Under Armour equipment

chimesAU

As far as cleats go, UA is still not on the same level as Nike.

Kiehl loves all of the UA gear except for the cleats.

He told me that he much prefers Nike cleats.

He asked Dana last year if he would get him some Nike cleats and then just spat them to cover everything up. He told him no.

yep, been that way for a while.  UA is definitely making improvements on their cleats, but they still just don't compare.  I really wish they would allow us to wear other cleats.  I love the rest of their gear, but the cleats really are just sub par.  I hope we don't renew our contract with them, but we probably will.

We just renewed a year or so ago. And when it's time to renew our current contract I hope we do. Under Armour will eventually catch up in the cleat department. If we don't renew I hope we sign with anything but nike. At least with Under Armour we are the flagship school.

Would you feel this way even if it put our athletes at a competitive disadvantage? Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face...

Auburn & UA beat Oregon & Nike a couple years ago...do you really think we're at a competitive disadvantage?

We beat Nike teams every year but I don't think that proves anything, one way or the other. I played for a public high school that I know for a fact had inferior equipment but we still won PLENTY of games and even played in the 6A state championship game. We overcame our disadvantages... I don't want our guys to have to overcome anything.

I'm not saying that I know for certain either way, but it sounds like current and ex players seem to have a few gripes about the footwear they're provided. I realize it isn't the whole team complaining, by any means, but how many positives have we heard about the shoes?

Brilliant point, dpwspringer. I realize not all shoes will work for everyone and people's feet vary so much in shape,size,arch,etc. I think you make a great point that locking yourself into one brand of shoe is almost like handicapping yourself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn & UA beat Oregon & Nike a couple years ago...do you really think we're at a competitive disadvantage?

yes, but the footing in that game was horrible - admittedly, i think it was the turf and not the shoes

yes, but the footing in that game was horrible - admittedly, i think it was the turf and not the shoes

The amount of AU players that slipped in that game were still 3 times as much as the amount of UO players.

Archived