Saban story

Tiger Oak

They don't need to enact more rules. Kids and more specifically their parents need to get their heads out of their backside and see the POS for what he is. If they can't do that then there is no need in whining about being mistreated.

With the internet and seriousness of the recruiting process today there is no reason not to know how the guy conducts his and bama's business.

:bow:

You can show a kid the path to success and happiness, you can not make him walk that path. 

EVERYONE knows how NS runs his program, not one person is left in the dark.  Therefore, I have absolutely no sympathy for any kid when he gets kicked to the curb by a man that is renowned for doing it to players every year.

is the original post even a violation? i thought there was only a limit on how many on the field coaches you can have at a game. Like i thought THigpen was still going to help coach.

There is a limit on the number of coaches you can have.  I think a couple of years ago Saban got around that rule by having an ex head coach classified as a graduate assistant... kind of like instead of providing free housing for a player's family, Saban calls it house sitting and pays them as well.

is the original post even a violation? i thought there was only a limit on how many on the field coaches you can have at a game. Like i thought THigpen was still going to help coach.

There is a limit on the number of coaches you can have.  I think a couple of years ago Saban got around that rule by having an ex head coach classified as a graduate assistant... kind of like instead of providing free housing for a player's family, Saban calls it house sitting and pays them as well.

cousin+eddie+Bingo.jpg

i know there is a limit to how many on the field coaches you can have, but i thought that was just during games, i did not know this was during practice also. As far as former players, is it against the rules for them to come help if they want? i have never thought about it and just assumed some did since certain ones are always around and support the program so much.

To grad97's list I would add the HS coaches that allow  :devil: to mistreat their players....and then cover for him when the truly dirty stuff comes to light as it did twice this past recruiting season.

Grad97 was pretty  much right....no one is totally untouchable but  :devil: has probably the best situation he would ever likely have in college football....an entire state media that is afraid to investiagate his program. 

To grad97's list I would add the HS coaches that allow  :devil: to mistreat their players....and then cover for him when the truly dirty stuff comes to light as it did twice this past recruiting season.

Grad97 was pretty  much right....no one is totally untouchable but  :devil: has probably the best situation he would ever likely have in college football....an entire state media that is afraid to investiagate his program.   

... and a fan base and administration that denies the undeniable until they cannot anymore and then go with 'it is just a business'. 

IMO, if you depend on honest, ethical, and moral behavior to maintain fairness and fair play in general, the combination of Nick Saban and bama will consistently get the best of you because they will take advantage of the intent of the rules, the wording of the rules, and deny they did what they did.

Thigpen is still a coach.  I think you're refering to Lolley.

... and a fan base and administration that denies the undeniable until they cannot anymore and then go with 'it is just a business'. 

IMO, if you depend on honest, ethical, and moral behavior to maintain fairness and fair play in general, the combination of Nick Saban and bama will consistently get the best of you because they will take advantage of the intent of the rules, the wording of the rules, and deny they did what they did.

Ethics is a good description of the difference. Problem is that neither saban, bama, or their fans have ethics when it comes to football.

Archived