What is the best AU recruiting pay site between...

TigerWar

247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN?

I'm sure this question has been brought up before on AE and I was just wondering what the consensus was. I'm sure each site has its own strengths and weaknesses, but when you factor in the pros and cons of each site, which one is at the top? I would probably rank ESPN #4 out of that list. 247 seems like, at least early in the process with '13 recruiting, has the most updated information, but I read a post on here right before NSD from a guy that was griping that he subscribed to 247 & Phillip Marshall over Rivals and I can't quite remember what he was upset about.

AE is the bomb.com, but I wanted to see how you guys would rank 247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN? If you didn't have a subscription to either and someone was twisting your arm to sign up to just one, which would you choose? Also, how would you rank them from top to bottom?

Would it be -

1. 247

2. Rivals

3. Scout

4. ESPN

???

Everybody has their own opinions about this topic.  It has been discussed many times on here.  Personally, I wouldn't pay for any of them. 

Thanks for your insight.

Just take the money you would pay for one of those "Premium" sites and donate it to AE. 

You will get more recruiting news, more inside info, more coverage.

And this fella:

bigbird.jpg

If you like ultra-conservative politics and religion constantly brought up as if all AU grads have to be that way then Scout is for you. Honestly by the time the mods report news over there it is already on the free boards. They are also very cliquish on scout and most on there have zero sense of humor. The best stuff on scout is from Stattiger and he posts the stuff over here too.

Just take the money you would pay for one of those "Premium" sites and donate it to AE. 

You will get more recruiting news, more inside info, more coverage.

And this fella:

bigbird.jpg

I knew this was coming. Re-read my post again.

Let's all acknowledge that AE is the best thing since sliced bread, but AE has nothing to do with the questions I posed.

If you like ultra-conservative politics and religion constantly brought up as if all AU grads have to be that way then Scout is for you. Honestly by the time the mods report news over there it is already on the free boards. They are also very cliquish on scout and most on there have zero sense of humor. The best stuff on scout is from Stattiger and he posts the stuff over here too.

So how would you rank them from top to bottom? I didn't think StatTiger was allowed to post here anymore.  :dunno:

Definately 247 first...then the rest. I dont even know why someone would pay for espn since they are very broad and cover every d1 team out there.

i think its because they write detailed paragraph evaluations of the players

I love Rivals and 247.

You get the same headlines over here that the paysites get but the paysites have articles to read, player bios, player interviews and videos.  Those sites are better  for a reason ($$$) ....because you pay for them!

I love Rivals and 247.

You get the same headlines over here that the paysites get but the paysites have articles to read, player bios, player interviews and videos.  Those sites are better  for a reason ($$$) ....because you pay for them!

Thank you for your well thought out answer. I really do appreciate it. How would you rank them from top to bottom? I presumed that Rivals and 247 were the best, but was curious which one most people consider #1 and why. Which is your number 1 and what gives them the edge in your opinion?

Personally, I wouldn't pay for any of them. 

I'm glad somebody does, or otherwise we wouldn't have any recruiting updates here.

If none of those sites existed, it would suck imo.

247 is my personal favorite. BM is good at what he does and if he provides solid info. I like Rivals layout but that's about it. JLee is one of the least credible guys for Auburn recruiting.

This seems to be the consensus

247 is the best by far. Rivals' layout is screwy which makes it harder to find the updates. Scout's layout is a little better but doesn't offer as many updates. ESPN should not even be considered. They don't put much effort into their recruiting info.

But if you donate the money here instead of paying there, then you will still be updated on everything the pay sites post. Plus you will get the extra info without the hassle of the pointless articles that are just posted to sell subscriptions. You will also not get locked out if you can't make the payment on time. Reading the articles 10 minutes before their info makes it here, is not worth $10 a month.

I have been wondering the same thing to be honest with you.  I paid for rivals for the past 3 or 4 years, and my subscription just ran out.  I haven't re-upped, and am thinking of going with 247 now.  BM seems to be a step ahead with the recruiting news, and doesn't just tell everybody what they want to hear.  JLee has disappointed me because he tends to get your hopes up on recruits that are REAL long shots, and is routinely shocked when guys he puts as 95% locks to Auburn go on a visit and commit elsewhere.

First and foremost;  if you're here, donate.   If you have money left, subscribe to 247.  They are doing a masterful job with newsworthy articles on anything AU related.  BM and PM are working their butts off to beat Rivals to the punch.   However, when it comes to message boards, AE is head and shoulders above all the others.  247, on the Bodda Getta forum, starts with the first post to last.  Here, the most recent is posted first.  Much more efficient and easier to keep refreshed our way.  Sure, we have a lot of sillingness, a whole lot of bickering, but also a lot of information.  Even the Bodda Getta gets testy, much more than here, because our Mods, while sometimes heavy-handed, do control the flow of the thread.  Lastly, if you're here, donate.  Or did I say that already??

While definitely conservative in terms of scoops and rumors, Mark Murphy is by FAR, by FAR the most accurate and most reliable.  If you are going to pay for a premium service and only want solid, credible info, then Mark Murphy is easily the best and most professional choice.  Rivals with JLee and 247 with PM and Bryan Matthews do not compare.

wde

Archived