Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long did the right thing by firing Petrino. This day could have easily been predicted based on past history. Did he expect the sleaze to suddenly stop being a sleaze? He made a deal with the devil and the devil always collects his due.  Anybody else that hires him will get exactly what they deserve. I feel no sympathy at all toward the hog nation and the university.

Did I hear someone say Jerry Jones?

Is JJ that involved in Arkansas football? I think he has his hands full dealing with the Cowboys circus but then I don't keep up with who the movers and shakers are at all the other schools around the league.

Somebody, please tell me, how he had all of these injuries and she had none? Something about that is weird. It doesn't add up.

Yea, you don't fall off of a motorcycle at 40 mph and come away without a scratch.

Long did the right thing by firing Petrino. This day could have easily been predicted based on past history. Did he expect the sleaze to suddenly stop being a sleaze? He made a deal with the devil and the devil always collects his due.  Anybody else that hires him will get exactly what they deserve. I feel no sympathy at all toward the hog nation and the university.

So you have no sympathy for the hog nation.... Like we have a real choice in who is hired... as a fan?  really... You wish this upon another fandom....

Speaks alot about character in and of itself... does it not.

I wouldnt wish this on Auburn at all.... Hell, I rooted for you folks during the tubberville years, wanted him at Arkansas....

Hell,

And the majority of your fans still are still spewing how guilty Aubrun and Newton are.  I hear everyday that "Auburn Cheets "or "Auburn is dirty" when the fact of the matter is the NCAA just spent MONTHS checking every crack and cavity at Auburn and we have gotten a clean bill of health.

You will not get much symapthy here.  Go to the arkansas boards and explain how Auburn was not involved with any of the rumors about Newton.  See how that goes over. 

Hiring his brother to the staff was no issue imo. He is a coach and it has proven itself on the field. There are plenty of coaches that have hired family. Joe and Jay Paterno at Penn State come to mind right off the bat.

Hiring your mistress is on a WHOLE different level.

Haven't gone through the couple of pages after this that have been posted so excuse

me if this has already been brought up but the difference is that with the coaching positions they are not publicly advertised .  Once the university advertises for a job though you get into EEOC regulations that would

make your head spin.  But as long as the university is doing a private search they can hire whoever they want with no fear of reporcussions.

I ran around a good bit in my younger days. I always said, "If I ever get married and have children I become a man and the running around ends".

I met and fell in love with my wife at age 39. We are blessed with two beautiful boys.

Zach age 3.5 and Cameron Michael "Cam".(My wife named him while pregnant and watching Auburn v.s. Arkansas) age 1 year 2 months. Those boys think I hang the moon. My family is the single most important thing in my life.

My boys mug me when I get home from work each day and I tell you there is no greater feeling.

The worst feeling I could imagine is to have them dissapointed in me by letting them down.

Their mother deserves better and so do the boys. Being a father is being a man.

Why a man is willing to destroy a family over an extra marital affair is something I will never understand.

same here kevon. never could comprehend the selfishness of this type behavior. i was one of those kids at the age of 12 and again at 16. the bitterness never goes away and im 39 now. i cant imagine not living with my kids and facing myself after wrecking other lives.

On a side note, the timing of this is taking some of the media heat away from the ugly trial thats going on.

Hell,

And the majority of your fans still are still spewing how guilty Aubrun and Newton are.   I hear everyday that "Auburn Cheets "or "Auburn is dirty" when the fact of the matter is the NCAA just spent MONTHS checking every crack and cavity at Auburn and we have gotten a clean bill of health.

You will not get much symapthy here.  Go to the arkansas boards and explain how Auburn was not involved with any of the rumors about Newton.  See how that goes over. 

so.... since some of our fans are jerks... you desire to reciprocate... I get it, you would fit in very well with those folks... thanks!

Hey, Rev.  I would hate to be in a situation where after spring ball our coach was fired.  It would be like we were starting all over.  I feel for you and your fans for that.  It'll get better, but it will be tough getting there.  Be proud of your school, they made the right decision although the more difficult one to bear. WPS

Guest jrljr

Big props to the AD on this. It will ensure he can get another AD job if ever needed. This sucks for their fans though. I bet there isn't a morality clause in little nikki's contract. I doubt the word is ever spoken within earshot of that school.

