Am i the only one....

suzutiger

When we consistently win10+ games like LSU Bama and Arky of late we will be.

From a rational point of view we have a coach who has never won more than 8 games outside a year with the best cfb player in recent memory, a offense and a defense implementing new schemes under new coaching staff, question marks (read as unproven players) at major positions like QB, RB, OLine, LB , DB and it is pretty easy to understand

mmmm let see here, from a "rational point" you obviously can't do math. Our coach is averaging 10 wins a year, last time I checked 8 + 14 + 8 = 30 / 3 = 10 wins on average a year. WOW isn't math amazing!!! So I apparently don't understand football logic, but at least the math part of it is pretty easy.... At least my engineering degree from Auburn is paying off.

I mean the novice Coach Chizik isn't half the coach that Miles, Saban, and Petrino are right? And has no business coaching against these powerhouses, and breathing his name in the same sentence should be a sin because we know Cam was the only reason Chizik still has a job right?...Les Miles first three seasons in SEC at LSU went 34-6, Saban went 26-12 his first three season in the SEC, and Petrinon went 23-15 his first three seasons in the SEC.

Auburn has been one of the most consistent programs in the last 30, 25, 20, 10, 5, years...I don't care how you look at it.

How many teams have gone undefeated 3 times in the last 20 years and produced 2 Heismans, 2 Walter Camp, 1 Maxwell, 1 Davey O'Brien, 1 Manning Award, 1 Outland Trophy, 2 Lombardi and 1 Jim Thorpe award winners in the last 25-30 years?

We have won 94 games over the last 10 years, and 44 games over the last 5 years, and 30 in the last 3 years in the hardest conference and division in all of college football and wonthe SEC West (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, and 2010).

So please bring up your next unsupported point....can't wait to hear it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a rational point of view we have a coach who has never won more than 8 games outside a year with the best cfb player in recent memory, a offense and a defense implementing new schemes under new coaching staff, question marks (read as unproven players) at major positions like QB, RB, OLine, LB , DB and it is pretty easy to understand

mmmm let see here, from a "rational point" you obviously can't do math. Our coach is averaging 10 wins a year, last time I checked 8 + 14 + 8 = 30 / 3 = 10 wins on average a year. WOW isn't math amazing!!! So I apparently don't understand football logic, but at least the math part of it is pretty easy.... At least my engineering degree from Auburn is paying off.

I mean the novice Coach Chizik isn't half the coach that Miles, Saban, and Petrino are right? And has no business coaching against these powerhouses, and breathing his name in the same sentence should be a sin because we know Cam was the only reason Chizik still has a job right?...Les Miles first three seasons in SEC at LSU went 34-6, Saban went 26-12 his first three season in the SEC, and Petrinon went 23-15 his first three seasons in the SEC.

Auburn has been one of the most consistent programs in the last 30, 25, 20, 10, 5, years...I don't care how you look at it.

How many teams have gone undefeated 3 times in the last 20 years and produced 2 Heismans, 2 Walter Camp, 1 Maxwell, 1 Davey O'Brien, 1 Manning Award, 1 Outland Trophy, 2 Lombardi and 1 Jim Thorpe award winners in the last 25-30 years?

We have won 94 games over the last 10 years, and 44 games over the last 5 years, and 30 in the last 3 years in the hardest conference and division in all of college football and wonthe SEC West (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, and 2010).

'

I'm almost certain he was talking 10 wins a season, not average. But I like your points.

'

I'm almost certain he was talking 10 wins a season, not average. But I like your points.

I'll take an average of 10 wins a season with Chizik including a National Championship and a 28-27 Iron Bowl victory all day over going 10-3 every season.

Over the last 10 years

LSU has 105 wins w/ a stdev of 1.9

AUBURN has 94 wins w/ a stdev of 2.63

ALABAMA has 91 wins w/ a stdev 3.21

ARKANSAS has 79 wins w/ a stdev 2.42

So from a consistency stand point LSU is very consistent.

Would like to turn this around against these teams

Last 5 Seasons (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)

Since 2007: SEC West

LSU - 4 victories to AU's  - 1

Georgia - 4 victories to AU's - 1

Arky -  3 victories to AU's - 2

Bama - 3 victories to AU's - 2

How did ARKY get into this conversation? What have they done that's so credible in the last few years? No SEC Championships, No National Titles, No Heisman trophy winners, etc. They had 3 really good WR and that's about it and now they are all gone.  Yeah they have a good QB, but who's he going to throw to now?

LSU is losing all LBs, a DL, and 2 DBs (one who was the best DB in the nation), they are also losing 4 OL, a TE and  QB that averaged 10+ wins a season.

Bama is losing 80% of their defense, an incredible Center, a great TE that killed us in the iron bowl, and the best RB in the nation that is going to be a top 3-5 NFL draft pick that slaughtered us last year.

