Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you are an offensive genius, you get a job in the NFL. When you get a job in the NFL, you lose games. When you lose games, you take a job at Arkansas. When you live in Arkansas, you get bored. When you get bored, you go looking for strange. When you go looking for strange, you find strange. When you find strange, you take it for a ride on your motorcycle. When you take strange for a ride on your motorcycle, she reaches around and grabs your junk. When she grabs your junk, you wreck your motorcycle. When you wreck your motorcycle, you end up at a press conference in a neck brace. Don't end up at a press conference in a neck brace...switch from cable and upgrade to DirecTV.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbsup: Post of the year! :thumbsup:

LoL thanks stripe

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I fail to understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this Petrino thing.  :dunno: Stranger things have happened.  Like in the county I live in.  One of our public servants, a sheriff, I believe, was out for a drive in his car when he ran off the road and hit a tree.  A naked woman fell out of the tree and landed smack dab in his passenger seat.  And he didn't even drive a convertible. No lie.

I fail to understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this Petrino thing.   :dunno: Stranger things have happened.  Like in the county I live in.  One of our public servants, a sheriff, I believe, was out for a drive in his car when he ran off the road and hit a tree.  A naked woman fell out of the tree and landed smack dab in his passenger seat.  And he didn't even drive a convertible. No lie.

If you had said the sheriff coached a top 10 pee wee league team you would have had me fooled.  :partey:

Can't believe I've read 10 pages on this thread and not one mention of the girl being a plant by the REC  :laugh:

I have to say after wandering over to the hog boards, that it couldn't have happened to a ruder bunch of pigs. I had no clue how much Arkansas fans hate Auburn. It was almost as bad as a bama board.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I fail to understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this Petrino thing.   :dunno: Stranger things have happened.  Like in the county I live in.  One of our public servants, a sheriff, I believe, was out for a drive in his car when he ran off the road and hit a tree.  A naked woman fell out of the tree and landed smack dab in his passenger seat.  And he didn't even drive a convertible. No lie.

If you had said the sheriff coached a top 10 pee wee league team you would have had me fooled.   :partey:

I don't know if he coached little league or not.  It's possible.  :laugh:

You guys are actually right about the whole if they can prove that the relationship predates the hire, Petrino is toast, which is a very bad thing for Arkansas. As much respect as I have for Tommy Tuberville, I think he is past his prime. Also, he's an Arkansas man born and raised, so if they hire him, then it is likely he will retire there whenever he decides to retire. The biggest problem there is that another Arkansas guy is just a few years away from having the head coaching experience necessary to take over the Arkansas job, and not only does he have an extremely hot name in college football, he has a devoted following within the state, and he has an extremely gifted football mind.

IMO, if Petrino doesn't survive, either it gets dragged out long enough that they can justify making the OC or DC an interim and determining to look for a coach next offseason (which might be enough time for them to decide they like what they see out of Malzahn), or they hire a good character candidate who will keep the program from dropping too low while Gus breaks in his wings at ASU. :dunno:

You seem surprised...   :tease:

LOL, not surprised as much as I just hadn't thought about it that way. If it weren't for that little tidbit, I don't think there's a chance that Petrino gets fired because I think the PTB at Arkansas wanted him to stick around for another 2-3 years while Gus got his mojo up.

I have to say after wandering over to the hog boards, that it couldn't have happened to a ruder bunch of pigs. I had no clue how much Arkansas fans hate Auburn. It was almost as bad as a bama board.

It will be our turn again one day.That I'm sure of.

Late last week as more information became available, many sports writers / commentators wrote columns / made comments calling for Petrino's head. It reminded me so much of 2010 when they were crucifying Cam, calling for his removal and doing their best to destroy Auburn. We all know how that turned out.

I hope that, whatever decision The University of Arkansas and the AD makes, it is done with the well fare and best interests of the institution, the SEC and the people involved in mind rather than what a segment of the National sports media thinks should be done.

I hope, when all is said and done, someone calls these writers / commentators hand and holds them accountable for their words and actions. What ever happened to reporting the news? When did the First amendment and Freedom of the Press give reporters the right to be the judge and the Jury??? "Something ain't right" ...

