2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

After his comments on smashmouth radio this morning I high doubt we flip him!

What was said on the show??

Kevin Scarbinsky @KevinScarbinsky

OJ Howard on Smashmouth: Reuben Foster wants him to flip to Auburn, too, but OJ told him you have to go with your heart.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again don't pay any attention to public comments, especially on a radio station inbammerham.  Re member foster was firmly committed to bammer until that day he decided to call a press conference.  Be patient let it all play out.  Not saying we def get him but we are in the hunt and have a chance.

I agree with this with one exception...when the player is publicly recruiting for the school he is committed to. Players doing that, which OJ has and is doing, typically stick with their commitment. Jameis Winston Last year is a perfect example. Although people were saying he was going to flip to Auburn or Bammer he was heavily recruiting for FSU the whole time if you read his tweets. It's one thing to say you are 100% committed, it's another thing to prove it by recruiting for your chosen school. This is why I feel OJ does not ultimately flip.

OJ Howard on Smashmouth: Reuben Foster wants him to flip to Auburn, too, but OJ told him you have to go with your heart.

That's an odd statement given that OJ apparently grew up an AU fan.

Also odd due to the fact that bammers do not have hearts. Come on OJ keep your heart and come to AU!

It's been mentioned several times that OJ's dad is upset with AU. Is that his real dad or his step dad?

This is why I do not believe he grew up a die hard fan. Maybe casual interest in AU growing up, but if you grow up living an dying with your team each week, if you have the opportunity to go to that school you do; especially not your biggest rival.

This is why I do not believe he grew up a die hard fan. Maybe casual interest in AU growing up, but if you grow up living an dying with your team each week, if you have the opportunity to go to that school you do; especially not your biggest rival.

^^^^^^^^

DITTO!

My son and OJ played little league ball together and OJ, and his family, often wore AU attire.  Perhaps it was only a shallow affection for AU...I do not know.  I do know he was a good kid and his Mom was/is a nice lady.

It's been mentioned several times that OJ's dad is upset with AU. Is that his real dad or his step dad?

his dad is a bammer. he's on bamaonline

Again I ask, which one?

Again I ask, which one?

I've heard it's the step dad.

Again I ask, which one?

I've heard it's the step dad.

Thanks. There in lies the problem.

^^^^^^^^

DITTO!

Maybe, as it should be, he's not just thinking about being a die hard fan.  He also has to think about his future.  Auburn hasn't featured tight ends in a while.  H-backs yes, but not true tight ends.  Bama, on the other hand, has.  He sees an opportunity to play in his true position and possibly go to the NFL at bama.  You can't fault him for wanting to go pro.  He didn't see that as a possibility at AU before.  Now, he might be able to with CSL's offense.  If many are right, then TE's will be featured and play a big role.  If he sees that, I think AU has just as much a shot as the turds.  I really want this guy in O&B.  He's going to be such a huge threat, and I'd love to see him get to play for the team he grew up with.  Hopefully he'll see the light  :wareagle:

:aufb:AU will feature the TE position a lot this year.  That is a huge part of CSL offense.  Especially when you have the best TE in the SEC on your team in Lutz.

:aufb:AU will feature the TE position a lot this year.  That is a huge part of CSL offense.  Especially when you have the best TE in the SEC on your team in Lutz.

Uh hummmmm ...... you mean Country don't you  ;D

What's the difference? :P

Seriously.  :we:

Touche good sir Touche.

There was an article on this a few months ago after he commited to UAT. He said his parents were big Bama fans he grew up an Auburn  fan as basically a way to spite them but then later in H.S. he wasnt that big of a fan. There was also some bit in there about feeling bad about a fumble in the game but it was hard to understand what he meant though it seemed like he was talking about feeling bad for Ingram after the strip from behind in 2010.

Archived