2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know nothing abut the situation with OJ. While I would love to have him, his comments seem like the move on and forget about it type comments.

that's not the way our coaches roll.....OJ is a very, very good kid. We'll stay in touch until he tells us to back off from here on out, IMO.

Yeah, I agree with you about the coaches. I meant move on in fans' expectations of signing him. 

I understand the coaches have a completely different set of expectations to fans.

Never underestimate our staff.......also, don't underestimate Saban's ability to piss off recruits because of his own attitude. Not saying this will happen with OJ, but that alone is enough reason for our staff to keep hanging around and just playing Mr. Nice Guy with OJ.

^^Agreed^^  :thumbsup: 

I think there are much more important gets than OJ, there is this dude named Ricky Parks already in the Family.

Gotta have some depth in there. Lutz will be gone, Brandon Fulse and Ricky Parks are not for sure things. You're right, there are probably more important needs but with his talent level and reasons above^, this is one you keep pushing for IMO.

I think there are much more important gets than OJ, there is this dude named Ricky Parks already in the Family.

You won't find a bigger fan of Ricky Parks than me........

that being said, you have to realize that TEs like Howard don't come along very often. Just so you know there hasn't been a 5* TE on Rivals in several YEARS! He is a Jimmy Graham clone and is a certain mismatch in the slot no matter who you put on him.

He must be bird's brother. They think alike.

No way his bird's brother I got rid of him along time ago.

sign-smiley-7146.gif

I'm a phoenix and rose from the ashes.

Your a phoenix alright :-\

Good effort...Timing was a little off though, it needs to be when everyone is amped up, a bit on edge.  Then you just nudge.  ;)

He's just a rookie...no doubt needs to get his timing down. 

Guest jrljr

We have ALOT of irons in other teams fires  for 2013 and I for one am stoked. Mainly happy becuz   this means we are at the recruiting pinnacle. We aren't just getting looks from guys because they see early PT but because they see something in our staff/team that screams WINNERS. Don't get me wrong, I love getting the guys from thUGAly &  little :devil:. But this class could have tremendous carryover for years to come. These kids are THE LEADERS in this class. Not just the best players. Often we have gotten a guy who was just the leader or just the best athlete sprinkled with one

or two who had aboth. The majority of thisclass

are both leaders and in the top at their position.  WDE to this taff. Things are about to get reeal!!

He could be a big WR since our coaches are looking for 1 more WR to finish out the WR class.

^^^  My thoughts exactly.....  ^^^

that being said, you have to realize that TEs like Howard don't come along very often. Just so you know there hasn't been a 5* TE on Rivals in several YEARS! He is a Jimmy Graham clone and is a certain mismatch in the slot no matter who you put on him.

I agree with you guys, we will not stop recruiting and would take his flip any time.  Ellitor mentioned WR, is that really a possibilty?  Thought I had seen many comments from him indicating he was pretty set to be a TE.  WR is a big need still in this class.  I do think we need to land a solid OG and S, as well.  We pretty much signed the top TE last year and as a recruit I would look at that.  I think Fulse will also be very good.

I agree with you guys, we will not stop recruiting and would take his flip any time.  Ellitor mentioned WR, is that really a possibilty?  Thought I had seen many comments from him indicating he was pretty set to be a TE.  WR is a big need still in this class.  I do think we need to land a solid OG and S, as well.  We pretty much signed the top TE last year and as a recruit I would look at that.  I think Fulse will also be very good.

Howard ran a 4.49 at the opening so he would certainly fit a big WR role.

Read somewhere Howard was trying to convince Satan he could lineup outside at WR. I thought that was the reason for him trying to prove his speed at the camps. His role at Autauga is very diverse, believe he would enjoy a diverse role in college. Satan's cookie cutter Offense won't allow it.

Read somewhere Howard was trying to convince Satan he could lineup outside at WR. I thought that was the reason for him trying to prove his speed at the camps. His role at Autauga is very diverse, believe he would enjoy a diverse role in college. Satan's cookie cutter Offense won't allow it.

^^^^^THIS is correct.

Howard is a flat out nightmare matchup. I really want him, do not know what our chances are, but if I am to be perfectly honest, I just as much just do not want to have to face him on another team, especially a rival. Dude will change the outcome of some games while he is in school, whoever he ends up with.

I can't compare OJ as a clone of an All Pro TE...I will say he looks the part, but Parks IMO has just as much upside, and I expect him to be that athletic TE to compliment Lutz and Fulse. Also guys Uzomah is as impressive as athlete as Howard, big fast, good hands and smart....

Saban will tell OJ he can play WR or QB or whatever he wants to hear but once he is signed he will end up where saban wants him. Just ask Brent Calloway or the many others now at D-2 schools about saban's promises.

I can't believe you guys are forgetting the biggest TE of them all Darrion Hutcherson.

I can't believe you guys are forgetting the biggest TE of them all Darrion Hutcherson.

Who is forgetting, we are discussing OJ Howard..  We are in good shape with true TE because of Hutcherson and others.

We have six TE on scholly right now.  IMO, Howard would be moved to WR. 

And be a holy Terror for Any OLB, Safety, or Nickelback.

Maybe OJ will see he would get to play with RF, he is supposedly an Auburn fan, and with the number of TEs we have on the roster he would not have to worry about whether or not he would really get to play WR if he signs with Auburn. Bama has been stocking up on WRs for a while now and we are losing our top one this year.

Hunter Henry is going to announce this week, if he picks bama you would have to think that it would help Auburn with OJ.........or am I wrong with believing this?

Hunter Henry is going to announce this week, if he picks bama you would have to think that it would help Auburn with OJ.........or am I wrong with believing this?

I don't think that will matter either way. OJ is elite and the best TE in the country, I'm sure he would be fine with them taking another TE in this class. It would no different than if he signed with us already having AJ.

Archived