LP gives up football

Les81

Any reason why? I know its none of our business but just curious...wish him the best

Prosch?

Has he been cleared to play this year?

(Sorry, I've been out of pocket for the past couple of weeks, so I'm behind on most AU football news.)

That's the scary thing!!!  Prosch hasn't been cleared yet, per Coach Chizik in his post-scrimmage comments.  If Prosch doesn't get cleared (which would be absolute crap), then we have a huge problem.  Uzomah and Fulse are playing physical enough right now (again, Coach Chizik's words from this weekend) to play FB in the SEC.  I certainly do not want to see Lutz having to spend all season blocking again!!!  

I trust the coaches to put us in the best position to win, but I wouldn't mind hearing that Prosch is cleared to play, and that one of the TE's not named Lutz steps up into the back-up FB role.

War Eagle!

1st best of luck to LP.  That being said, I read elsewhere that the coaches were very unhappy with LP's effort in the offseason and hadn't allowed him to practice this spring.  I think Blake Burgess had moved ahead of him on the depth chart as well.

wde

That sounds strange to me.  How can the coaches be unhappy with his effort if they don't give him the chance to practice with the team?  Where else do you evaluate efforts if it's not during practice?  Where they unhappy with his efforts in the classroom?  :dunno:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What they do in the offseason determines their practice chances

If Prosch isn't cleared, we would probably run ACE formation alot more utilizing 2 TE's on the field for better blocking. But let's hope and pray he IS cleared, because I really want to see him lay the wood to some opposing defenses!

It's almost a foregone conclusion that he will be cleared.

If Prosch doesn't get the waiver we are screwed. I hope the NCAA doesn't shaft us on this one.

Is there a similar case with another player anywhere else that didn't get a waiver?  

I'm just curious what the NCAA's history is on this sort of thing.

Sorry to hear this, but best of luck to him. He really created a lot of excitement during his commitment, but like some stars out of HS do, they never seem to pan out.

Will be interesting to find out who backs up Prosch.

LP had a big cheering section on the AU blogs but he just never got with the program.    IMO, he will go down in history as the last 2* recruit signed by AU.  He had a chance to stake out a position on the team when the talent pool was shallow two years ago but did not take advantage.  He had no chance this year.

I find no personal fault in him for not making the football team but I hope he does not also blow the academic opportunity his scholarship provided him.  O for 2 would show a serious lack of judgment.

1st best of luck to LP.  That being said, I read elsewhere that the coaches were very unhappy with LP's effort in the offseason and hadn't allowed him to practice this spring.  I think Blake Burgess had moved ahead of him on the depth chart as well.

wde

That sounds strange to me.  How can the coaches be unhappy with his effort if they don't give him the chance to practice with the team?  Where else do you evaluate efforts if it's not during practice?  Where they unhappy with his efforts in the classroom?  :dunno:

He was dogging it during winter workouts prior to spring training like he basically has been dogging it since he has been at AU.  The coaches called on him/needed him in 2011 to come through and he did not due to lack of work ethic.  That continued into this off season.  He is now no longer a member of the team and the team is better because of it.

wde

And the 2013 signing class continues to grow...

Does anyone have a good idea on how many spots we have for 2013 as of TODAY?

+2 to start (85-83) +12 Seniors +1 Bonomolo +1 Phillips= 16-ish

Bonomolo would have been a senior anyway. His departure does not add a scholarship.

Bonomolo is already subtracted out of the Senior category to get the 12 number (instead of 13), then his scholly is added back in separately, by name, along with Phillips.

wde

He was dogging it during winter workouts prior to spring training like he basically has been dogging it since he has been at AU.  The coaches called on him/needed him in 2011 to come through and he did not due to lack of work ethic.  That continued into this off season.  He is now no longer a member of the team and the team is better because of it.

* I think the "unhappy with effort in the offseason" had a lot to do with him losing only 1 lb. My understanding is that he was given a weight to get down to and it seemed like little to no effort was made.

And the 2013 signing class continues to grow...

Does anyone have a good idea on how many spots we have for 2013 as of TODAY?

+2 to start (85-83) +12 Seniors +1 Bonomolo +1 Phillips= 16-ish

+Any juniors who go pro and more attrition. I bet we sign 19-22, selectively.

It could definitely happen. The 2 Juniors that come to mind as having the best chance of possibly going pro if they wanted are Lemonier and Clark. There are a couple others on the defense that might have a chance depending on the year they have in the BVG system. The other attrition between now and '13 is anyone's guess.   

if memory serves, LP was offered the scholarship moments after one Jay Prosch committed to Illinois.  Jay's call didn't come from AU until signing day as well.  through conversations with him, as much as I wanted him at AU, I had nothing but full admiration for a guy that was loyal to the team/coach that believed and offered him early on in the process.  It's just a funny twist of fate that he winds up here after all, and is once again a choice above LP.

I hope the very best for LP in his future, as I always love to see the small school/town kid get a shot.  I hope he gets his head together and places that focus on finishing his education and becoming successful in life.

As for Mr. Prosch................ please get the waiver!  I've waited too long to see him in orange and blue!

WDE!

if memory serves, LP was offered the scholarship moments after one Jay Prosch committed to Illinois.  Jay's call didn't come from AU until signing day as well.  through conversations with him, as much as I wanted him at AU, I had nothing but full admiration for a guy that was loyal to the team/coach that believed and offered him early on in the process.  It's just a funny twist of fate that he winds up here after all, and is once again a choice above LP.

I hope the very best for LP in his future, as I always love to see the small school/town kid get a shot.  I hope he gets his head together and places that focus on finishing his education and becoming successful in life.

As for Mr. Prosch................ please get the waiver!  I've waited too long to see him in orange and blue!

WDE!

Well you know he has been in O & B ever since he left UMS-Wright, ;)

Just for the sake of argument on a slow day:

1.  Does this mean we "processed" LP to make room to sign better players?

2. What if we had given LP a 4 year scholarship?

I am not casting stones, just throwing out something to talk about on a slow day.

Just for the sake of argument on a slow day:

1.  Does this mean we "processed" LP to make room to sign better players?

2. What if we had given LP a 4 year scholarship?

I am not casting stones, just throwing out something to talk about on a slow day.

i'll bite ...

1. no, i dont think he was processed.  i assume he was away from football for personal issues ... which were his weight.  i would guess the coaches said, son you can be a fourth string DL at 295 or a 2nd string FB at 270.  regardless, you need to decide if you want to put in the effort we expect in order to play auburn football.  if not, then you must not want to play.  the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.  he didnt do the work in the weigh room that it would take to play auburn football and his actions mean he doesnt want to play or he came back and told the coaches he did not have it in him to put that level of work in.  quite honestly, i dont begrudge him either way.

2. it is a voluntary activity with a certain level of requirements to be on scholarship.  one of which is surely to put in a certain level of conditioning to safely be able to play the game at your position.  if you dont then you dont get to stay on scholly.  i like extreme examples.  what if he ate twinkys and did not put in a single second of training ... he aint working and does not deserve the scholly.  the scholly is a 2-way street.  his inability to lose weight (assuming that was the issue) has clearly stated his lack of desire to meet the scholly requirements.  1 year or 4 year scholly makes no difference.

WDE!

Not left up to Mr. Prosch. If it were there would be no doubt he will be playing this year..

WDE!

Well you know he has been in O & B ever since he left UMS-Wright, ;)

you're right.  perhaps i should've said "I can't wait to see him in OUR orange and blue"  :-)

Archived