Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

A strangely similar incident occurred on the staff ( no pun :-\) of a certain western state politician that shall remain nameless. It turned out the female employee's husband had full knowledge of and encouraged the situation in order to further both of their careers. It ended the political careers of everyone involved. Behind closed doors, we have no idea what really transpired. IMO, if Arky has any sense at all, they will end it TODAY/AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, in order to distance themselves from anymore "collateral" damage, if not, that damage is surely on its' way.

I agree, there is no good that will come out of waiting.  Fire both and make an example of them.  The only question that will remain is, how long do they wait to offer Gus?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pigs definitely in a tough spot. Petrino is one heck of a coach. If he had not messed around with an employee of the athletic department, I think he would have been fine. The fact he did however makes this a tough situation to get out of while remaining the HC at Arky. Arky can't keep the girl employed. That much is obvious. They could fire her and pay her something in a settlement (pretty sure she would file a lawsuit), but that would not be much money wise. Then keep Petrino and deal with the PR hit.

Or they can go ahead and fire Petrino and set their football program back 5-10 years and lose $10s or maybe even hundreds of millions, considering the trajectory Petrino has had them on recently.

Tough call. It is easy to see what is "morally right" here (fire Petrino and the girl). But what is the best decision for the Athletic department and school?

They will have to fire him for hiring her for her current job. They might fire her or they might have to give her a different job at the University to avoid a lawsuit. She might be the "previous affair" he mentioned and say he broke it off early this week.

They will have to fire him for hiring her for her current job. They might fire her or they might have to give her a different job at the University to avoid a lawsuit. She might be the "previous affair" he mentioned and say he broke it off early this week.

He had taken her for one last fling and broke it off so she pushed him off his bike :)

Was she steering from the back and Bobby took his eyes off the road because he thought she had things well in hand? :-X:timeout:

I agree, there is no good that will come out of waiting.  Fire both and make an example of them.  The only question that will remain is, how long do they wait to offer Gus?

Firing the girl will cause problems.

She just needs to say sCBP's position of power as her boss influenced her relationship.   Petrino and UArk have deep pockets.   This will not end well.   

It is not clear if her position with the football program was created just for her or not.  If not,  were there any other applicants that were actually qualified for coordinating on campus recruiting?   I wonder what they think.

When you are an offensive genius, you get a job in the NFL. When you get a job in the NFL, you lose games. When you lose games, you take a job at Arkansas. When you live in Arkansas, you get bored. When you get bored, you go looking for strange. When you go looking for strange, you find strange. When you find strange, you take it for a ride on your motorcycle. When you take strange for a ride on your motorcycle, she reaches around and grabs your junk. When she grabs your junk, you wreck your motorcycle. When you wreck your motorcycle, you end up at a press conference in a neck brace. Don't end up at a press conference in a neck brace...switch from cable and upgrade to DirecTV.

When you are an offensive genius, you get a job in the NFL. When you get a job in the NFL, you lose games. When you lose games, you take a job at Arkansas. When you live in Arkansas, you get bored. When you get bored, you go looking for strange. When you go looking for strange, you find strange. When you find strange, you take it for a ride on your motorcycle. When you take strange for a ride on your motorcycle, she reaches around and grabs your junk. When she grabs your junk, you wreck your motorcycle. When you wreck your motorcycle, you end up at a press conference in a neck brace. Don't end up at a press conference in a neck brace...switch from cable and upgrade to DirecTV.

This cracks me up. Ha

:

P :laugh:

:laugh:

This cracks me up. Ha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do they have cable TV in Arkansas? I thought they still had to pump sunshine to most parts of the state. :dunno:

:laugh::thumbsup:

She just needs to say sCBP's position of power as her boss influenced her relationship.   Petrino and UArk have deep pockets.   This will not end well.   

It is not clear if her position with the football program was created just for her or not.  If not,  were there any other applicants that were actually qualified for coordinating on campus recruiting?   I wonder what they think.

I think it's quite clear that the "position" was created just for her, if you pick up what I'm puttin' down.

I think it's quite clear that the "position" was created just for her, if you pick up what I'm puttin' down.

It is a difficult situation to describe wiitout some kind if inuendo.  LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbsup: Post of the year! :thumbsup:

Extremely COLD and way Funny.   :laugh:  A  Post of the year nominee.

Extremely COLD and way Funny.   :laugh:  A  Post of the year nominee.

;D

Archived