Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not certain why everyone is so upset and being disrespectful to Petrino. Calling him a rat. Grow up posters. He's not a rat. He's a razorback and doing what comes naturally! Making Bacon.

WDE

Paid administrative leave...I'm thinking Petrino is gone.  I think this paid leave is just time for the university to review his contract with attorneys to make sure that HUGE buyout does not have to be paid per violation of his morals clause.

The university is in a very precarious situation.  They really can't keep her....she is a fundraiser and this is a HUGE black eye on UA.  BUT, if they fire her for this, and don't fire Petrino, she'll sue.  How is he supposed to sit in a recruit's home and sell how he is going to make their son into an upstanding man?  He has lost ALL credibility (what little he had anyways). 

I think they are both gone.  I think they will pay her a nice severance package to keep her happy, and can him.  He does have a morals clause in his contract that he can be fired for cause for actions that negatively reflect upon the university and athletics programs.  Can't get more negative than the head football coach diddling a subordinate that he put in that position.  I think this is where his past actions will really come back to bite him in the butt.  All he had to do at Arky was wins some games (which he was doing) and keep himself in line...which is obviously IMPOSSIBLE for Bobby Petrino.

Next question is....how long will it take to get Gus to dump Arky State and call the hogs?

Augirl got it right...just giving the school time to check for escape clauses in his contract.  He's gone !

So does Chiz move up to #8 on the Athlon rating for SEC coaches?  :dunno:

Living in Atlanta, the press on Petrino has always been negative. Man, the things people in power do! The names we could add to this list. It's crazy.

As a rehash: I am sure there is a lot missing here. Feel free to add to this

1. Petrino is AU's Offensive Coordinator.

2. Petrino leaves to become HC at Louisville. He is very successful in his stay.

3. Jetgate - In an attempt to change HC's, several Auburn employees and powerful Alums, meet with Petrino to pull a power move.....moving TT from his position as HC at AU, and replacing him with Petrino. This blows up on everyone and TT remains at AU and even has an undefeated season the very next year. TT gets a big contract extension.

All this does not seem to effect Petrino at all, most likely because he knows how to coach offensive football very, very well.

4. The Atlanta Falcons hire Petrino to be HC. Petrino says less than a full season, the players do not like him, as he leaves during the season after telling Falcons owner, Blank that we would not leave.

5. Petrino leaves the Falcons and takes the HC position at Arkansas. THey have a quickly planned press conference for Petrino on his arrival and it is amazing how little Petrino knows about Arkansas during his speach. Arkansas fans are pleased with the hire though. People in Atlanta are livid.....

6. Petrino is having a very successful stint as HC at Arkansas. Despite poor defense, and mediocre recruiting classes, Petrino has Arkansas winning, and winning alot!

7. Motorcyclegate - Petrino, married with 4 kids, has a motorcycle wreck, on a bike his wife bought him. This makes the news, Petrno is in the hospital, but will recover....all is well in Arky.

8. Police report comes out. Petrino failed to mention he had a 25 year old female passenger on the bike when he wrecked. The passenger is engaged to a member of the athletic staff.

9. Petrino admits to an inappropriate relationship with the passenger.

WOW. Let's make a movie from this. Can he survive this? I will find it hard to believe ARKY can keep him.

Under different but similar circumstances, UGA fired their Athletic Director.

I guarantee the Atlanta Sports talk shows will have a field day with this today.

Looks like it's time to make a new hire and shuffle expectations for the upcoming season. No way can Arky keep him. This is a huge kick to the sack on a national news level for Arkansas. They are all but forced to fire him. He may as well start looking for a job back in the NFL because no college is going to hire him. He's done.

Quick someone get the spit, it’s time to have a hog roast.

I feel sorry for the guy; He just ruined his marriage, his relationship with his kids, his life. It's all over as he knows it. Other than that He's going to get what he deserves. When will people learn to keep their pieces in their pants?

File this under complete and utter stupidity.

Gus may have a lead into his dream job a few years before he expected. I Doubt he would turn the job down if offered. I'm sure Arky can pay his exit claus. But the question is Will Arky offer him? Or will they go after someone with more experience and Time? Or will they go with a proven head coach?

Can't see them going after Gus....someone mentioned Kirby Smart.....Good candidate but unlikely.  

My choice would be to get Mullens from MSU....much as I don't like him, he's a pretty good coach and would be able to recruit in Arky whereas in Miss, he is spltting the small amount of talent in that state with Ole Miss, Bama, LSU and Ark...plus others.

Petrino hired her as a Student-Athlete Development Coordinator.  What is a Student-Athlete Development Coordinator?  Is this some kind of made up position that allows her to spend all day around him at the taxpayers' expense?  Petrino and this woman and their moral compasses are their business.  However, if this is a case of making up a job, paid by taxpayers, to help facilitate an affair, then that is just stealing from the taxpayers in Arkansas.

I made a bet with a co-worker that Gus would have that job in 3 years and after this developement I think the scenario is being laid out for Gus to get hired. He is well respected in Ark and I am sure that had he been there they would have Dyer and maybe KF?? Dont know how much Gus played a part in their decision but its worth considering and I am sure UA thinks so.

