Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol dodged a bullet there

Yeah. Terry Bowden says hi.

Seriously though, Petrino was OC at AU in 02, and he did a really good job, but I'm exceedingly happy he didn't get the head job here. And to be honest, the reason for that has nothing to do with his personal problems; rather, his personal problems are evidence that my issues with him professionally extend beyond his coaching career. The guy knows how to coach football, or at least offense, and he has a proven track record of such.

But he's cold as ice. He doesn't care about anyone but himself, and thus he does what he wants.

Honestly though, that's okay. It's his life to lead however he wants to. I would never want him to be part of Auburn again, but I'm not going to pass judgement on him. He's good at what he does. If not for the fact that he put his girlfriend on payroll, he would have likely come out of this okay, because Arkansas knew what kind of guy they were getting when they hired him. And, quite honestly, aside from that technicality of having used school funds to give her a promotion, I don't think he should have been fired.

But what's done is done, and it really doesn't matter to me anyway, so whatever. :laugh:

Interesting take on what happened in the video in this story posted in the AJC (warning: please don't watch while you are drinking coffee unless you want coffee all over your computer screen): Bobby Petrino saga explained in Taiwan cartoon (video)

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/04/11/bobby-petrino-saga-explained-in-taiwan-cartoon-video/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog

Got to luv those English subtitles .

Thanks for the warning, I can now go get another cup of coffee.

As though Darius Philon had not had enough of a bad winter/spring, now he is in the middle of this! 

That's two enormous poor decisions.

Poor kid!

As though Darius Philon had not had enough of a bad winter/spring, now he is in the middle of this! 

That's two enormous poor decisions.

Poor kid!

I thought the decision to go to Arky was a pretty good one at the time, all things considered. He was really put in a bad position by nickapoleon. I feel bad for him.

After Arky hired BP, I recall hearing some AU fans and fans of other SEC teams say they thought he only took that job in hopes of landing the Auburn job when Tuberville is no longer on the Plains. Remember that Tuberville was on pretty shaky ground about this time. Thank heavens we didn't get PB to replace TT.

But, Petrino signed a contract with Arkansas that prevented him from taking another SEC coaching job.  AU would have had to pay close to $20mill (IIRC) to Arkansas to get Petrino to break his contract and come to AU.  Arkansas covered their rears by writing that contract, I assume they knew BP would likely court another SEC team and use Arky as a stepping stone job.

He'll wait a while,find religion,claim to be a changed man and become one of BSPN's feel good stories as someone's new coach.  ;)

Or they will hire him...

Jessica Dorrell resigned her position with Arkansas and has settled for $ 14K. What is the world coming to? This is stupid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/jessica-dorrell-resigns-petrinos-mistress-arkansas-football_n_1433219.html

That says to me that she wasn't, and isn't a gold digger, and just wants to put all this behind her.

Jessica Dorrell resigned her position with Arkansas and has settled for $ 14K. What is the world coming to? This is stupid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/jessica-dorrell-resigns-petrinos-mistress-arkansas-football_n_1433219.html

That says to me that she wasn't, and isn't a gold digger, and just wants to put all this behind her.

I wonder if she and her fiance' will be able to patch things up or not.

After Arky hired BP, I recall hearing some AU fans and fans of other SEC teams say they thought he only took that job in hopes of landing the Auburn job when Tuberville is no longer on the Plains. Remember that Tuberville was on pretty shaky ground about this time. Thank heavens we didn't get PB to replace TT.

But, Petrino signed a contract with Arkansas that prevented him from taking another SEC coaching job.  AU would have had to pay close to $20mill (IIRC) to Arkansas to get Petrino to break his contract and come to AU.  Arkansas covered their rears by writing that contract, I assume they knew BP would likely court another SEC team and use Arky as a stepping stone job.

The contra

c has NO barring now.  It has been voided and will not effect where Bobby coaches. 

Are the rumors about Phil Fulmer to Arky correct? That would be hard to believe.....

I would say not. It's more of a case of Phat Phil running his name out there like he always does. He is a candidate for every job that comes open. I'm certain he has contacted Long and Long paid him the courtesy of listening. Long then promptly dismissed it as soon as the conversation was over.  They would be super foolish to make that hire.

Arky showing support for Long.

Aqzm1h4CEAASxX-.jpg

We've lived in the slum they call Arkansas for twelve, long years.  We still haven't decided which is trashier, the landscape or the people.  It is comical how they have decided to spin this one.  Integrity?  Jeff Long's hands were tied.  He had no other choice than to fire Petrino. 

We've lived in the slum they call Arkansas for twelve, long years.  We still haven't decided which is trashier, the landscape or the people.  It is comical how they have decided to spin this one.  Integrity?  Jeff Long's hands were tied.  He had no other choice than to fire Petrino. 

I am hearing there may have been calls to more than just bimbo's.  Bobby's phone is rumored to show multiple calls to recruits during the dead period.  If true, the hogs are about to become less than irrelivent.

I am hearing there may have been calls to more than just bimbo's.   Bobby's phone is rumored to show multiple calls to recruits during the dead period.   If true, the hogs are about to become less than irrelivent.

Well, if a man will cheat on his wife like this, then he's capable of cheating in other areas too.  If they get burned for NCAA violations, nobody will enjoy more than I.  I really believe AR fans are worse than bammers, and we have endured both.

I am hearing there may have been calls to more than just bimbo's.   Bobby's phone is rumored to show multiple calls to recruits during the dead period.   If true, the hogs are about to become less than irrelivent.

I'm not one bit surprised.  Petrino is a good coach, he's also a stupid man.  But, some desperate program will snap him up in a year or two - I'm thinking Tennessee. 

Guest jrljr

This is not surprising. He's a scumbag and doesn't believe the rules apply to his narsicistic (sp?) A$$!!

If it can't happen to uat or the REC then arky or UGALY would be my next favorite to see go down. All their fanbases are ignorant rednecks. 90% of their "fans" have never even attended a class at the school. (Or any other for that matter. Very few of the can carry on an informed college football conversation. It's all "rtr", "peeg-susie", and go you silver bi#@!es" Typing that made me throw up a little in my mouth. This should help:

:we:

Archived