A-DAY GAME THREAD

AuburnBoy10

Just watched the replay.....

Kiehl looked very comfortable. Threw some beautiful balls today.

Pike has a gun for an arm also.

We have some RB's people. Blakely and Grant were very impressive. Mason had a nice run or two.

I am sure we went vanilla with our O, but lots of motion.

D tackling was very very impressive.

Not bad for a spring game with two new coordinators and new philosophies.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did christian westerman start today?

No, he is playing with the second unit at RG.

First unit: LT: Robinson, LG: Sullen, C: Dismukes, RG: Slade, RT: Miller.

Now that's pretty interesting. Sounds as if Miller might have actually moved ahead of Westerman and Mack then. Of course, this could be more motivation for those two to kick it into high gear, but then, the fact that Miller has come out and made this much noise is a pretty big deal, and it's something I love to hear.

Mack is our backup at RT. Second unit: LT: Callahan, LG: O'Reilly, C: Fariyike, RG: Westerman, RT: Mack. I think they will give Jordan Diamond and Avery Young a chance to compete for starting role at RT along with Miller and Mack.

It looked to me like Frazier would have been carried off the field on at least a couple of plays if the qbs had of been live.  What happened- did someone miss picking up a blitz and not block or was Frazier not paying attention?  We will run out of qbs in the first game if we don't get that fixed.

I was at the game yesterday so thought I would give a few of my observations

1.) Kiehl Frazier looks so much more comfortable and more polished than last year. Not sure why they haven't made it official yet but it was easy to see Frazier was the best

2.) Still concerned with OL. It appears Mack and Westerman haven't proved yet they are ready to play to Grimes. I would prefer to have Slade at RT as I believe he is a much better tackle than guard. Will be interesting to see if any of these freshman coming in challenge and who makes a move over the summer. Miller impressed me for just being a freshman. Kid is gonna be a good anchor on the line for years to come

3.) Blakely has great vision and balance. I think we are gonna see a good mix of the 4 backs which will keep them fresh all game

4.) Emory and Trovon look ready to tear it up. Sammie Coates has a ways to go before we crown him the next big thing. He looks like a really good football player but I was severely underwhelmed with his performance. Denson on the other hand might find his way onto the field some this year

5.) Our DE depth is amazing and the speed out there is flat our ridiculous

6.) Prosch is bringing us back that physical brand of football

7.) Pike was a lot better than I expected. He of course is nowhere near ready to play but I think he has a chance to become a starter after Kiehl graduates. I will say he looked clumsy out there

8.) Good speed at LB by Frost, Holland, Bates. They also hit hard

9.) Found out absolutely nothing about he secondary. No clue how good or bad it is gonna be

10.) Aday every year get more boring. I hope one of these days Chizik splits it up into two teams and at least gives us something fun to watch. That was downright painful at times

Overall I am happy with QB, WR, and HB development. OL still needs work. I'm hoping to see some good development over the summer and they look better against Clemson. Defense looks a lot more aggressive but still couldn't get a good read on them considering half of the starters didn't play. I think this team can win 10 games this season. The Arkansas game to me is much more winnable with Petrino gone. LSU is the only team that truly has more talent than we do. Is it football season yet???

:we:

It looked to me like Frazier would have been carried off the field on at least a couple of plays if the qbs had of been live.  What happened- did someone miss picking up a blitz and not block or was Frazier not paying attention?  We will run out of qbs in the first game if we don't get that fixed.

Sometimes it was a blitz which the person came in untouched or even unlooked at.  Sometimes it was a DE just whipping a OT and beating the QB to his drop. 

The tackleing was much, much improved.  It seemed the defensive guys hit the ball carrier and stuck. 

• 2 weeks later...

One thing is that we had a DE who split double teams like an NFLer and good pressure from the D line. It looked more like good D play than poor blocking to me.

I was at the game yesterday so thought I would give a few of my observations

1.) Kiehl Frazier looks so much more comfortable and more polished than last year. Not sure why they haven't made it official yet but it was easy to see Frazier was the best

2.) Still concerned with OL. It appears Mack and Westerman haven't proved yet they are ready to play to Grimes. I would prefer to have Slade at RT as I believe he is a much better tackle than guard. Will be interesting to see if any of these freshman coming in challenge and who makes a move over the summer. Miller impressed me for just being a freshman. Kid is gonna be a good anchor on the line for years to come

3.) Blakely has great vision and balance. I think we are gonna see a good mix of the 4 backs which will keep them fresh all game

4.) Emory and Trovon look ready to tear it up. Sammie Coates has a ways to go before we crown him the next big thing. He looks like a really good football player but I was severely underwhelmed with his performance. Denson on the other hand might find his way onto the field some this year

5.) Our DE depth is amazing and the speed out there is flat our ridiculous

6.) Prosch is bringing us back that physical brand of football

7.) Pike was a lot better than I expected. He of course is nowhere near ready to play but I think he has a chance to become a starter after Kiehl graduates. I will say he looked clumsy out there

8.) Good speed at LB by Frost, Holland, Bates. They also hit hard

9.) Found out absolutely nothing about he secondary. No clue how good or bad it is gonna be

10.) Aday every year get more boring. I hope one of these days Chizik splits it up into two teams and at least gives us something fun to watch. That was downright painful at times

Overall I am happy with QB, WR, and HB development. OL still needs work. I'm hoping to see some good development over the summer and they look better against Clemson. Defense looks a lot more aggressive but still couldn't get a good read on them considering half of the starters didn't play. I think this team can win 10 games this season. The Arkansas game to me is much more winnable with Petrino gone. LSU is the only team that truly has more talent than we do. Is it football season yet???

:we:

I agree it gets more boring but it's fun for the small kids to get to go out onto the field, etc.

Archived