Practice #3

bigbird

Just remember it is only their 3rd spring practice.  Rust does have to come off these young guys.  Punt returners are not only doing those reps, but also learning new offense as a receiver (Bray and Reed) or a new defense ( McNeal )....  Trust in our coaches and let's support this team with a packed stadium on A-Day!!!!   This will be another unforgettable Auburn football season!!!! :aufb:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and Rah Rah is working at MLB. I like that move. I still like Holland in the Middle though too, he's just a touch smaller than White.

Swain's got some real size on him too.

I like the size on Swain. I can't wait to see how our LBs do this season. With Thig coaching them, it should be interesting to see the difference.

Joel A. Erickson ‏ @wareagleextra

Chizik on Anthony Swain, moving to LB: "He's got a long way to go. It's the mental part of the game, that's very challenging right now."

RE: Moseley, per al.com: "AUBURN, Alabama -- Clint Moseley went through all the motions in Monday's spring practice -- but he wasn't allowed to throw the football.

Moseley reported after the workout that he has inflammation of the rotator cuff.

"It's just a little aggravated," Moseley said.

"It's frustrating, but what I can do but rehab?"

Moseley was active in practice, taking snaps, practicing handoffs and dropping back and doing everything but throwing.

That's what offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler ordered. So did coach Gene Chizik.

"They've thrown a lot of balls. His shoulder is just sore," Chizik said. "We're just watching and being smart moving forward."

Entire article: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/auburn_notebook_clint_moseley_3.html

I like the size on Swain. I can't wait to see how our LBs do this season. With Thig coaching them, it should be interesting to see the difference.

Chizik on Anthony Swain, moving to LB: "He's got a long way to go. It's the mental part of the game, that's very challenging right now."

Has chizik every given an answer that is anything but coach speak when asked about a player?

Has chizik every given an answer that is anything but coach speak when asked about a player? 

No, but going forward, that remains to be seen ;)

RE: Moseley, per al.com: "AUBURN, Alabama -- Clint Moseley went through all the motions in Monday's spring practice -- but he wasn't allowed to throw the football.

Moseley reported after the workout that he has inflammation of the rotator cuff.

Moseley was active in practice, taking snaps, practicing handoffs and dropping back and doing everything but throwing.

That's what offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler ordered. So did coach Gene Chizik.

"They've thrown a lot of balls. His shoulder is just sore," Chizik said. "We're just watching and being smart moving forward."

Entire article: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/auburn_notebook_clint_moseley_3.html

Maybe it's just me, but throwing a lot of balls in the first two practices to the extent his shoulder is now sore and he can't throw doesn't seem too smart.  Didn't that happen to Brandon Cox one year and it seemed like he had a weak arm all season?  If that is your starting quarterback, you lose a lot of ground... just seems like one of those things you would be very careful with and error on the side of being conservative this early into spring practice.

No, but going forward, that remains to be seen ;)

:laugh:

Maybe it's just me, but throwing a lot of balls in the first two practices to the extent his shoulder is now sore and he can't throw doesn't seem too smart.  Didn't that happen to Brandon Cox one year and it seemed like he had a weak arm all season?  If that is your starting quarterback, you lose a lot of ground... just seems like one of those things you would be very careful with and error on the side of being conservative this early into spring practice.

From what I've heard it sounds like Clint was sore going in. Apparently he over did it a little preparing for spring practice. I'm sure he'll be fine, but that's an opportunity to impress he missed today.

From what I've heard it sounds like Clint was sore going in. Apparently he over did it a little preparing for spring practice. I'm sure he'll be fine, but that's an opportunity to impress he missed today.

It is a tough break for him, especially in a tough qb race.  It will be hard to win the starting qb spot if you can't throw, that might make it Frazier's to lose.

I'm admittedly a pro-Kiehl guy, but he just looks like a big time QB to me in all the videos I've seen. He also really seems intent on absorbing all the coaching from Loeffler.  "Here we go!"

Who is "Killer", #51 at 2:29 ? Jacob Westrich ?   :dunno:

Lolley at 3:35 ?

...and a nickname is born!  :laugh::thumbsup:

Who is "Killer", #51 at 2:29 ? Jacob Westrich ?   :dunno:

Lolley at 3:35 ?

Ok, now that is a good one. I watched it and(because you mentioned it) thought the same thing.  :thumbsup:

@ :54 of the first video, Mincy moves too play 10 yards off the ball.  Man that's gonna kill some on here.:laugh: :laugh:

homer-simpson-doh.gif?w=290

:laugh: :laugh:

@ :54 of the first video, Mincy moves too play 10 yards off the ball.  Man that's gonna kill some on here.:laugh: :laugh:

homer-simpson-doh.gif?w=290

:laugh: :laugh:

I know I've voiced my opinion on d-backs lining up 10 yards off. But my main problem was it happening on third and 4 or less. I don't have a problem with cover two as a whole and it's successful when done right, but I just wanted to see more mixing of coverage, disguising coverage, rolling cover two into cover three. But it was just always straight up cover two.

Since our base coverage is cover-2, I suspect that they try to disguise all their schemes to look like cover two.

who is the quarterback standing next to Mosley,  number 19  with O'Conner on his jersey?

He's a new invited walk-on.

Archived