2012 spring roster

bigbird

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is strange that quite a few players are listed as an inch or two shorter than last year. Guess someone else did the measurements this year?

We are very concerned that Christain will be about 5'8" by the time he graduates.

:laugh: :laugh:

We are very concerned that Christain will be about 5'8" by the time he graduates.

Not to mention his little T-Rex arms...we can only pray those aren't shrinking too.

Can't believe the negatives about Omac.  I expect he and coaches have tried to add pounds...looks like it just ain't gonna happen...but questiioning his effectiveness?  The kid is in the top ten all time for AU total offense and has another year to go.  He has my full admiration for getting out there when everyone on the field out-weighs him....and do I recall that he ran a few up the middle against UVA in the bowl game? 

As for going down on first contact, IMO that's an exageration but then again, his job is to make the yardage and get out of bounds...and live to play again.  Absolutely no point in him taking an unnecessary beating by trying to run over or through guys who are much bigger.

Give the kid a break and get off the weight thing.  :banghead:

Can't believe the negatives about Omac.   I expect he and coaches have tried to add pounds...looks like it just ain't gonna happen...but questiioning his effectiveness?   The kid is in the top ten all time for AU total offense and has another year to go.   He has my full admiration for getting out there when everyone on the field out-weighs him....and do I recall that he ran a few up the middle against UVA in the bowl game?   

As for going down on first contact, IMO that's an exageration but then again, his job is to make the yardage and get out of bounds...and live to play again.  Absolutely no point in him taking an unnecessary beating by trying to run over or through guys who are much bigger.

:bow:

Can't believe the negatives about Omac.   I expect he and coaches have tried to add pounds...looks like it just ain't gonna happen...but questiioning his effectiveness?   The kid is in the top ten all time for AU total offense and has another year to go.   He has my full admiration for getting out there when everyone on the field out-weighs him....and do I recall that he ran a few up the middle against UVA in the bowl game?   

Haha I made one comment about how I had hoped he'd gained a couple pounds in the off season. Since then I've simply been responding to yalls posts. And I also said that he's effective but that an extra few pounds couldn't hurt. I also never said anything at all about his toughness. He's clearly tough as nails.

How many RBs job is it to "make yards and get out of bounds "? Maybe in the NFL when players are making millions, but that's just about unheard of in college. He's not a QB...  Sometimes we could use those extra gritty yards gained from turning upfield and NOT slipping out of bounds to "save himself for another play ". Maybe if he was a little bigger( which I realize isn't going to be possible at this point) he wouldn't have to slip out of bounds to save himself . And don't try to make it out like I've been piling on OM with consecutive posts. I've been responding to other posters( like yourself)  each and every time. OM is a great player and I'm sorry if my personal opinion on him has ruffled your feathers. I stand by my statement that he goes down entirely too easily but that I also have a ton of respect for him getting up after the hits he takes. Once again, I love OM( have a newspaper cutout of him on my fridge) and everything he's given to our football team. I think he has a ton of talent and is electrifying to watch. But I'm not going to sit here and say that just because he wears the orange and blue that there aren't a few things I feel he could improve upon, in my amateur opinion. War Eagle

One thing is for certain, OMAC is a unique football player.  And I'd be willing to bet that  there isn't a faster player in the country when the football is in his hands. See AU-LSU  2010.

2 things that stood out to me- Therezie is 5'9" & 205 lbs, a stout young man at DB, and we have to be the only team in America with not one but two players named Nosa. Ha!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that is funny!

One thing that I've noticed is that people give OMac a hard time about the weight and avoiding injury but nothing is said about T. Reed. OMac got hurt one year. T. Reed has been hurt the past two.

Chimes...I was't particularly aiming at you on the Omac comment...I see that stuff all time time.  As for the "running out of bounds" issue.... IMO the comment about what NFL backs get paid is not relevant...it's the value to the team (and what the player is capable of) that determines the strategy not whether he is paid or not.