The problem I see with hiring Gus is the record of good Offense and struggling Defense.........so unless they think BP is on too something with his winning style then Gus may not get the part. Given Gus's record of breaking records/winning NC/recruiting, they may be willing to overlook the defensive part.

Have to say I feel sorry for the university, but they had to have known he was a risk to cause some kind of problem. And if you thought BP was bad at recruiting before................what is he gonna say to recruits parents on in-home visits? At least she was hot?

dont forget louisville threatened to fire him after signing a contract extension and interviewing for the lsu job in the same week.

He also met with Notre Dame in the same place he met with AU boosters.  He met with LSU, Florida, Oakland Raiders, and the Falcons while at UL, after he signed an extension.

My thoughts are that Petrino is gone because an attempted coverup that blows up is not much different than what happened with Tressel at Ohio State in that you blew whatever chance you had of surviving.  In case you have forgotten, it seemed like it took forever to hear what happened with the accident; the attempted coverup is why it took so long to hear anything about this.  It wasn't just Petrino, it was the Arkansas people too... and they screwed it up.  In contrast, I don't know how many of you recall that Nick Saban was involved in some accident in his early days at bama but bama covered up whatever that was all about with a story that a tree suddenly fell and it was impossible to avoid it and you never heard anything else about it.

I am thankful, thankful, thankful that Auburn did not end up with Huston Nutt or Bobby Petrino as our head coach.  I think at certain points in time, both were possibilities.

There will be people at Arkansas that will see Gus Malzahn as their best option in this situation but there will also be others that will not want him.  He may end up there but it will be tricky if his coming to Arkansas is divisive.

Looks like it's time to make a new hire and shuffle expectations for the upcoming season. No way can Arky keep him. This is a huge kick to the sack on a national news level for Arkansas. They are all but forced to fire him. He may as well start looking for a job back in the NFL because no college is going to hire him. He's done.

We are talking about hog fans here.  They have no morals.  Win at all cost.  Look at their message boards.  I would say 60% of the hog fans say it is no big deal,  and if Jeff Long fires petrinis they will give up their tickets.

razorbacks,  the epitome of hypocrisy hidden behind a veil of christianity.

My thoughts are that Petrino is gone because an attempted coverup that blows up is not much different than what happened with Tressel at Ohio State in that you blew whatever chance you had of surviving.  In case you have forgotten, it seemed like it took forever to hear what happened with the accident; the attempted coverup is why it took so long to hear anything about this.  It wasn't just Petrino, it was the Arkansas people too... and they screwed it up.  In contrast, I don't know how many of you recall that Nick Saban was involved in some accident in his early days at bama but bama covered up whatever that was all about with a story that a tree suddenly fell and it was impossible to avoid it and you never heard anything else about it.

I am thankful, thankful, thankful that Auburn did not end up with Huston Nutt or Bobby Petrino as our head coach.  I think at certain points in time, both were possibilities.

There will be people at Arkansas that will see Gus Malzahn as their best option in this situation but there will also be others that will not want him.  He may end up there but it will be tricky if his coming to Arkansas is divisive.

Saban's was most likely a DUI situation that the bama police and university covered up. He was driving late at night, and ran head first into a tree with no other vehichles involved or witnesses. Kinda hard to just ram a tree head first with no one else involved late at night if you are not impaired.

As for Petrino, his story is one that happens everyday with people in power. Never surprises me anymore. Somewhat similar to Petino at Louisville. The only problem is Petrino messed up by getting involved and playing a part in hiring someone in the athletics department he was fooling around with. Can't mix business with pleasure with someone half your age that you essentially hire and not expect problems. The girl deserves a lot of blame as well. She went after a man twice as old as her that she knew was married. No excuse for that as well.

Couldn't happen to a better group of pigs.

Petrino has put them in a bind.

If they fire petrino,  do they fire the girl?  Would Dorrell sue for "sexual harrasment" if they fire her.  

If they keep sCBP  and fire Dorrell,  she would sue.

Is it possible they would not fire either,  and keep them on staff?  Doubtful.

Keeping both invites sexual harassment lawsuits.  Firing Dorrell  only does too.

What happens to the qualified applicants for the job she was given?  do they sue if Arkansas keeps Dorrell? will they sue mo matter what?  

Will Petrinis'  previous other mistresses come forward?

What else has he lied about to Jeff Long?

A strangely similar incident occurred on the staff ( no pun :-\) of a certain western state politician that shall remain nameless. It turned out the female employee's husband had full knowledge of and encouraged the situation in order to further both of their careers. It ended the political careers of everyone involved. Behind closed doors, we have no idea what really transpired. IMO, if Arky has any sense at all, they will end it TODAY/AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, in order to distance themselves from anymore "collateral" damage, if not, that damage is surely on its' way.

They finally took down the wedding page :laugh: She was getting drilled on  the guestbook for awhile. Too funny

Getting drilled???

Archived