Ideas That Would Stir Up Recruiting Excitement...

TigerWar

why waste time removing it?

Do you need to look up the definition of the word "stripper"?

Yes,I did look it up and to my surprise,it can be alot quicker than sanding.......wow

Yeah, but that just makes sense. If you need the sander, it means you're getting sandbagged, and that's kinda the opposite of what we're talking about isn't it? :tease:

I'd rather be sandbagged than teabagged.  :-X

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes,I did look it up and to my surprise,it can be alot quicker than sanding.......wow

Yeah, but that just makes sense. If you need the sander, it means you're getting sandbagged, and that's kinda the opposite of what we're talking about isn't it? :tease:

I'd rather be sandbagged than teabagged.   :-X

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too lazy to see if anyone has mentioned but we need more web presence specifically for football and recruits. coach saban's page is thuggish and doesn't appeal to me but I'm certain 18 yr old football recruits love it. We need one for CGC--just not like Saban's. We need more web presence!

I'd rather be sandbagged than teabagged.   :-X

:laugh::bow::thumbsup:

And to answer a previous poster's question about the names and numbers being small, I believe I remember it being explained that there was a noticeable difference in the way the jersey breathed, and the players prefer the smaller numbers/names. If I am remembering correctly, then I'd prefer the names and numbers stay small, because I'd rather the players be comfortable than me be able to make out which player is which better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEORGE: Well, they get very hot with the larger numbers and names.  I think they would prefer smaller.

CHIZIK: Smaller numbers and names, huh?

GEORGE: Yeah. Smaller numbers and names breathe, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier. They're gonna play better.

War Eagle

This may be a stretch.  I give it a shot anyways.  A website were recruits and their families could go and read positive stuff about our school.  Have it strictly for AU family members that way updyke trolls couldn't come in and post negative things about our university or recruits.  :thumbsup:

It is no secret that last year teams were negatively recruiting against us.  That we have no control over.  What we do have control over is the stuff that is seen on this site.  They called us a glass house.  I'm sure after they were told that parents would look around and maybe happen to find this site.  It hurts me to say this, but several times this past year even on this site there was numerous negative comments about our own.  I challenge everybody to refrain from posting negativity on this site.  If you do have something negative to say just keep it away from this site.  I used to think that if kids parents would just read this site they could see how great this family is.  Several times this year that was not the case actually it was just the opposite.  War Eagle and God Bless!!!

Which is what I have taken to calling their more obnoxious fans, a "bagger" without the tea . Bammer, bagger, it's very close and I hope it catches on. They don't seem to like it very much and for any of them that love to use the word "barner"  I have reserved  the term "bagger". It is very fitting.

;D 

Which is what I have taken to calling their more obnoxious fans, a "bagger" without the tea . Bammer, bagger, it's very close and I hope it catches on. They don't seem to like it very much and for any of them that love to use the word "barner"  I have reserved  the term "bagger". It is very fitting.

;D 

That's great! Ima have to start using that...

Think about the guy you know that can meet any girl in a bar and leave with her. Recruiting is no different. These guys follow very simple Sales techniques. Get them to agree to small things first and avoid having them make bigger decisions....make it for them by assuming it has been agreed to already. Recruiting can be very similar. The sleazy guy at the bar, the sleazy salesman, the sleazy recruiter all work this way.

Think about successful companies and product lines. One way to garner success is to come up with a way for customers to take interest in your product but can not be easily copied. This second part is key. CAN NOT BE EASILY COPIED. This is very hard to do. Almost anything you do can be copied unless your DNA enables you to do something others don't. For Example "the Family" recruiting practices at Auburn have been successful b/c Chiz ingeniously focused on a characteristic that has some level of uniqueness at Auburn.

With this in mind, here are some ideas:

1) Video on nationally successful previous students - Apple CEO, Bo, Barkley, Astronauts, Jimmy Rains, etc

--Not too hard to copy but CEO of Apple should have some cache right now.

2) Partner with these CEO's/Companies. When players come in show them a good time but also give them a lab using these products to "create something". IE: Have them work in a small group to design an IPAD app. Set it up so they will be successful and have a good time. Get them working as a team together and seeing them selves successful and doing "scholastic" work at Auburn

Partner with Jimmy Rains/Yellow wood and Habitat for Humanity and have these guys work for 4 hours as a team building a shed or wood swing set for a house. Have them working together and doing community work and all the time point out that these are Auburn grads who created the great companies

Partner with Under Armour and have these guys come up with a marketing campaign...maybe shoot a commercial and make a potential commercial for UA.

These all could be copied but who would? These sound crazy on the surface...putting your recruits to work. But it might stand out to a recruit and have some psychological impact other than comparing which place had the best shrimp cocktail or where he had the best night out on the town.

Too lazy to see if anyone has mentioned but we need more web presence specifically for football and recruits. coach saban's page is thuggish and doesn't appeal to me but I'm certain 18 yr old football recruits love it. We need one for CGC--just not like Saban's. We need more web presence!

www.AuburnWarEagle.com

I agree with some of the earlier sentiment about gimmicky events and publicity stunts. They were more necessary in Coach Chizik's early days, when he wanted to generate a lot of interest very quickly. We now have a tradition of winning in his tenure, so a lot of the work is done.

I do like some ideas, including the uniform change once every year or two. There have been plenty of concept designs out there that retained the classic elements of traditional uniforms. Giving the players what they want one game a year isn't too much for the fans to "give up."

I also agree about the web presence. I don't think we are doing poorly in this regard, but strong and positive web presence cannot be undervalued or forgotten.

Archived