Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was offered his position with changes to the contract and disciplinary actions....He refused....

he was FIRED!

What are you hearing about a replacement?

Just announced on Fox News the Petrino was fired.

I have respect for Jeff Long in making this decision. Theres more to being a Head Coach than just winning, and Im glad he understands the magnitude of this situation. It would be hard for your head coach to go in a recruits home and try and ask the parents to trust you with their child, and spew all his lies wheh he lied himself. He didnt have any respect for his wife and children first and foremost, or his job or anything else. People cheat all the time, but he was in a position to where he should have been a better person. His trouble may just beginning. He's got a wife to deal with now. He had no one to blame  but himself. To all the Arkansas fans that loved to bad mouth us, maybe now they will shut up some.

Many arky fans are blaming her for this.  They want him to stay and her to be fired.   :dunno:

this is certainly not true of the majority... and you have nuts in every fanbase...

Many arky fans are blaming her for this.  They want him to stay and her to be fired.   :dunno:

this is certainly not true of the majority... and you have nuts in every fanbase...

true rev and I could name one real quick bird

Wow. You can really tell the difference between the real fans and the sidewalk alums on that board. I really can't understand why they want the AD fired. Do they not realize this is what happens when an employee has an in office affair and publicly embarrasses the company? And for the record if any coach at Auburn was to have an incident like this I would want he/she gone the next day.

Wow. You can really tell the difference between the real fans and the sidewalk alums on that board. I really can't understand why they want the AD fired. Do they not realize this is what happens when an employee has an in office affair and publicly embarrasses the company? And for the record if any coach at Auburn was to have an incident like this I would want he/she gone the next day.

I agree 100%. It is amazing to me that they want the AD gone even though Petrino was the scumbag in all of this.  I was also surprised at how many didn't want Gus in the "Hire Gus Now!!!" thread. I think he would be a great hire. I am not sure he would leave ASU before he ever coached a game there, but he is as respected by the Arky HS coaches as anybody. We saw how players want to come play for him. This whole thing is a mess, and I hate it for the Arky fans, but I have always thought Petrino was pure scum.

this sets up just perfect for gus. they have to go after him and im almost sure he goes. i think in a year or two petrino gets another gig but not in the sec. or with the falcons.

Archived