2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know nothing abut the situation with OJ. While I would love to have him, his comments seem like the move on and forget about it type comments.

I know nothing abut the situation with OJ. While I would love to have him, his comments seem like the move on and forget about it type comments.

that's not the way our coaches roll.....OJ is a very, very good kid. We'll stay in touch until he tells us to back off from here on out, IMO.

that's not the way our coaches roll.....OJ is a very, very good kid. We'll stay in touch until he tells us to back off from here on out, IMO.

^^^^^^This times 1000

Yeah, I agree with you about the coaches. I meant move on in fans' expectations of signing him. 

I understand the coaches have a completely different set of expectations to fans.

Yeah, I agree with you about the coaches. I meant move on in fans' expectations of signing him. 

I understand the coaches have a completely different set of expectations to fans.

Never underestimate our staff.......also, don't underestimate Saban's ability to piss off recruits because of his own attitude. Not saying this will happen with OJ, but that alone is enough reason for our staff to keep hanging around and just playing Mr. Nice Guy with OJ.

Never underestimate our staff.......also, don't underestimate Saban's ability to piss off recruits because of his own attitude. Not saying this will happen with OJ, but that alone is enough reason for our staff to keep hanging around and just playing Mr. Nice Guy with OJ.

^^This^^

The first time A coach tried to tell me to stop my recruitment from other schools or that I couldn't visit any where else Would be the moment I told him to "suck it" and decommit  on the spot.

Your not Bird. Why are you posting this?

Your not Bird. Why are you posting this?

I said I was sorry...  I hope Bird forgives me.  I was tired of trying to decipher these Twitter messages of recruits and wanted to have a little fun.

Wannabe! :tease:

Good effort...Timing was a little off though, it needs to be when everyone is amped up, a bit on edge.  Then you just nudge.  ;)

Good effort...Timing was a little off though, it needs to be when everyone is amped up, a bit on edge.  Then you just nudge.  ;)

Oh they are on edge, they just seem to be on the wrong edge today  ;D

Good advice Bird.  I will keep it in mind next time.  ;)

Maybe it's just me, but as we see more of CSL's offense develop, I like the idea of a lot of 2 TE sets, particularly when seeing we have no backup for Prosch.  The Patriots are lighting it up with Gronk and Hernandez.  Plus, I like the fact that OJ could be perhaps a far better version of Anthony Mix...a big tall receiver with TE size but WR skills.

Recruit him as a WR, show him the love, make him the feature receiver of his class and bring him on home! 

Good advice Bird.   I will keep it in mind next time.  ;)

Ofcourse when the timing is right, Bird will beat you to it. He just seams to have it down to a science.

I think there are much more important gets than OJ, there is this dude named Ricky Parks already in the Family.

He could be a big WR since our coaches are looking for 1 more WR to finish out the WR class.

Archived