The University of Arkansas, the athletic department, their recruiting, and most importantly many peoples' lives has been damaged. However, it is their house so let them put it back in order in the best way that they see fit.

Mods, feel free to move if this is not the appropriate board to post it on. Thanks.

Have a great Monday everyone. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

The posts on Tigerdroppings about all of this is truly hilarious!

Late last week as more information became available, many sports writers / commentators wrote columns / made comments calling for Petrino's head. It reminded me so much of 2010 when they were crucifying Cam, calling for his removal and doing their best to destroy Auburn. We all know how that turned out.

I hope that, whatever decision The University of Arkansas and the AD makes, it is done with the well fare and best interests of the institution, the SEC and the people involved in mind rather than what a segment of the National sports media thinks should be done.

I hope, when all is said and done, someone calls these writers / commentators hand and holds them accountable for their words and actions. What ever happened to reporting the news? When did the First amendment and Freedom of the Press give reporters the right to be the judge and the Jury??? "Something ain't right" ...

The University of Arkansas, the athletic department, their recruiting, and most importantly many peoples' lives has been damaged. However, it is their house so let them put it back in order in the best way that they see fit.

Mods, feel free to move if this is not the appropriate board to post it on. Thanks.

In the Cam Newton/Auburn case, they were reporting lies as if they were the truth and were being fed those lies by people who were trying to damage Cam Newton and Auburn in whatever dishonest and immoral way they could come up with.  Originally by a couple of butt-hurt rival coaches and later by some covert organizations that are associated with other rival programs.  Some were so brazen with it that they started web sites that operated like terrorists cells.  Even lying  scum like Scott Moore and Danny Sheridan got in on the act.

In Petrino's case, he got caught lying and trying to cover up an affair and has admitted such.  I don't think anything has been made up about what happened... has it?

True - the hatred & viritrol they spew about Auburn, our coaches and players is shocking.  You'd be hard pressed to find another program they hate worse than us.

True - the hatred & viritrol they spew about Auburn, our coaches and players is shocking.  You'd be hard pressed to find another program they hate worse than us.

We do take majority of the best players from the state and the best coaches...

I think that he's gone, it's just a matter of time. I think Patrino made his own hanging noose. Arky is probably inches from pushing him over the side of the cliff.

This close to Season starting, I don't see them hiring a new HC just yet, but going through the season with the current interim and staff. This gives Gus a year as HC at Arky St. It also gives Arky a year to watch Gus and to see how the interim HC works out. As soon as the season is over look for Arky to make a new hire. wither it's Gus, the interim, or someone completely different we will have to wait and see. I don't see Tubbs anywhere on Arky's radar.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7786808/bobby-petrino-passenger-jessica-dorrell-safe-mode-friend-says

wow after watching the video from the link above all I have to say people in Arkansas are delusional. How can you say this is a separate incident from football. He lied to his boss about his passenger. That can't be separate from his personal life. To me a person with that high of a profile, like he has, your work life and personal life do get mixed together. Also where did they find these people they interviewed? They looked almost as redneck as Bama fans.

I think that he's gone, it's just a matter of time. I think Patrino made his own hanging noose. Arky is probably inches from pushing him over the side of the cliff.

This close to Season starting, I don't see them hiring a new HC just yet, but going through the season with the current interim and staff. This gives Gus a year as HC at Arky St. It also gives Arky a year to watch Gus and to see how the interim HC works out. As soon as the season is over look for Arky to make a new hire. wither it's Gus, the interim, or someone completely different we will have to wait and see. I don't see Tubbs anywhere on Arky's radar.

From what arkie people are saying on hog boards.....they don't want Gus on their staff ever again.....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7786808/bobby-petrino-passenger-jessica-dorrell-safe-mode-friend-says

wow after watching the video from the link above all I have to say people in Arkansas are delusional. How can you say this is a separate incident from football. He lied to his boss about his passenger. That can't be separate from his personal life. To me a person with that high of a profile, like he has, your work life and personal life do get mixed together. Also where did they find these people they interviewed? They looked almost as redneck as Bama fans.

