Cooper Bateman 2013 QB

SuperNova

QB depth may be pretty enticing at the Turd factory right about now, along with the opportunity to play for a relatively high caliber (insert vomit icon) program

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.... if CB does commit to brainwash U, I would guess the odds of him de-commiting will be high since he is from Utah and might want to stay closer to home and he will get lots of heat about not going to a QB friendly school. Hopefully CB and his parents are smart enough to see through the smoke screen.

I don't think Bateman will sign with anyone in this state in the end.

That is what I would guess, don't know of any SEC school that had much luck in landing a PAC-12 area QB.

Final 5 for CB.

According to Matt Scalici of AL.com, Bateman has narrowed his choices down to Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida and Washington.

Someone please explain why any elite quarterback (that has NFL aspirations) would sign with Alabama.  When is the last time they had a quarterback do anything in the NFL?  It makes no sense to me. 

I can't think of any marquee players in the league but season before last (McElroy) went. They've def had their share of big time QBs make it in the NFL. Before Cam we had a pretty dry stretch too. I think that winning attracts players, regardless of their position. I can understand why they would interest an elite QB.

Who?  Stabler, Namath,........  the rest of the list:

Scott Hunter, Terry Davis, Gary Rutledge, Richard Todd, Jack O'Rear, Jeff Rutledge, Steadman Shealey, Don Jabobs, Ken Coley, Walter Lewis, Vince Sutton, Mike Shula, Jeff Dunn, David Smith, Gary Holinsworth, Danny Woodson, Jay Barker, Brian Burgdorf, John David Phillips, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow, Tyler Watts, Brodie Croyle, Spencer Pennington, Marc Guillen

Not a lot of starting NFL experience in the list....

He fits their scheme tho I think it would be a waste of his talents. Seeing both washington and uat in his final 5 makes me beleive that one of the two lead for him especially considering the coach situation they share. LSU would prob be his best pick (outside AU of coarse) and he could be the man at washington. FL is just a mess at QB.

All the turds on Rivals think he's theirs (no suprise there  :-\), yet wee man spent 90 minutes on Skype with UGA commit Brice Ramsay.  Silly gumps. 

All the turds on Rivals think he's theirs (no suprise there  :-\), yet wee man spent 90 minutes on Skype with UGA commit Brice Ramsay.  Silly gumps. 

They also just offered GA QB, Anthony Jennings. This could be because they are considering taking 2 QBs this class though.

They also just offered GA QB, Anthony Jennings. This could be because they are considering taking 2 QBs this class though.

That is what all the updykes are saying, they will be taking 2 QBs for the 2013 class.

That is what all the updykes are saying, they will be taking 2 QBs for the 2013 class.

They are down by one. :we:

Is Bateman planning another visit with us? Would love to pull him right from under the bammers noses!  :cool:

Someone please explain why any elite quarterback (that has NFL aspirations) would sign with Alabama.  When is the last time they had a quarterback do anything in the NFL?  It makes no sense to me. 

I can't think of any marquee players in the league but season before last (McElroy) went. They've def had their share of big time QBs make it in the NFL. Before Cam we had a pretty dry stretch too. I think that winning attracts players, regardless of their position. I can understand why they would interest an elite QB.

Who?  Stabler, Namath,........  the rest of the list:

Scott Hunter, Terry Davis, Gary Rutledge, Richard Todd, Jack O'Rear, Jeff Rutledge, Steadman Shealey, Don Jabobs, Ken Coley, Walter Lewis, Vince Sutton, Mike Shula, Jeff Dunn, David Smith, Gary Holinsworth, Danny Woodson, Jay Barker, Brian Burgdorf, John David Phillips, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow, Tyler Watts, Brodie Croyle, Spencer Pennington, Marc Guillen

Not a lot of starting NFL experience in the list....

Add Billy Sexton, Billy Ray and Gene Newberry to that list.

My money is on Washington, tbh, and I think he's already decided. Take a look at his top 5; it's almost like he's setting it up to choose the Huskies over the last four national champs as a way to pump up the program.

If Nuss was still at Washington I might say them. From his comments it sounds like he likes Lefty and Nuss the most. His last visit here will be big in getting him.

When is he scheduled to visit us again?  :cool:

Sounds like we just lost him to the Dark Side. I've been outta the loop a bit, who else do we have QB-wise we're looking at?

Hayden Rettig is waiting for the green light to commit, and has been for a while. Chizik/Loeffler being very thorough with the QB situation.

Sounds like we just lost him to the Dark Side. I've been outta the loop a bit, who else do we have QB-wise we're looking at?

Hayden Rettig is waiting for the green light to commit, and has been for a while. Chizik/Loeffler being very thorough with the QB situation.

As they should be, take your time make the right decision.

Archived