Ethan Pocic, OT 2013

Elephant Tipper

LSU just offered him and it is between Ohio State and LSU. Crowder is our top target right now as OG.

So who are our top guard targets?

Typically, OGs don't garner a lot of stars rating-wise, so it's hard to tell who the best ones out there are based on stars.  But we have talked to Tyrone Crowder, 4* on most boards and the top rated OG;  also, a fast-rising kid is Caleb Benenoch, a Michigan State commit, has been evaluated by Coach Grimes, as has Ramsey Meyers, an unranked kid from Florida.  I'm surprised we haven't pursued Khahiel Rogers, a 4* and Angelo Blackson ex-teammate, but I don't think we have.  Finally, Wilson Bell from Blount High has interest in us.

So who are our top guard targets?

Typically, OGs don't garner a lot of stars rating-wise, so it's hard to tell who the best ones out there are based on stars.  But we have talked to Tyrone Crowder, 4* on most boards and the top rated OG;  also, a fast-rising kid is Caleb Benenoch, a Michigan State commit, has been evaluated by Coach Grimes, as has Ramsey Meyers, an unranked kid from Florida.   I'm surprised we haven't pursued Khahiel Rogers, a 4* and Angelo Blackson ex-teammate, but I don't think we have.  Finally, Wilson Bell from Blount High has interest in us.

Thanks for staying on top of it. I appreciate your updates.

Committed to LSU.

^^^ this right here! but yeah i think we have enough tackles,still may grab one this class. but when it concerns the o line i think our focus is on the guards and center.  :wareagle:

I doubt we sign any tackles this year.

I was going to post the same thing. I know that many would suggest getting at least 1 good OT every year, but after what we did last year, I think we will be OK.

• 3 weeks later...

Their OL depth is not as strong as ours, might have contributed to his decision....

I thought we had a good shot of landing this guy. I just read that he committed to LSU.

You needed to start a thread about something that happened about a month ago?

I just read that he committed to LSU.

on 5/29...

Good call au_bsci_04

I thought we had a good shot of landing this guy. I just read that he committed to LSU.

As the Rolling Stones say "You Can't always get what you want"

So Bird, shouldn't this be in "College Football"?  :)

Archived