Auburn football record prediction

Wareagletd

Record for 2012 (end of the world)  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Record for 2012 (end of the world)

• 14-0
    • 10-12 wins
    • 8-9 wins

I don't want to sound like I'm pumping sunshine. But I honestly think we could win it all in 2012. Everything might fall into place again. Especially with us playing LSU early in the year. War Eagle. Gimme your thoughts.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so hard for me to make a prediction when I have no idea what we will get from the QB position. It's the most important position on a team and it's a big question mark right now.

Agree that it could go that way, if we get good QB play. That is not a given at this point. I don't see any reason why we can't win at least 10 games. The SEC West can be ours this year, and if we can win the West, we can win it all.

Agree that it could go that way, if we get good QB play. That is not a given at this point. I don't see any reason why we can't win at least 10 games. The SEC West can be ours this year, and if we can win the West, we can win it all.

Exactly what I was thinking. I think CSL will have our QBs ready to play. The D should be outstanding too. The toughest game will be @ bama though.

It's so hard for me to make a prediction when I have no idea what we will get from the QB position. It's the most important position on a team and it's a big question mark right now.

I felt the same way going into the 2010 season, and I gave the same prediction that year as I will this year:  10 wins and the bowl game.  I hope I'm wrong again :thumbsup:

A win over Clemson will dictate a lot, and show where we are headed. I'm not ready to mark down LSU and UAT as wins until I see better play next year, but those are the only two I'm not yet convinced this team can beat. Clemson, Arkansas and Georgia are all more than beatable by our talent, coaching and soon-to-be experience.

I think we win 9-10 regular season, but if we somehow make it through the first five weeks without a loss, then watch out. I feel very good that this team is going to get better as the season progresses, and if we make it past Arkansas unscathed, then we might be looking at another dream season.

I think we will probably lose at least one of Clemson, LSU, and Arkansas, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a letdown in Oxford in week 6, because it would be easy for the team to relax after that stretch and let Ole Miss sneak up on them.

I don't think we lose again, though. I think by the time we hit Amen Corner (even if it is three games long these days), the team is going to be clicking on all cylinders. That is why I feel like we'll have an outstanding chance to go all the way if we make it through the first five weeks and avoid a letdown in week 6.

14-0. Western Division Champs, SEC Champs, National Champs. My predictions don't change just like the expectations of our coaching staff and players doesn't change. War Eagle.

Our Offense will be fine. How many wins we get will all hinge on if and how much our Defense improves. If our Defense can keep the other teams to 21 points instead of 28 then we will win 9. If they can keep them closer to 15 then will win 10 or 11 at the most. If our Defense doesn't improve we will have another year like this.

Worst         8-5

Best          11-2

My Guess : 10-3

I pretty much agree with Rednilla. If we get some breaks early and get to mid season unbeaten we have a chance to win out.

I think the play of the O line is more important than the QB play this year. If the O line can really make some big holes we have enough of a running game to lean on while the passing game comes along. The O line can get our stable of excellent backs picking up 150 yards a game then the passing only needs to be ok and improve each week. By week 6-7-8 or so the passing will have improved immensely and we will be very balanced and down right hard to handle.

The other key are D linemen - pressure on the QB (sacks and hurries), stop any running game.

If the O lone and D line as units - and yes, I am aware we'll be starting a few RSF on the O line - improve and really make a mark then we can easily win 11 games or more.

If the O line and D line continue to look young and get pushed around then we'll be happy with 9.

I predict: The O line surprises everyone and we rush for near 200 yards a game the first half of the season; The D tackles - Whitaker, Wright, Carter and Blackson platoon to be a very stiff unit allowing the LBs to grow up. 11 Wins + a bowl game with 1 loss from the usual suspects - Clemson, LSU, Arkansas, or Bama

Interestingly, a few good bounces, some unusually good team chemistry and/or a huge year from a couple guys could make this a 2004/2010 type season.

Question - what did those teams have in common? - a few stars, great team chemistry, good defense and Coach Gene Chizik - {they also had a lot of experience which we'll be short on but lets not get semantic.}

I'll have to see something out of our OL before I'll expect anything better than last year. We'll likely have at least two people starting on the OL who have never played a down of college football before and with Clemson, LSU, and Arkansas in the first five games of the season is going to be very tough. On top of that we really have no idea what we'll get from the QB position. Even if Mosely starts he looked so different from the Ol Miss game to the rest of his starts that I really don't know what he brings to the table. Now if we do get to 5-0 or 4-1 then that ball that is momentum could start rolling and we could have a really great year. But starting the season 2-3 is also a STRONG possibility and then that ball could start rolling the other way. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out though

:we:

7 -9 plus bowl win. Auburn will close the gap on lsu, uga and ua, t(eabaggers) but still lose. The games against ark and tamu will be tossups. Auburn will win the rest. The oline will be very green and we still don't know what to expect from the qb position.

I predicted Auburn to go undefeated in 2004.  I was right.

I predicted Auburn to go undefeated in 2008.  (Cough...)  I was wrong.

I predicted Auburn to go undefeated in 2010.  I was right. 

My early prediction this year: Auburn will go undefeated in 2012. 

(I do retain the right to change my mind depending on injuries, attrition, etc... before the season begins.)

I am not going to make any assumptions until I see the first game for the 2012 season.

Clemson - Toss Up

MSU - Win

ULM - Win

LSU - Loss

Arkansas Toss Up

Ole Miss - Win

Vandy - Win

A&M - Win

NMS - Win

Dawgs - Toss Up

Al A&M - Win

Bammers - Loss