Shon Coleman

DThriftWarEagle

Everyone can praise God, but do not forget the tireless work the doctors, nurses, coaches, trainers, and Shon himself put in to over coming this disease. I'm about to join the medical field but it has always hurt me when I see people praise god for their recovery and completely ignore the work their doctors did in finding the disease, figuring out a plan for it, and attacking and over coming it. And also dont forget the engineers and chemists who created the medicine to make this possible. But enough of that, When i heard this news all i could think of was this

tumblr_ll7fdooep31qiggm3o1_500.gif

+∞

That makes two of us. Well I'm not going into medicine but I do work in health care.

:we: :we: :we:

I also work in health care. I truly believe that God endows the men and women in medicine with the gifts of intelligence, caring, and the persevering natures required to do their job well. Shon has received excellent care from St. Jude's, and they are the best cancer Drs. and nurses in the world.

I am so happy for Shon! His story is truly inspiring.

WDE Shon!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone can praise God, but do not forget the tireless work the doctors, nurses, coaches, trainers, and Shon himself put in to over coming this disease. I'm about to join the medical field but it has always hurt me when I see people praise god for their recovery and completely ignore the work their doctors did in finding the disease, figuring out a plan for it, and attacking and over coming it. And also dont forget the engineers and chemists who created the medicine to make this possible. But enough of that, When i heard this news all i could think of was this

Didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers but the part about "from whom all blessings flow" would include the doctors, nurses, etc. Didn't realize a clarification would be necessary.

That's what the money is for. Still, thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks for the link...and for the record, anyone who isn't crying like a little girl (or at the very least feeling a pull at their heartstrings) has no humanity in the first place.

Those who have faith in God believe that He empowers us/them with great ideas, intelligence, perseverance, determination and revelation, among many other things.

It is a proven medical fact that faith, prayer and positive thinking leads to a better chance of survival in critically/terminally ill patients. And when we give God glory we take into account the Doctors, Nurses and all those involved in leading to recovery of Shon and everyone else we love and know. God empowered all those involved b/c we were all created for a purpose whether it be a Dr. Lawyer, Coach, Teacher, etc.... Most Drs I know of really do not seek fame or glory, just knowing they played a critical role in the recovery of someone on the brink of death or some life altering illness is reward enough and they usually get a lot of praise from the patients and the family of those they helped heal and..... they are paid pretty good as far as I know.

Thanks for the link...and for the record, anyone who isn't crying like a little girl (or at the very least feeling a pull at their heartstrings) has no humanity in the first place.

^^^^AMEN!!

Those who have faith in God believe that He empowers us/them with great ideas, intelligence, perseverance, determination and revelation, among many other things.

It is a proven medical fact that faith, prayer and positive thinking leads to a better chance of survival in critically/terminally ill patients. And when we give God glory we take into account the Doctors, Nurses and all those involved in leading to recovery of Shon and everyone else we love and know. God empowered all those involved b/c we were all created for a purpose whether it be a Dr. Lawyer, Coach, Teacher, etc.... Most Drs I know of really do not seek fame or glory, just knowing they played a critical role in the recovery of someone on the brink of death or some life altering illness is reward enough and they usually get a lot of praise from the patients and the family of those they helped heal and..... they are paid pretty good as far as I know.

^^^^This^^^^^

To be honest, I didn't relly think Shon would get back to the playing field. It just goes to show just how awsome our God is. Whether he ever plays a snap or not, I am so proud of him and may God bless him for his stick-to-it-tiveness. I'm not sure I spelled that correctly, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't. War Eagle Shon.

Guest shirley4au9

"It has always hurt me when I see people praise god (God) for their recovery and completely ignore the work their doctors did in finding the the disease, figuring out a plan for it, and attacking and overcoming it."

My daughter has been critically ill since 2003. She was blessed to receive a kidney from her best friend October 2010..Doctors at UAB had rejected 2x the petition for a transplant because of a chronic disease. We are a faith driven family and surround ourselves with same. I respect everyone in the medical field, pharmaceuticals.. We could never thank the nurses, nurse practitioners and doctors enough for their care of our daughter. At the end of the day, I thank God for directing their path. My faith doesn't depend on man, it relies on the one and only Great Physician. These are my beliefs, you are certainly entitled to yours. God bless!

+∞

That makes two of us. Well I'm not going into medicine but I do work in health care.

:we: :we: :we:

:thumbsup:

3 of us.

Geeze people, it's not like I condemned god. I merely pointed out that I felt like the people in the medicinal field weren't getting their proper respect and everyone is just chalking this up as another win for the big man. All I said was you can praise god, just don't forget.... Etc etc. I am admittedly non religious. I'm not here to say who's right and who is wrong, this isn't the place nor do I have the ability. All I wanted to do was draw some attention to the people who were putting in the time and effort to help shon. War eagle everyone

Geeze people, it's not like I condemned god. I merely pointed out that I felt like the people in the medicinal field weren't getting their proper respect and everyone is just chalking this up as another win for the big man. All I said was you can praise god, just don't forget.... Etc etc. I am admittedly non religious. I'm not here to say who's right and who is wrong, this isn't the place nor do I have the ability. All I wanted to do was draw some attention to the people who were putting in the time and effort to help shon. War eagle everyone

I think everyone appreciates your point of view, and the point of this thread, which is to celebrate Shon Coleman being able to play football again.

I'm just thankful that Shon is getting the chance to play. There are a lot of kids out there who we don't get to hear about that get injured, and unfortunately, don't get the opportunity to play again, whether it be football or some other sport. Thankful is the word at the front my mind right now.

Right there with you, bud. Regardless of what may or may not have been going on upstairs, the work the foot soldiers down here put in is undeniable, and they definitely deserve their due.  Shon himself definitely deserves a ton of credit as well. He wasn't merely the lucky benefactor of external benevolence be it from doctors, God, or otherwise. He and his perseverance are as much responsible for his recovery as anything or anyone else.

I saw a video interview with Shon yesterday and I've got to say this guy has the "it" factor.  Some think he will never play a down...I think otherwise.  He will be a major contributor and soon.  Dude is at 295 Yox pounds...that equals granite!

As an Auburn grad, fomer AU athlete and an Auburn Man, I am proud to have Shon as a member of the Auburn Family!  War Eagle Shon!

• 2 months later...

Obviously his body changed while he fought off cancer.  I wonder if he is being considered for any other positions besides OL.  He looks pretty cut and lean in that picture.

Wow. The dude is ripped.

I actually feel a bit sad for the opposing DL. Wait..no I don't.. :thumbsup:

Archived