Omac is not built to be a down-hill runner and that's a fact but he is an improving pass receiver.  He has the ability to catch those little swing passes to keep the ball moving and a drive alive.    That's his role and the risk/reward analysis of him trying to run over or through a DB or LB who is heavier and more muscular does not work for me....and apparently not the coaches either    On the other hand, he will hit the hole without reservation and it takes serious courgage to run back kick-offs into the teeth of a Bama or LSU special teams charge.

Glad you are a Omac fan too....and I look forward to seeing him do "his thing" this season....always hold my breath when the breaks for the corner....thinking back to the LSU run.  One of my favorite all-time AU runs.

:we:

One thing that I've noticed is that people give OMac a hard time about the weight and avoiding injury but nothing is said about T. Reed. OMac got hurt one year. T. Reed has been hurt the past two.

I agree about Trovon. He is small and has an injury "issue ". I'm just not sure if he's even been on the field long enough for people to take note of him yet. He'll have his hands full competing with Quan.

Chimes...I was't particularly aiming at you on the Omac comment...I see that stuff all time time.  As for the "running out of bounds" issue.... IMO the comment about what NFL backs get paid is not relevant...it's the value to the team (and what the player is capable of) that determines the strategy not whether he is paid or not.

Omac is not built to be a down-hill runner and that's a fact but he is an improving pass receiver.   He has the ability to catch those little swing passes to keep the ball moving and a drive alive.    That's his role and the risk/reward analysis of him trying to run over or through a DB or LB who is heavier and more muscular does not work for me....and apparently not the coaches either    On the other hand, he will hit the hole without reservation and it takes serious courgage to run back kick-offs into the teeth of a Bama or LSU special teams charge.

Glad you are a Omac fan too....and I look forward to seeing him do "his thing" this season....always hold my breath when the breaks for the corner....thinking back to the LSU run.  One of my favorite all-time AU runs.

:we:

I agree with 95% of what you said here. He IS very valuable catching those swing passes and once he turns upfield he's gone in a flash. I also agree that taking on LB's probably wouldn't be in his best interest, at his current weight. My first comment in this thread was simply something like "Man, I wish Omac had gained at least a little weight " so that he could absorb a few more blows from those bigger DBs and LBs. I feel like it got blown out of proportion from there. I hope to see MANY more of those LSU '10 type runs this next year. WDE

:thumbsup:

OMac has contributed so much to the team. He's been a great back for Auburn, and he gets the job done. When Dyer was having his issues, OMac just kept on producing on the field,staying in school, and keeping out of trouble.

I fail to see where he warrants any criticism at all about anything.

Swain and Sigler both packed on 40 lbs. Thats a lot of weight. So glad to see us with another year of experience under the belt and these kids getting bigger and stronger. Gonna be a good year for the Tigers! Spring practice!

:party:  :wedance: 

:thumbsup:

OMac has contributed so much to the team. He's been a great back for Auburn, and he gets the job done. When Dyer was having his issues, OMac just kept on producing on the field,staying in school, and keeping out of trouble.

I fail to see where he warrants any criticism at all about anything.

Wow...can't argue with that logic. How did Dyer's issues or Omac's lack thereof even come into this?

I really look forward to watching Anthony Swain play linebacker at 245 and plugging some holes.

I really look forward to watching Anthony Swain play linebacker at 245 and plugging some holes.

I never saw his highlight reel but have heard good things about him from other posters. Let's hope that 245 is all "good weight " and that he'll be able to use it to his advantage.

Notice how much weigh the redshirt frosh gained!  Give Dismukes and some of the other true frosh who played last year (and played well I might add) this summer to put on weight they probably could not really concentrate on during the fall... Watch out!  Dismukes is going to get noticeably better each year.  He will be a very good anchor to this OL.

I never saw his highlight reel but have heard good things about him from other posters. Let's hope that 245 is all "good weight " and that he'll be able to use it to his advantage.

There is a picture on 247 of him. The guy looks like a taller version of J White.

Archived