Who are you referring to here? Mathieu was just a soph last year, right?

Morris Claiborne

Preseason rankings usually hinge on two things :

Amount of wins the year before.

Amount of key players returning.

This is why LSU , Arkansas, and Alabama are ranked high in the preseason. I don't see the problem.

Some people see all the positive things said about the direction of our program from our own beat writers and believe that everyone in the world believes in them. They also don't realize that those positives they hear are being said in just about every other spring practice of teams that are remotely competitive. Orange and Blue Glasses syndrome

"Orange and Blue Glasses Syndrome"

Hmm...I wonder if that is kinda like being "too full of Auburn"?

You know, I understand that I'm a homer. I do. Look at my signature quote. That's not just a cute little rhyme, it's truth. But is that really such a bad thing? And why shouldn't we believe great things might well be right around the corner? Yeah, maybe every camp is buzzing with excitement like this, sure. But Auburn has been there and done that. My mother was pregnant with me while watching games through the 1983 11-1 Sugar Bowl Champion (and should have been National Champion) team with sophomore sensation Bo Jackson leading the charge. I've seen Tater Tot win 20 straight. I went to every home game as Dameyune Craig picked the team up on his shoulders, took us to Atlanta, and damned near beat Peyton Manning's final Tennessee Volunteer team. I offered my voice to the deafening roar that was Jordan Hare when Jason Campbell hit wide open Courtney Taylor to beat the defending national champs en route to perfection. I stared, wide eyed and slack jawed, as Cam Newton ran over, around, and through everybody in the country as we finally got the championship we'd deserved so many times before.

Call me crazy, but I feel like Auburn has given me plenty of reason to be optimistic through the years, and the fact that we return 18 starters and most primary backups coupled with the level of talent that we have been bringing in for the last three years makes it pretty easy to think we're going to be pretty good this season.

Oh, fun fact: since 1990, two BCS conference teams have been undefeated three times. Auburn is one of them. Nebraska is the other. I'd say that's pretty significant.

Auburn will consistently win 10 games a year when the recruiting cycle has top 10 players in every class. We are comparing AU to Bama and LSU, who in terms of recruiting are a couple of years ahead.

The first big class for AU was 2010. Those guys can't make a whole roster and they will only be Juniors this year. We will see great talent from 2 classes this year - 2010 and 2011. The 2012 class may contribute depth but not impact.

When you look at recruiting in a year you'll see Auburn has as many top recruits as anyone and more than most. That's when we'll start winning 10 a year.

Bama and LSU had top classes in 2008 and 2009 - those guys are filling the roster - of course many have gone to NFL, been processed, whatever. The point is they have 4 years' worth of top classes as a pool from which to draw.

The reason I see Auburn improving this year is the jump for the big guys from Freshmen to Sophomores to Juniors - The DL will be MUCH better. And, despite having 2 guys on the O line without starting experience, the O line as a whole does have good returning experience (Sullen, Slade, Dismukes). The new guys - Robinson, Westerman and Mack are all high enough quality to blend in and be better than what we saw lat year.

The other reason is that the quality is rising not staying the same. Most of the question marks from last year were down to youth and depth. While we are only a bit more experienced this year the talent is rising.

Nothing to worry about, guys - 10 wins and a new years bowl to make it 11. 

I didn't read where anyone wasn't being optimistic. There is no telling what will happen this year. We could go undefeated for all we know......But for people to be upset about preseason rankings is a little odd considering the formula that most of them use to determine those rankings.

hahaha just a simple macro!

Hmm...maybe do an alternate version where a redshirt year adds on .5 or something to add a little weight to players who spend a year getting bigger, faster, and stronger. Just a thought.

I would think it would actually work better if you start freshmen at 0 and seniors at 3, since at the beginning of the season that's how many years of experience they will have.

If you are going to 'polish up' your handicapping, don't overlook that an early enrollee gets to go through spring practice.  That is a big plus in general but is huge for a true freshman.

I didn't read where anyone wasn't being optimistic. There is no telling what will happen this year. We could go undefeated for all we know......But for people to be upset about preseason rankings is a little odd considering the formula that most of them use to determine those rankings.

Who said anything about preseason rankings. I said that i just dont see this huge talent gap

between Bama, LSU, and Arky. I dont think anyone was ever worried about rankings.

True. Our talent is there for sure. Getting older and more experienced by the minute. You have to hand it to Petrino, he does a lot with little.

True. Our talent is there for sure. Getting older and more experienced by the minute. You have to hand it to Petrino, he does a lot with little.

yep, although i think petrino is an arse, he is a good coach - well at least offensively.  if he ever gets a consistent defense ...

While we are only a bit more experienced this year the talent is rising.

I can't agree with the only a bit more experienced part. We went from losing 18 starters in 2011 to returning 18 starters in 2012. I'd say that's pretty significant.

Archived