Phones

Better phone system?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Better phone system?

• Apple iOS
    • Android

I have an iPhone 4S and I've ran speed tests against the latest droids and my iPhone outperforms theirs. Any thoughts on which is better, in your opinion?

If you're concerned about speed, check out the smoked by windows phone campaign:

They've been putting windows phones against any other mobile phone to perform every day tasks and windows phone has been winning over 90% of the time. 

My wife just got an HTC HD7 windows 7 phone and it is pretty cool I must say. It's a very simple platform and is easy to use. I still like my 4S though.  ;D

The reason I mentioned speed is because everyone at my school swears that droids are faster. Then, once I prove them wrong, they tell me that they can't wait until they can get a new phone. I think I've sold apple 20 phones. Where's my commission? ;D

Hopefully the iPhone 5 will have a 4.3 inch screen when it debuts. The one thing the other phones have over the iPhone is the screen size. Those Super Amoled screens are awesome looking.

Jobs was a fan of the small display so it'll be interesting to see if Cook changes that. I have a feeling he won't, though. I'm looking forward to the Nokia 900 and HTC titan II coming out in a few weeks.

It seems like the young guys here in the Air Force are getting a new phone every time one hits the market. but I have an Iphone 4 and love it, I haven't noticed that there is a speed issue with it at all. it's nice and smooth. this is my second iphone had a 3G before it had some performance issues, but not my 4. Besides android has like a billion phones made by multiple companies. It's hard to keep track of what phone does what. furthermore I don't have to decide which flavor of phone to get, I just ask for the latest Iphone and bam I gets it.

I would like a bigger screen but the one that is there is damn good and crystal clear, I spend a lot of time in doctors’ offices with my wife’s quota of 15 appts a month, well it seems like it's that much. I watch a ton of movies, play games, and read lots of books on it. and I love it. There is no way I would switch to Android phones. too much confusion as to which phone to buy compiled with varying performances depending on the phone.

The only things the iphones have over android phones are safer apps, because all apps have to go through apple where any fool can make an app for andriod and lace it with a virus, and the cloud which is awesome if you know how to use it.  Now having said that any person who is in awe of an iphone needs to get a reality check.  Yes I like them, yes I have had one, the iphone 4s, and yes it is overrated as usual.  I hate the hype the iphone gets when it comes out and the crazy thing is, it is never the best spec phone on the market.  Buy a htc phone or maybe a samsung that is faster overall with more processing power and still does practically all the same things only cheaper, with a warranty, and with a bigger memory capacity, and yes the cloud  is tough to beat IF you know how to use.  I would love for all phones to have the cloud. I got the  iphone 4s from sprint when it came out and took it back because it just wasn't worth using an upgrade on it over my older htc evo. Can not wait for the next htc phone.  Something like the one x for att but better.  One that actually has quad core processors since the american version of the one x is only dual core or I can hope the iphone 5 is just a beast of a phone when it comes out.

I'm an android guy.  Bama fans will be the epitome of class before I but an iPhone.

And what's your reason for not getting an iPhone?

I'm an android guy.  Bama fans will be the epitome of class before I but an iPhone.

I don't like Apple.  I don't like the closed nature of their app store.  Their proprietary anything (give me a PC that I can upgrade and modify)...keep your closed box overpriced Apple computers.  The single button mouse...WTF is the deal with that anyway. The inability to change the operating system GUI of the iPhone, iMac, iBurger, iWhore, whatever product they trot out next.

Have I mentioned I don't like Apple? I don't care that Tim Cook is an Auburn grad.  Jesus Christ himself could be running that company and I still wouldn't buy their products.

I'm patiently waiting for Canon to start offering smartphone service on cameras.  That way, I can make calls and check email on my Canon 7D. 

I don't like Apple.  I don't like the closed nature of their app store.  Their proprietary anything (give me a PC that I can upgrade and modify)...keep your closed box overpriced Apple computers.  The single button mouse...WTF is the deal with that anyway. The inability to change the operating system GUI of the iPhone, iMac, iBurger, iWhore, whatever product they trot out next.