Thank you, Kiehl!!!!

I ran around a good bit in my younger days. I always said, "If I ever get married and have children I become a man and the running around ends".

I met and fell in love with my wife at age 39. We are blessed with two beautiful boys.

Zach age 3.5 and Cameron Michael "Cam".(My wife named him while pregnant and watching Auburn v.s. Arkansas) age 1 year 2 months. Those boys think I hang the moon. My family is the single most important thing in my life.

My boys mug me when I get home from work each day and I tell you there is no greater feeling.

The worst feeling I could imagine is to have them dissapointed in me by letting them down.

Their mother deserves better and so do the boys. Being a father is being a man.

Why a man is willing to destroy a family over an extra marital affair is something I will never understand.

Some marriages are not as full of love as yours seems to be (congrats on that, btw), and others involve guys who are low class jerks.

Now, I include Petrino in the latter group, but I still think he's getting too much backlash for this. He was wrong to hire his girlfriend to the AD. As for the affair, yeah, it's wrong...but it's his own personal business. How many of you have cheated on a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse? I guarantee you that the number of those who have is higher than the number of those who will admit to it. Maybe you didn't go to a resort with the "other" woman/man, but we're talking about levels of indiscretion that went on in his private (read: none of our business) life.

All of that having been said, because he did hire his girlfriend with taxpayer money, he deserved to be fired, and we already knew that he was a jerk, so it's not like we really learned anything about him. I just...I don't know, I feel like things like this get blown out of proportion.

It's not so much about morality as it is, like Bird said, about helping along the hiring decision of his girlfriend. In essence, he was turning her into a prostitute, paying her more money to keep having "relations" with him, and he did it with University money. Arkansas didn't have a choice whether they fired him or not. The only choice they had was whether they wanted to go down with him or not.

Dang... I've been hearing and seeing stories bringing up the possibility of Arkansas's senior qb, Tyler Wilson, going into the NFL's supplemental draft over this!  Wow, that would be crushing if it happened.  Probably won't happen, but just the thought of it happening would make my you know what clinch if I was an Arkansas fan.

And along those lines, I have been hearing and seeing similar stories about Georgia safety, Rambo(?), over his 2 to 4 game suspension... that he is considering going into the supplemental draft like tOSU's qb did last year.

Guest jrljr

It's not so much about morality as it is, like Bird said, about helping along the hiring decision of his girlfriend. In essence, he was turning her into a prostitute, paying her more money to keep having "relations" with him, and he did it with University money. Arkansas didn't have a choice whether they fired him or not. The only choice they had was whether they wanted to go down with him or not.

I realize that but I just felt like taking a stab at them for it. I don't think Arky had a choice though, they are already facing potential civil actions that would have only been worse if he stayed. I really only hate it for this "ladie's", and I use that term loosely, fiance'. That has to sting, you know? I would say at least he discovered before they were married but he found out in such a public fashion.

I realize that but I just felt like taking a stab at them for it. I don't think Arky had a choice though, they are already facing potential civil actions that would have only been worse if he stayed. I really only hate it for this "ladie's", and I use that term loosely, fiance'. That has to sting, you know? I would say at least he discovered before they were married but he found out in such a public fashion.

Finding out before they were married is a biggie, in fact it is H U G E.  He should live and be fine... eventually he will come to the realization that he dodged a bullet and was in a way, very lucky.

Hell,

And the majority of your fans still are still spewing how guilty Aubrun and Newton are.   I hear everyday that "Auburn Cheets "or "Auburn is dirty" when the fact of the matter is the NCAA just spent MONTHS checking every crack and cavity at Auburn and we have gotten a clean bill of health.

so.... since some of our fans are jerks... you desire to reciprocate... I get it, you would fit in very well with those folks... thanks!

Some you say... as long as it wasn't dang near all of them.

Yes, his private life is his own. But...He chose to make it less private when he hired her and when he lied and then fessed up before the cops blew it up for him. Your private life is your own until you bring it to work. then it's no longer your private life. It's your broadcasted life. I immagin had he been clean about the accident in the beginning, he would still be HC at Arky and none of us would be having this discussion. He may have been having issues at home but they would have been just that, Issues at home.

Archived