Scrimmage notes

bootskii

Joel Erickson, WarEagleExtra.com

"Corey Grant and Tre Mason score, Clint Moseley and Zeke Pike toss touchdown passes and the running game struggles early"

http://www.wareagleextra.com/2012/04/07/scrimmage-notes-auburns-running-game-still-a-work-in-progress/

"Scrimmage notes: Clint Moseley says injury has him behind, Auburn’s running backs need to run more north-south"

http://www.wareagleextra.com/2012/04/07/scrimmage-notes-clint-moseley-says-injury-has-him-behind-auburns-running-backs-need-to-run-more-north-south-and-greg-robinsons-been-going-against-the-best/

Mike Szvetitz, OANews

"NOTES: Moseley says shoulder 'getting better,' throws TD pass in scrimmage"

http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/aublog/2012/apr/07/notes-moseley-says-shoulder-getting-better-throws--ar-3563291/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He already chimed in

True, missed that.. But only one sentence.. Tell us more Dad... Anxious fans want to know.. ! :)

I'm in Branson MO. with my boys Jed and David so I've been waiting on info just like y'all.

Jeff Holland sent me updates.

KF= Fastest five step drop ever, are these videos in FF? Very impressive looking.

Its amazing what a jump rope will do...boxers been doing it since 1901...forgotten piece of training equipment that's as good for footwork and endurance as there is.  ;D

KF= Fastest five step drop ever, are these videos in FF? Very impressive looking.

Its amazing what a jump rope will do...boxers been doing it since 1901...forgotten piece of training equipment that's as good for footwork and endurance as there is.  ;D

:thumbsup:

If it's not bench press, it's cr*p! Said with a Scottish accent, of course.

;)

Why can't I play al.com videos on my iPad? Does anyone else have this problem?

:pcprobs:

WDE

Don't work for Safari! Don't know why, i haven't investigated the matter. I have to switch up to IE when I want to watch something on al.com

It's not just iPad, they won't play on my Evo either. Al.com is pretty much the only site that I can't watch videos on my phone.

WDE

Works fine on my mac's Safari...

Don't work for Safari! Don't know why, i haven't investigated the matter. I have to switch up to IE when I want to watch something on al.com

From watching highlights it also looks like KF has so much more ball velocity compares to Clint and Zeke. His mechanics also look pretty sharp.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I've been really impressed with the bits I've seen. Between Kiehl's natural abilities and Coach Loeffler's tutoring, I think Kiehl is going to develop into an amazing QB over the next couple of years.

WDE

Your problem is not your browser, it is the fact that al.com uses Flash for its videos. Since the IPad does not support Flash (really Apple itself does not), you will not be able to view Flash Videos.

You can do what is known as a jailbreak for the IPad and install Flash. However, I think this will void your IPad warranty. The open source world is working on Gnash for IPads (an open source alternative to the Flash Runtime), but it is not ready to the best of my knowledge. Gnash is available for OS X.

This kind of stuff is exactly why I use Open Source OSes on all my computer, devices, and servers. Proprietary= lock in and I refuse to pay for something that says "My way or the highway".

Don't get my wrong I like the Apple OS (based off BSD Unix), but I do not like the proprietary vendors attitude. If you want to see why Flash is not supported by Apple, do a Google search. It is a well known issue.

From watching highlights it also looks like KF has so much more ball velocity compares to Clint and Zeke. His mechanics also look pretty sharp.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I've been really impressed with the bits I've seen. Between Kiehl's natural abilities and Coach Loeffler's tutoring, I think Kiehl is going to develop into an amazing QB over the next couple of years.

KF has excellent quick footwork and a tight throwing motion, giving him a delivery where the ball seems to pop out of his hand.  If I were to use one word to describe him as a QB, I think that word would be "smooth".

I did notice that his timing for the delivery on a couple routes was just a "split" second slow but that will fall into place with enough repetitions and working with each receiver. Repetitions will increase the speed of his scan. It will be the difference on short to medium patterns between the receiver coming open and then taking 1 step vs 2 steps as the ball is there. Once he fine tunes all his reads and the timing with each receiver, with his "smoothness", KF is going to be something. 

Those having issues just need to get Firefox for Mac.  Or whatever you're using.  It's better than Safari anyways. 

Firefox is better than Explorer on a PC too. That is all I use and never have a single problem.

Robin, what's the one thing more than any other that you've seen the most improvement out of your son?

Whose #47 on the practice video on al.com. He is playing lb in the video and he looks pretty quick imo.

Also what is the deal with Chris Landrum? Is he still having problems with his broken ankle because White had passed him as the 2nd team MLB and it seems like he is having problems locking down the 2nd team position with his competition being a walkon in Ashton Richardson.

There are a lot of players wearing different numbers. I think it has to do with them being washed/repaired on certain days. Ladarious Owens was wearing 50 and Blackson was wearing 55 yesterday. I wouldn't read anything into it.

Whose #47 on the practice video on al.com. He is playing lb in the video and he looks pretty quick imo.

Also what is the deal with Chris Landrum? Is he still having problems with his broken ankle because White had passed him as the 2nd team MLB and it seems like he is having problems locking down the 2nd team position with his competition being a walkon in Ashton Richardson.

He's just a redshirt freshman. I'd say that White didn't necessarily "pass" him because I believe he was already ahead of him because this would have been his third year in the program.

Also, keep in mind that the walk-on that Landrum is competing against is a senior. Landrum will be fine in one more year.

Baring an injury or complete meltdown KF will be the starter on opening day. Don't be surprised if Grant isn't the #1 RB or at least 1B. I  believe OM will be the starter because of his hard work and time with the program, but Grant will get more than his fair share of carriers. Javon will be redshirted unless there is an early injury.

Archived