LP gives up football

Les81

Look out when you here these stories of legendary status before a snap of college football. Hate it for the kid because he most likely lost a scholarship.

You mean he "gave up" a scholarship, right?  Coach said it was LP's decision to give up football......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the 2013 signing class continues to grow...

Does anyone have a good idea on how many spots we have for 2013 as of TODAY?

+2 to start (85-83) +12 Seniors +1 Bonomolo +1 Phillips= 16-ish

Any reason why? I know its none of our business but just curious...wish him the best

Prosch?

Any reason why? I know its none of our business but just curious...wish him the best

Prosch?

Has he been cleared to play this year?

(Sorry, I've been out of pocket for the past couple of weeks, so I'm behind on most AU football news.)

Bonomolo would have been a senior anyway. His departure does not add a scholarship.

Thanks IronMan.

i applaud the coaches for giving LP a shot.  very big, very good athlete.  our level of team athlete/player has gone up dramatically in the last 2-3 years.  it just did not work out.  same for bono.  great athlete, sec football just did not work out.  happens every year on every team.  quite frankly, him bowing out lets the coaches know what they have to work with.

btw, most nfl teams don't use a FB on every play.  if lefty is going to run the O like an nfl O, then prosch will only be in the game - what? half the O snaps? - i think in theory, a backup is not required ... except for injury.  if that were to happen, i would think the talent drop off from him to one of our TE/robinson would be a pretty big step ... might be better at that point to just simply not play with a FB.

also, i think humphries could be utilized as a FB in a limited role, as well as the 255 pound version of burgess.

Best of luck to the kid.  Hopefully he can find a smaller school that will cover the costs of a college education.

The good news for AU - the DITR days are OVER!!!

+Any juniors who go pro and more attrition. I bet we sign 19-22, selectively.

The only reason I mentioned Robinson as a possibility is because of his size, and the fact that the RB position is 4 deep at the moment. He either gets red-shirted or he can contribute some at FB. Does anyone not remember Ronnie Brown playing FB some???

The only reason I mentioned Robinson as a possibility is because of his size, and the fact that the RB position is 4 deep at the moment. He either gets red-shirted or he can contribute some at FB. Does anyone not remember Ronnie Brown playing FB some???

I understand why you mentioned Robinson. I honestly think they would just mix in Lutz, Fulse, and Uzomah is need be at FB.

I saw something on here or one of the boards that a fullback from Wetumpka or one of the Elmore Cty. schools was going to Auburn as an invited walkon.  Have no idea if that kid could help this year or not.

Yeah you're probably right, I just hate using TE's as FB's. But you deal with the talent you have, and if that's our best option then so be it.

NOOOOO!!!!!

AW MAN!!

This was going to be his breakout season.

Why? Why? Why?

LP reconsider!!

I want to see the back flip after a TD.

I still believe!!

Nooooo........

:'(

Best of luck.

Finish school.

Look out when you here these stories of legendary status before a snap of college football.

...except when speaking of the man, the myth, the legend that is Wade Christopher!!!  :tease:

i applaud the coaches for giving LP a shot.  very big, very good athlete.  our level of team athlete/player has gone up dramatically in the last 2-3 years.  it just did not work out.  same for bono.  great athlete, sec football just did not work out.  happens every year on every team.  quite frankly, him bowing out lets the coaches know what they have to work with.

btw, most nfl teams don't use a FB on every play.  if lefty is going to run the O like an nfl O, then prosch will only be in the game - what? half the O snaps? - i think in theory, a backup is not required ... except for injury.  if that were to happen, i would think the talent drop off from him to one of our TE/robinson would be a pretty big step ... might be better at that point to just simply not play with a FB.

also, i think humphries could be utilized as a FB in a limited role, as well as the 255 pound version of burgess.

I believe Humphries has moved on.  My immediate thought was Burgess.  I think he would be more physical than Fulse or Uzomah but don't know if he has the footspeed. With Parks and Hutcheson coming in summer Burgess probably wouldn't take a snap at TE in the Fall unless it was a short yardage situation with 2 or 3 TEs.  BB would do anything for Auburn.  Doubt if JR would be real happy about FB role.  Will be interesting to see what developes.  Sure hope JP doesn't get hurt.

I believe Humphries has moved on.  My immediate thought was Burgess.  I think he would be more physical than Fulse or Uzomah but don't know if he has the footspeed. With Parks and Hutcheson coming in summer Burgess probably wouldn't take a snap at TE in the Fall unless it was a short yardage situation with 2 or 3 TEs.  BB would do anything for Auburn.  Doubt if JR would be real happy about FB role.  Will be interesting to see what developes.  Sure hope JP doesn't get hurt.

Truer words could not be said. He would do anything for Auburn

Prosch?

(Sorry, I've been out of pocket for the past couple of weeks, so I'm behind on most AU football news.)

That's the scary thing!!!  Prosch hasn't been cleared yet, per Coach Chizik in his post-scrimmage comments.  If Prosch doesn't get cleared (which would be absolute crap), then we have a huge problem.  Uzomah and Fulse are not playing physical enough right now (again, Coach Chizik's words from this weekend) to play FB in the SEC.  I certainly do not want to see Lutz having to spend all season blocking again!!!  

I trust the coaches to put us in the best position to win, but I wouldn't mind hearing that Prosch is cleared to play, and that one of the TE's not named Lutz steps up into the back-up FB role.

War Eagle!

Prosch?

That's the scary thing!!!  Prosch hasn't been cleared yet, per Coach Chizik in his post-scrimmage comments.  If Prosch doesn't get cleared (which would be absolute crap), then we have a huge problem.  Uzomah and Fulse are playing physical enough right now (again, Coach Chizik's words from this weekend) to play FB in the SEC.  I certainly do not want to see Lutz having to spend all season blocking again!!!  

I trust the coaches to put us in the best position to win, but I wouldn't mind hearing that Prosch is cleared to play, and that one of the TE's not named Lutz steps up into the back-up FB role.

War Eagle!

1st best of luck to LP.  That being said, I read elsewhere that the coaches were very unhappy with LP's effort in the offseason and hadn't allowed him to practice this spring.  I think Blake Burgess had moved ahead of him on the depth chart as well.

wde

If Prosch isn't cleared, we would probably run ACE formation alot more utilizing 2 TE's on the field for better blocking. But let's hope and pray he IS cleared, because I really want to see him lay the wood to some opposing defenses!

Archived