Just an interesting note

Rednilla

So I wasn't online at all this weekend, meaning that when I got on this morning and saw that Kozan had committed, I was a bit giddy. I'll admit that I was somewhat expecting it, but it's an awesome piece of news to receive.

Anyway, I went over to rivals just to check out the new rankings and such, and something caught my eye: after a year in which we signed 13 four stars but only two who were rated better than 5.8 (Avery Young and Jaquay Williams were both 5.9), we've already got commitments from two 6.0 four star players and one 5.9 four star player. Of course, this is early enough on that there's no telling where they'll go from here, but it really stood out to me that we've already got those kind of prospects on board. This may well end up being the best recruiting year we've had...and after the last few years, that's a pretty big statement!

Hey Red (or anybody else in the know),

Do you think the ship has sailed on Jayron Kearse or will Auburn try to flip him back from Miami? 

No. Yes.  But not the mostly likely target that's already committed to flip.

Do you think the ship has sailed on Jayron Kearse or will Auburn try to flip him back from Miami? 

I haven't heard anything about Kearse since he flipped. :dunno:

He is planning to camp at Auburn this summer. We've continued recruiting him....

So I wasn't online at all this weekend, meaning that when I got on this morning and saw that Kozan had committed, I was a bit giddy. I'll admit that I was somewhat expecting it, but it's an awesome piece of news to receive.

Anyway, I went over to rivals just to check out the new rankings and such, and something caught my eye: after a year in which we signed 13 four stars but only two who were rated better than 5.8 (Avery Young and Jaquay Williams were both 5.9), we've already got commitments from two 6.0 four star players and one 5.9 four star player. Of course, this is early enough on that there's no telling where they'll go from here, but it really stood out to me that we've already got those kind of prospects on board. This may well end up being the best recruiting year we've had...and after the last few years, that's a pretty big statement!

Red, I was thinking that we might get our BCSNC bump a year late since all the negative press really seemed to steal our momentum last year.  We'll see, but I think this could be a stellar year for us recruiting wise.

My personal opinion is that, from our own perspective, I think that ship has sailed and rightfully so. Too bad for him actually. Since we have so few slots for 2013 and we just received a WR commit, I think of the 8 slots remaining most (5 ish) will go to fill defensive needs.

My personal opinion is that, from our own perspective, I think that ship has sailed and rightfully so. Too bad for him actually. Since we have so few slots for 2013 and we just received a WR commit, I think of the 8 slots remaining most (5 ish) will go to fill defensive needs.

I doubt we'd turn down Kearse at this point, though Robinson was definitely atop our WR list and we got him.

Couldn't agree more. I said it when Trey Johnson and Dee Liner were our only commits -- This is going to be our best class yet! This coaching staff we have in place is the one that will put is in an entirely new status among the elite teams in the country as we'll be good across the board!

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle::wedance:

This is just my opinion and you are welcome to disagree but with the addition of Van Gorder and Martinez I have noticed bigger names on the D side of the ball having us #1 as their top college choices. With GA and FL being fertile recruiting grounds and these two states being their back yard I hope we get some top names to stack our D.

Red, I was thinking that we might get our BCSNC bump a year late since all the negative press really seemed to steal our momentum last year.  We'll see, but I think this could be a stellar year for us recruiting wise.

This sounds plausible to me.

best year is 3 years out, which would be 2014

Sorry but I am confused... what do you mean 8 slots remaining? With the five we have are we only signing eight more?

Wait a minute.  I thought it was like this;

NC in 2010.  so .... (1) 2011, 2 (2012), 3 (2013)

In any case  THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

Because there hasn't been any info regarding him from any of the major sites since his switch. Pops might be assuming that he'll flip back to AU.  :dunno:

NC in 2010.   so .... (1) 2011, 2 (2012), 3 (2013)

the recruiting class that was signed 3 weeks after the game had a negligible affect from us winning.  The relationships had already been established and fortified.  The next year, the year which we could claim all year that we were national champs, should be considered year 1. Therefore, the greatest affect on recruiting should be seen in 2014. 

NC in 2010.   so .... (1) 2011, 2 (2012), 3 (2013)

the recruiting class that was signed 3 weeks after the game had a negligible affect from us winning.  The relationships had already been established and fortified.  The next year, the year which we could claim all year that we were national champs, should be considered year 1. Therefore, the greatest affect on recruiting should be seen in 2014. 

OK. I thought I remembered ellitor saying it the way I did. 

Maybe, as I tell my wife, I went wrong in the first two words "I THOUGHT"!

This is just my opinion and you are welcome to disagree but with the addition of Van Gorder and Martinez I have noticed bigger names on the D side of the ball having us #1 as their top college choices. With GA and FL being fertile recruiting grounds and these two states being their back yard I hope we get some top names to stack our D.

I think they did create a splash/buzz/whatever you want to call it. I feel like we have to back it up on the field this year in order to carry the momentum in recruiting. We have the interest but we need the on field performance to back it up. That doesn't necessarily mean we need x number of wins--just steady progress and improvemet in defensive stats.

Sorry but I am confused... what do you mean 8 slots remaining? With the five we have are we only signing eight more?

Can I ask again?  :wareagle:

Can I ask again?  :wareagle:

Current seniors 13

13 -  5 = 8

Archived