Watch him smile to the hog fans and cameras as he lies through his teeth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQrzsuwtnwI

In the Cam Newton/Auburn case, they were reporting lies as if they were the truth and were being fed those lies by people who were trying to damage Cam Newton and Auburn in whatever dishonest and immoral way they could come up with.  Originally by a couple of butt-hurt rival coaches and later by some covert organizations that are associated with other rival programs.  Some were so brazen with it that they started web sites that operated like terrorists cells.  Even lying  scum like Scott Moore and Danny Sheridan got in on the act.

In Petrino's case, he got caught lying and trying to cover up an affair and has admitted such.  I don't think anything has been made up about what happened... has it?

No, to my knowledge nothing has been made up about what happened. What I have a problem with is the media calling for heads to roll (which they did in Cam's case) and trying to influence the decisions regarding the outcome of an institution's investigation. I have a real problem when the media starts calling for someone's firing when it is none of their concern what-so-ever. I have my opinions as well as to what actions should be taken ... but that is  The University of Arkansas' decision. Not mine or the Medias. This affects recruiting as well as the public's perception of both the SEC and the University. If a coach, a trustee or an AD from another school called for Petrinos removal, do you not think there would be consequences for them???? For the media to print anything other than the facts (especially their opinions) is overstepping their bounds.

From what arkie people are saying on hog boards.....they don't want Gus on their staff ever again.....

Hmm, interesting. I have some friends from Arkansas who were talking about how they wanted Gus to be the man to take over whenever Petrino left, and this was during the 2010 season while Arkansas was having a pretty good year. They seemed convinced he would move on relatively shortly, and Gus was their first choice. A couple of them said they wished Gus had been named head coach following the debacle between him and Nutt, even though he was only a year removed from coaching in high school.

So to hear that the Hogs are not so keen on him rejoining their staff is interesting to me. Maybe some just have sour grapes?

Two important things to consider.

One if Arky made a move for Malzahn this season, they would look just as bad if they were to keep Petrino. They really can not afford to keep Petrino, and they sure don't want to compound their existing problem, by crippling another school in their own State.

Two, Since this investigation, review will take a few weeks, they are almost certainly going to go through the upcoming season with an Interim Coach at the helm, sort of like North Carolina did. They could tell him it's an interview, to help insure that he really gives it his all. In this case we have Taver Johnson, the named interim at this time.

All of this is conjecture of course, and not really a fun subject.

Unlike other cases, this investigation shouldn't take very long since Pretrino has already admitted to everything. The key word is "shouldn't". Petrino has several problems on this, but I think his biggest problem is that he used State funds to hire his mistress. I just don't see how Arky can keep from making a move on this.

You're right in identifying the biggest problem. If Petrino's inappropriate relationship predated Dorrell's hiring, then he's done. No questions asked. To this point though, the timing on all of that is still a bit fuzzy. He admitted to the relationship, but hasn't indicated how long it had been going on. In all likelihood, it did predate her hiring; but for the Athletic Department, it's all a matter of dotting their i's and crossing their t's. They'll make sure they have the proof the need to fire both of them without setting themselves up for a lawsuit before they make any make any move.

That COULD BE the only reason HE WOULD BE DISMISSED. This can be seen as an abuse not only of his position, but also a public trust/funds issue.

The irony of all this is, If Petrino was going to lie, is for him to say that Jessica was riding on the back with him, because she wanted to go on a motorcycle ride.

Although some question might have arisen, it is perfectly normal to give a female friend a bike ride. I have certainly done this myself. Nothing outside friendship, they just wanted to take a ride on a motorcycle.

If he had said this up front, then his job would have been safe.

I too have gotten a very strong anti AU vibe  on Arky boards for sometime.

Reading between the lines, there are a  lot of references related to 2010 over there.

It maybe  somewhat related to Bobby 's time here , recruits from Arky too,

but probably more to do with the epic game they lost  @ JH in 2010. 

It does seem kind of ridiculous.

They've been successful against us of late .

They do have a rep of being delusional  / fixated but I have little first hand experience besides

some game day conversations and the ones I met were OK.

In honesty, I still haven't gotten used to them being in SEC, but that is just me.

Oh well, little piggies, what can you say?

Archived