Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

I had a bike for most of my life.  Loved to ride.  Sold it the day my first child was born.  Haven't been on one since.

6 for me. First street bike, I was 15. 3 days before my son was born I sold my last 2. It sucks but he will never see me on one. I may buy a cruiser when he leaves to start his own life. I've never had one.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard the guestbook comments were hilarious but it was taken down before I could read it... Bet ol' Bobby's had better days, huh? It's bad enough that she was with him but the cover-up is shaaaady...

I've heard the guestbook comments were hilarious but it was taken down before I could read it... Bet ol' Bobby's had better days, huh? It's bad enough that she was with him but the cover-up is shaaaady...

Some were humorous, most were filthy.

BP looks like he plowed up the highway....I'm amazed his passenger was not hurt even more severely unless perhaps she was smart enough to be wearing a helmet.  

BP was riding without a helmet.... and this guy is supposed to be smart enough to coach in college..... :dunno:

A whole new meaning to "you wanna ride on my hog"?

No. 

I'd say it still has the same meaning.

ouch, 9:45cst Press Conference... Admits a 'previous inappropriate relationship', apologies to wife/familymembers/hognation, admits he lied, placed on paid Administrative leave.

Things happen for a reason, glad he didn't make it to the plains... Good luck w that Bobby

ouch, 9:45cst Press Conference... Admits a 'previous inappropriate relationship', apologies to wife/familymembers/hognation, admits he lied, placed on paid Administrative leave.

Things happen for a reason, glad he didn't make it to the plains... Good luck w that Bobby

That was exactly what I thought when I read this.  I'm so glad that we have a man with integrity and high moral fiber as our coach. 

BP looks like he plowed up the highway....I'm amazed his passenger was not hurt even more severely unless perhaps she was smart enough to be wearing a helmet.  

BP was riding without a helmet.... and this guy is supposed to be smart enough to coach in college..... :dunno:

The accident report states both were wearing eye protection, but no helmet is mentioned for either.  Aside from the whole discussion about why they were together to begin with, they were both really stupid to be riding without helmets and really lucky that their melons didn't get cracked open! It's good to be lucky when you're stupid, but a losing strategy in the long run.  shocked.gif

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7779961/bobby-petrino-arkansas-razorbacks-placed-paid-leave-apologizes-relationship

Athletic director Jeff Long announced the decision at a late-night news conference and said he had no timeline in determining the 51-year-old Petrino's future with the Razorbacks.

"I'm at the beginning of the review. I don't know what I'm going to find," Long said.

"I hope to have a resolution soon," Long said. I certainly don't have all the answers here tonight, as we meet. But again, I have an obligation and responsibility to obtain the information and then act appropriately on that information." 

Petrino signed a new seven-year contract in December 2010, after completing his third regular season at Arkansas. The contract, which was for an average of $3.53 million annually, had a clause in it that would allow Arkansas to dismiss Petrino for "engaging in conduct, as solely determined by the university, which is clearly contrary to the character and responsibilities of a person occupying the position of head football coach or which negatively or adversely affects the reputation of the (university's) athletics programs in any way."

Sorry, Quietman had to go elsewhere for a few. Wouldn't be such a problem for him, except that the University has made a big deal out of him being the only person involved. Maybe they knew, maybe they didn't. It raises some questions though.

you couldn't have answered fast enough anyway.  I did the search as soon as I posted.

Yes, there seems to be some sort of cover up.

Seems Petrino may have  been cheetin' on the ol' lady for a while.

Petrino, "The state police report today provides an accurate description of my accident, which includes details that had not publically come to light prior to the report being issued. I regret that I have not publically acknowledged a passenger on the vehicle. I have been in constant pain, medicated and the circumstances involving the wreck have come out in bits and pieces. That said I certainly had a concern about Jessica Dorrell's name being revealed. In my press conference, I referred to her simply as ‘a lady'. My concern was to protect my family and a previous inappropriate relationship from becoming public."

WOW!

What does he mean by "previous inappropriate relationship"? 

Petrino's contract, which was for an average of $3.53 million annually, had a clause in it that would allow Arkansas to dismiss Petrino for "engaging in conduct, as solely determined by the university, which is clearly contrary to the character and responsibilities of a person occupying the position of head football coach or which negatively or adversely affects the reputation of the (university's) athletics programs in any way."

Souinds like they only have one choice.  Lets see if they act,  or if it is all pig speak.

Petrino, "The state police report today provides an accurate description of my accident, which includes details that had not publically come to light prior to the report being issued. I regret that I have not publically acknowledged a passenger on the vehicle. I have been in constant pain, medicated and the circumstances involving the wreck have come out in bits and pieces. That said I certainly had a concern about Jessica Dorrell's name being revealed. In my press conference, I referred to her simply as ‘a lady'. My concern was to protect my family and a previous inappropriate relationship from becoming public."

WOW!

Maybe she is his illegitimate daughter??????

//cue the dramatic orchestra music....DUM dum DUMMMMMMMM

So, will Gus be telling Arky State adios ?

That will be a very interesting question once this butt comes off the smoker!

Here is the police report if anyone is interested: http://posting.arktimes.com/images/blogimages/2012/04/05/1333658068-petrino.pdf

Also of note... Her wedding registry account was shut down sometime prior to 6pm today

rather pathetic way of reminding his wife that what he was doing with this woman is presently over, that's one way to Wreck your marriage...

Maybe she is his illegitimate daughter??????

//cue the dramatic orchestra music....DUM dum DUMMMMMMMM

:laugh: THAT would make for a very interesting Easter Weekend... can't wait for that presser!!

And it gets even much better... She may actually be engaged to the strength and conditioning coach at Arkansas.

EDIT: being reported now that "Dorrell was engaged to marry the Hogs' director of swimming and diving operations, Josh Morgan, in June. "

http://www.collegiatestadiums.com/uploads/2012-jessica-dorrell-fiance-josh.jpg

She was a "fundraiser" before Pretinis gave her her new job "student-athlete development coordinator"  3 days earlier.  

At the time Dorrell was hired Petrino said:

“Jessica Dorrell will be a great addition to our football program. As a former student-athlete she has an enthusiasm for the Razorbacks and is familiar with what the University of Arkansas can offer.   She is extremely organized and has a professional approach, which should translate well into our program and recruiting as we continue to place an emphasis on this area.”

Professional approach...   LOL

I wonder what "shopping center" Dorrell's car was parked at....  other reports say an "intersection"...  others say undisclosed location... one said "store."

I can just picture a shady little store in the ozarks hidden away by trees for the start of their rondevous. 

I bet Arkansas State is sweating right now, glad we don't have to find a new offensive co-ordinator and put in a new offense next fall....but on the flip side, I bet Malzahn wishes he had waited a little longer.

Im glad he wasnt killed or seriously hurt, but he's a low down good for nothing rat. He has proven he cant be trusted and what is that old saying about KARMA ? Thank goodness he didnt come back here. He cheats on his wife and stabs his best friend in the back. I say he deserves what ever he gets.I hate this for his family .They are the innocent ones here.

Archived