AU's Best Chance To Win The BCS Again?

TigerWar

Trovon was a redshirt freshman this year.......which would put him even playtime wise with Keihl

You're right. My apologies.

there is no schedule past 2012 for any SEC teams. The 2012 schedule was a 1 year deal. The SEC "powers" will work on the 2013 and beyond schedules during this year.

So it kinda depends on what SEC chooses to do with the schedules and/or team divisions.  They may choose to do away with the cross rivalry games and no one has a set cross division opponent. Like: AU vs GA. This is so there are 3 different team cross divisional games each year.  This is what I have heard. 

They could move teams around. Hearing possibility of moving AU to West and putting Missouri in East.

I posted this same fact on the first page, apparently no one wants to listen to us Tombstone  :'(

The way CGC and company recruit then the best chance is going to be 2013 - 3 years after coach retires.    Auburn is building something that will have long term success.  IMO Auburn will be in the hunt most years from 2013 on and if you are in the hunt you will get your fair share.

The biggest problems I see in 2013 are replacing Lutz, Blake, and OMac. I think those three alone will make this year's offense amazing.

I think an extra year for the growth of the talented line trumps the loss of those 3. In 2013 your looking at a seasoned O line with top 5-10 players all the way across.The O line (And DTs) are the ones that don't just grow on trees. Look at 2010 - great O line, great DT - Ok the QB was great too.

All 3 (Lutz, Blake, and OMac) can have their production replaced by incoming guys. We're loaded at TE, for example. 

The biggest problems I see in 2013 are replacing Lutz, Blake, and OMac. I think those three alone will make this year's offense amazing.

I agree those three are amazing and will be missed, but when they leave Auburn will be at the point of reloading not rebuilding.  Sort of like when Brown and Williams graduated in 04 and Irons stepped up huge.

there is no schedule past 2012 for any SEC teams. The 2012 schedule was a 1 year deal. The SEC "powers" will work on the 2013 and beyond schedules during this year.

So it kinda depends on what SEC chooses to do with the schedules and/or team divisions.  They may choose to do away with the cross rivalry games and no one has a set cross division opponent. Like: AU vs GA. This is so there are 3 different team cross divisional games each year.  This is what I have heard. 

They could move teams around. Hearing possibility of moving AU to West and putting Missouri in East.

I posted this same fact on the first page, apparently no one wants to listen to us Tombstone  :'(

But it stands to reason that the SEC teams we play regularly will continue on the home-away-home-away rotation, meaning that unless permanent inter-divisional rivalries are done away with (which I don't think will happen), we will play LSU, Georgia, Arkansas, and Texas A&M at home, with Alabama being the only big game on the road, provided we don't play Tennessee or Florida on the road in the rotation of Eastern division teams...and even then, the schedule is more in our favor. That is the point people are making about the scheduling.

In response to my previous comment, everyone made excellent points. We are stacked with talent. By that point, the young players will be sophmores and juniors. Somehow that slipped my mind...?!? :bow:

Archived