Have I mentioned I don't like Apple? I don't care that Tim Cook is an Auburn grad.  Jesus Christ himself could be running that company and I still wouldn't buy their products.

That is alot of built up hate lol  :laugh: :laugh:

Dude thats a lot of pent up agression, Maybe you should see a shrink for that. The one button mouse can be rreplaced with any mouse you want. I'm not a big fan of apple computers, but I still love my Iphone.

Also there are plenty of ways to chang the GIUI on the iphone, Not that I would want to. I like the way it's set up, plus add in the fact that everyone else is just copying the iphone interface anyway. droid is still playing catch up along with microsoft. everytime Iphone comes out with a new feature droid manufacturers copy it. Hate all you want I still say the Iphone is a better piece of equipment.

I haven't had much experience really none with the I phone.  I wouldn't buy one before because it was only available with ATT and I refuse to use them for cell phone service. Now that it's available with Verizon I will look into it when renewal time comes up.

My reasons for not getting an iPhone

1)Small screen

2)The UI has too much chrome, making the small screen even worse

3)I don't like the single physical button.  this leads to more soft keys, taking away even more screen realestate.I prefer the 3 or 4 button design

4)No live tiles. I have to launch applications to get even basic information

5)Cost. Phones with similar or better specs and features can be had for hundreds less.  I can replace my phones battery for ~$14 compared to $80 for iPhone

6)I found that the Windows Phone OS was much quicker for the large majority of actions I take

7)iPhone doesn't have a very durable screen. Everyone I know who has an iPhone ends up cracking their screen after just a few drops.  I seem to drop my samsung a few times a week on hardwood and slate floors yet I don't have any cracks or scratches in over a year.

8)compatibility.  I have a Zune pass, so I get unlimited music on my phone.  I also use skydrive, office, and xbox360 so I wanted a phone that works seamlessly with that. 

There are plenty of reasons not to get an iPhone.  Spend some time playing with a different phone OS and you'll quickly see that iPhone isn't the only decent smartphone. 

1)Small screen

3)I don't like the single physical button.  this leads to more soft keys, taking away ven more screen realestate.I prefer the 3 or 4 button design

5)Cost. Phones with similar or better specs and features can be had for hundreds less.  I can replace my phones battery for ~$14 compared to $80 for iPhone

6)I found that the Windows Phone OS was much quicker for the large majority of actions I take

7)iPhone doesn't have a very durable screen. Everyone I know who has an iPhone ends up cracking their screen after just a few drops.  I seem to drop my samsung a few times a week on hardwood and slate floors yet I don't have any cracks or scratches in over a year.

8)compatibility.  I have a Zune pass, so I get unlimited music on my phone.  I also use skydrive, office, and xbox360 so I wanted a phone that works seamlessly with that. 

There are plenty of reasons not to get an iPhone.  Spend some time playing with a different phone OS and you'll quickly see that iPhone isn't the only decent smartphone. 

I have had my IPhone 4 for a year now and a 3G for about a year and a half before that. I've dropped them both hundreds if not thousands of times and have never broken the glass. I'm a total clutz when it comes to my phone. Still kicking and not even a scratch.

1)Small screen

3)I don't like the single physical button.  this leads to more soft keys, taking away ven more screen realestate.I prefer the 3 or 4 button design

I have had my IPhone 4 for a year now and a 3G for about a year and a half before that. I've dropped them both hundreds if not thousands of times and have never broken the glass. I'm a total clutz when it comes to my phone. Still kicking and not even a scratch.

In my experiences, with asking numerous people how they broke their iPhone's screen, they say either they dropped it from about 6 feet off the ground and up or they ran over it with a vehicle.

1)Small screen

In my experiences, with asking numerous people how they broke their iPhone's screen, they say either they dropped it from about 6 feet off the ground and up or they ran over it with a vehicle.

My brother dropped his about 3 and a half feet when it broke. Also, if you have kids, you'll need to take in to account that phone's durability.

Archived