AU's Best Chance To Win The BCS Again?

TigerWar

Do you think it falls in 2013 or 2014?

I really feel like we can win it in '14 because Kiehl will be a senior and all these top tier players from these strong recruiting classes will be seasoned vets, especially along the offensive line. Another thing I considered is the schedule falls back in our favor in '14, where as '13 will have us on the road again against some of our toughest competition.

The QB and the "skill" positions get most of the attention but history proves that games and championships are won in the trenches.  If Auburn coaches can recruit as well on the defensive line in '13 as they did on the offensive line this year, '14 will be an amazing year.

I've thought about this a few times, as well. I'd say any year on from now including 2012 our chances go up. In 2014 - big games at home and we'll sophomores - seniors at every position who were top 10 or so at their position when recruited.

2014 - some of the two deep:

OL

Robinson Jr 3 years expereience

Westerman Jr 3 yrs

Dismukes Sr 4 Yrs

Young So 1 yr

Diamond So 1 yr

Specialty players:

Travon Reed Sr 4th year

Blakely, Grant Jr 3rd year

Kiehl F Sr 4th year

D

Pretty much the same way

Now, I think in 2013 we could make a run. Yes, it's our harder schedule. But, LSU had a pretty tough road schedule this year aso it can be done (Hopefully we finish better than they did)

2013 - and on you'll have top players at every position with experience and a very good coaching staff.

How about back to back - 13, 14?

I know 2014 is the next time we'd have a favorable home schedule as the schedule is currently drawn up, but I'm pretty sure the SEC announced that this year's schedule was basically a one-time thing and that subsequent schedules would be structured differently. Personally, I'd much rather us have a more balanced home/away schedule each year (e.g. split the Mississippi schools up so we play one at home and one away each year).

I believe 2014 could be really special because of the schedule. I also think we can make a run in 2013 but to do that we are going to have to be very good on the road. I have no idea where we play A & M that year but unless things change we go to Arkansas and LSU. That won't be easy.

I really feel like we can win it in '14 because Kiehl will be a senior and all these top tier players from these strong recruiting classes will be seasoned vets, especially along the offensive line. Another thing I considered is the schedule falls back in our favor in '14, where as '13 will have us on the road again against some of our toughest competition.

Picking between the two, of course it would have to be '14. However, I think after a '12 campaign where we will see a "lot" of improvement, we now have the talent and depth on this team to be knocking on the door in '13, even with the tougher away games. From here on out we are in a reloading phase every year so its just going to get better.

Who knows?

I'd say we have a chance for any of the next 3 years (including 2012), but it all depends on scheduling and how things come together. Last year we lacked a few things: a confident quarterback, a good 2nd or third recieving target, solid o-line play, a good run blocker out of the back field, a strong pass rush, and a stellar play at linebacker/secondary.

No matter who starts, qb could be significantly better this year with Loeffler teaching them. Our young receivers are now seasoned a year and should improve this year. O-line should be beastly by midseason this year (which will help the running game and the qb play). Prosch will give us a good backfield run blocker. The pass rush started showing up at the end of the season, so I expect that to improve. With CVG, CTT, & CWM I expect secondary play and linebacker play to also be significantly better next year. The only question at this point is "when?" When is everything going to click for the young players? When will our young group of players learn to click perfectly as a team. When that happens, we will be back  in the NCG.

2014. But we should be very good this year also. :wedance:

The way CGC and company recruit then the best chance is going to be 2013 - 3 years after coach retires.    Auburn is building something that will have long term success.  IMO Auburn will be in the hunt most years from 2013 on and if you are in the hunt you will get your fair share.

there is no schedule past 2012 for any SEC teams. The 2012 schedule was a 1 year deal. The SEC "powers" will work on the 2013 and beyond schedules during this year.

So it kinda depends on what SEC chooses to do with the schedules and/or team divisions.  They may choose to do away with the cross rivalry games and no one has a set cross division opponent. Like: AU vs GA. This is so there are 3 different team cross divisional games each year.  This is what I have heard. 

They could move teams around. Hearing possibility of moving AU to West and putting Missouri in East.

I've thought about this a few times, as well. I'd say any year on from now including 2012 our chances go up. In 2014 - big games at home and we'll sophomores - seniors at every position who were top 10 or so at their position when recruited.

2014 - some of the two deep:

OL

Robinson Jr 3 years expereience

Westerman Jr 3 yrs

Dismukes Sr 4 Yrs

Young So 1 yr

Diamond So 1 yr

Specialty players:

Travon Reed Sr 4th year

Blakely, Grant Jr 3rd year

Kiehl F Sr 4th year

D

Pretty much the same way

Now, I think in 2013 we could make a run. Yes, it's our harder schedule. But, LSU had a pretty tough road schedule this year aso it can be done (Hopefully we finish better than they did)

2013 - and on you'll have top players at every position with experience and a very good coaching staff.

How about back to back - 13, 14?

Trovon will be gone. He is a class ahead of Kiehl.

Trovon was a redshirt freshman this year.......which would put him even playtime wise with Keihl

I believe I read that we play @ A&M in 2014.

So you're saying that we have them at home this year and next?

What's the @ symbol mean?

it means we play at Texas A&M, duh

Sarcasm bruh...i read his post wrong. Where's that damn yellow font when I need it.

Why couldn't we make a major run for the national championship in 2013 and 2014? nobody gave us a chance in heck of winning it 2010. But look what we did.  :wareagle:

The way CGC and company recruit then the best chance is going to be 2013 - 3 years after coach retires.    Auburn is building something that will have long term success.  IMO Auburn will be in the hunt most years from 2013 on and if you are in the hunt you will get your fair share.

The biggest problems I see in 2013 are replacing Lutz, Blake, and OMac. I think those three alone will make this year's offense amazing.

The biggest problems I see in 2013 are replacing Lutz, Blake, and OMac. I think those three alone will make this year's offense amazing.

We'll be pretty d@mn stacked at all 3 of those positions for the forseeable future. Lutz's leadership will be hard to replace but we have a TON of talent waiting in the wings.

Archived