Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The president, (Clinton) keeps his job after an affair. But a college football coach gets fired.l I'm not defending him. Maybe we should have fired t :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:he president .

Man this didn't work out very good for Darius philon either. His first scumbag coach Saban won't honor his commitment and then he ends up going to arky which he never visited and now his new scumbag coach won't even be there.

Would that leave Dyer high and dry at Ark St?

My guess is it would, but that is a good question.  I don't recall anyone transferring to 2 different div 1 teams but there might be a way, especially if he was a graduate student.

The president, (Clinton) keeps his job after an affair. But a college football coach gets fired.l I'm not defending him. Maybe we should have fired t :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:he president .

Clinton was impeached so it wasn't like he got off Scott free.

BP will more than likely get another coaching job, but agree with earlier poster, it won't be in the SEC and I doubt seriously he gets a HC job in the NFL, maybe as an assistant.

It's easier to get rid of a coach than it is a president.

Wrong.Clinton was not impeached.

I agree that he handled himself with class and did the right thing by firing Petrino, but lets not forget that Long is also the one who hired Petrino to begin with even after Petrino had secretly flirted with AU while coaching at UL, and then the way he left the Falcons hanging in mid-season....

Would you really want an AD at Auburn who is willing to hire people of 'questionable' character just for the sake of winning? That said, I saw the press conference, and I think Long handled the situation very well, but he was simply cleaning up a mess that was caused by a risky employee who he chose to hire.

He was impeached, but later acquitted by the U.S. Senate.

Impeachment is a process by which a government official has charges brought against him. Clinton was impeached, but was later acquitted so he got to stay in office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

*edit* Flush beat me out.  :P I'll keep my response w/link here though.

BP will more than likely get another coaching job, but agree with earlier poster, it won't be in the SEC and I doubt seriously he gets a HC job in the NFL, maybe as an assistant.

Mike Price got another HC job after he was 'not really hired' by bama over his little one-night drunken fling with a stripper that called room service to order one of everything off the menu.  Unlike Vegas, what happens in Panama City(?) does not stay in Panama City.

But in light of recent events that have hit close to home I want to say...

Thank God we made the decision we did...

And thank God for Coach Gene Chizik!!

That's all.

It's a bad situation. Props to the Arky AD for making a tough decision.

Mike Price got another HC job after he was 'not really hired' by bama over his little one-night drunken fling with a stripper that called room service to order one of everything off the menu.  Unlike Vegas, what happens in Panama City(?) does not stay in Panama City.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I didn't figure that Arkansas had much choice once they realized the legal implications not firing him could put them in, but this does leave them in a mess.  It will be difficult to gather the team together and most every coach on that staff will likely feel like a short timer that has a number one priority to find their next job.  We will have to wait and see if there is any fallout with their players.  Sometimes there isn't much and other times it can set a program back a few years.  The SEC west is a tough division and they show no mercy.

Mega props. The AD could have stood up there and read some politically correct statement. Instead he raked Petrino over the coals and spelled out each and every instance of his wrongdoing. He didn't pull any punches and he earned my respect.

I'm a closet Arky fan (born in Arkansas, tons of family there, parents went to UArk).. and I'm not sure how I feel about the situation.

If what the radio is reporting and what I've seen on Facebook is true, and Long gave Petrino conditions to allow him to stay on.. honestly I'm sort of disappointed that it came down to Petrino saying no to Long's conditions to result in him getting fired.

Of course.. its very easy for me to say this on the couch and not in charge of an athletic program in the toughest division in football.. I read somewhere that in the 4 years BP was coach, the value of the Arky program increased by like 60% or something like that.. not to say BP was responsible for all of the growth but a ton of it was due to the success he had on the football field.  So to fire a coach that increased and impacted the value of your program in that kind of way was a much more difficult decision that what I conclude when I hear of a guy cheating on his wife with an employee he just hired...

But yeah.. I am pleased with the end result, just not the circumstances that led to it.

It's not the affair!  It's the lying!!

The good news from all this...

Athlon Magazine has now revised its SEC coaching rankings and has bumped Chizik up from #9 to #8.

The good news from all this...

Athlon Magazine has now revised its SEC coaching rankings and has bumped Chizik up from #9 to #8.

You ain't right!

:laugh:

Pensacola either. (It was Pensacola where Price messed up)

Archived