of its members are quite extraordinary too. War Eagle!

My Grandfather was in WW2 also, Army Air Force, worked on B29 engines. He passed in 2000.

Learned alot from that man. Miss him much. I can sympathize with your loss.

Your family's loss will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

It choked me up seeing the American flag in his front yard that he put up everyday at 6 in the morning and took down at 8 in the evening. This man was as American as they come and I will always be thankful for the service that all of the armed forces put in. Btw, he was in the Navy, to correlate with the above posters mention about their grandpa, but thanks everyone for the prayers. Nothing can compare to the AU family.

It choked me up seeing the American flag in his front yard that he put up everyday at 6 in the morning and took down at 8 in the evening. This man was as American as they come and I will always be thankful for the service that all of the armed forces put in. Btw, he was in the Navy, to correlate with the above posters mention about their grandpa, but thanks everyone for the prayers. Nothing can compare to the AU family.

Your grandfather knew what that flag meant on a very personal level. God Bless his soul. We owe our freedom to him, and the other WWll veterans. They really were the Greatest Generation.

He was one of a generation that was much better than I can understand. They  don't make them like that anymore. I hope you and your family will focus on the good.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  My prayers go out to you and your family.  Thank you for your grandfather's service. My grandfather also served in the Navy during WWII and passed when I was only 8 years old in the 80's.  He was like a best friend to me and was one of the main reasons I decided to serve.  Although I am out of the service (onto another public service)  I will always have great respect and admiration for those that do.  I will be sending my salute to heaven tonight for your grandfather and mine, as well as all others that have gone before us!

Guest shirley4au9

Thanks to your grandpa for his service to our country.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

^^^^This^^^ Praying for peace during this time of great sorrow.

So sorry for your loss. We should all be so thankful for the men & women that have given so much for our freedom & liberty. Your Grandpa sounds like a wonderful man.

Archived