Ideas That Would Stir Up Recruiting Excitement...

TigerWar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why waste time removing it?

Do you need to look up the definition of the word "stripper"?

don't let the plumage frighten you.

It's not the plumage - it's what's UNDER the plumage!     ;D

now why are thinking of that?  I feel violated :(

I'd rather participate than sit on the sidelines

But in order to get a job in the industry, you first have to have an audience that actually wants to see what you've got...

make a app for a Android phone like "action movie fx"  apps for i-phones, except have Auburn players or logo......not the missiles, falling rocks or wrecking cars doing the damage.  just a thought

:aufb:  I am an old alumni..but a couple of things to stir up recruitment..1) pick 2 high school coaches to coach in A-day game; 2)  bring old players and introduce them at half time; 3) bring in football alumni playing in the nfl and let them coach during Jr. days ( bring Cam ,Ronnie Brown,etc, back to coach during high school summer camps).

4)  publish articles about former players in local papers.

:aufb:  I am an old alumni..but a couple of things to stir up recruitment..1) pick 2 high school coaches to coach in A-day game; 2)  bring old players and introduce them at half time; 3) bring in football alumni playing in the nfl and let them coach during Jr. days ( bring Cam ,Ronnie Brown,etc, back to coach during high school summer camps).

4)  publish articles about former players in local papers.

I like all of it except for the first one; the spring game is set up to entertain the crowd while not really giving anything away to opposing teams who might be trying to glean information. If high school coaches were to coach, it would be entirely different...not to mention the issues with getting the right plays called with the right terminology, etc.

The other ideas are great though! :thumbsup:

Okay, here's my idea --

I think the athletic department upon the initiation of the coaching staff, should create a nice glossy program that's titled "The Auburn Spirit...'What the Auburn Family Truly Means'" and have multiple stories like Shon Coleman's on how the Auburn family rallied around him. It could feature all kind of stories about our past and present student-athletes and their take on what makes Auburn so special and different from any other place in the country. We could also have a website devoted to this.

Each recruit and their parents would be given one of these The Auburn Spirit-The Auburn Family programs and encouraged to visit the website, so they could read firsthand that "Auburn Family" is just not some catch phrase that we on the plains like to throw around ever so often, but something that has true meaning and is in the heart of every Auburn man, woman, and child.

More than anything, I think something like this would leave a HUGE impression on the recruits' parents which in turn would have a direct effect on the recruits themselves.

And another idea --

Come up with a program that would make Auburn the top place to go for Coaching Clinics for High School Coaches. Auburn should come up with a camp so to speak for the top high school coaches around the southeast and make it a tradition of being the very best at it.

Not bad ideas, TW.

I know the Alumni and most of the Auburn family will shoot this down quick but how about modernizing the jerseys for the SEC opener or for the Clemson game? Look at the publicity Oregon and Maryland get...any publicity is a good thing. Whens the last time you heard about Maryland landing a 5 star? Sometimes ESPN will devote a small segment on air or on the website to Jersey changes. It's innovative and wouldn't do anything but help. What do you guys think? 

Would someone please explain to me what the h_ _ _ is wrong with our uniforms. We don`t need gimmicky uniforms to recruit; sure helped Maryland this year by moving them into the 40`s even with Diggs. When was the last time Maryland was even relevent to any sports conversation. Most of the country laughed out loud at those uniforms. And Oregon can`t even match the colors some weeks. Just saying that is not what AUBURN is about guys. My personal opinion.

There's nothing wrong with our uniforms, and I would absolutely not want to see us in anything other than the classic set against Clemson, but I do think it'd be cool to have one alternate uniform day a year or something. Nothing too drastic, just something to shake it up and give Under Armour a chance to throw in a twist or two.

And to answer a previous poster's question about the names and numbers being small, I believe I remember it being explained that there was a noticeable difference in the way the jersey breathed, and the players prefer the smaller numbers/names. If I am remembering correctly, then I'd prefer the names and numbers stay small, because I'd rather the players be comfortable than me be able to make out which player is which better.

Nah...Lutz is the reason the names and numbers are smaller.  We shoud just abbreviate his name if we want to go back to bigger names and numbers.

I know the Alumni and most of the Auburn family will shoot this down quick but how about modernizing the jerseys for the SEC opener or for the Clemson game? Look at the publicity Oregon and Maryland get...any publicity is a good thing. Whens the last time you heard about Maryland landing a 5 star? Sometimes ESPN will devote a small segment on air or on the website to Jersey changes. It's innovative and wouldn't do anything but help. What do you guys think? 

Would someone please explain to me what the h_ _ _ is wrong with our uniforms. We don`t need gimmicky uniforms to recruit; sure helped Maryland this year by moving them into the 40`s even with Diggs. When was the last time Maryland was even relevent to any sports conversation. Most of the country laughed out loud at those uniforms. And Oregon can`t even match the colors some weeks. Just saying that is not what AUBURN is about guys. My personal opinion.

There's nothing wrong with our uniforms, and I would absolutely not want to see us in anything other than the classic set against Clemson, but I do think it'd be cool to have one alternate uniform day a year or something. Nothing too drastic, just something to shake it up and give Under Armour a chance to throw in a twist or two.

And to answer a previous poster's question about the names and numbers being small, I believe I remember it being explained that there was a noticeable difference in the way the jersey breathed, and the players prefer the smaller numbers/names. If I am remembering correctly, then I'd prefer the names and numbers stay small, because I'd rather the players be comfortable than me be able to make out which player is which better.

Nah...Lutz is the reason the names and numbers are smaller.  We shoud just abbreviate his name if we want to go back to bigger names and numbers.

:laugh:

Ideas That Would Stir Up Recruiting Excitement.....  Sell out A-Day.  Every time uat sells out and Auburn leaves the upper decks empty it sends a message to recruits.    I understand the demagraphics of the State and how more people are bamma fans, but the message is still being sent. 

AMEN!!! I realize we all employ (or know someone who does) Bammers. We need to make sure they have OT on UA day and even game days! I'm all about taking advantage of this. Am I the only one?

:zapbama:

Ideas That Would Stir Up Recruiting Excitement..... Sell out A-Day. Every time uat sells out and Auburn leaves the upper decks empty it sends a message to recruits. I understand the demagraphics of the State and how more people are bamma fans, but the message is still being sent.

No way we will ever have a packed house for ADay. I think we had aroun 68000 in 2010 which was second in total attendance that year. uat's ADay is free but ask for a donation for whatever cause is relevant at the time. In 09 they had over 100k come, yet only raised around $32000 for Enterprise HS. Our fan base is so spread out, and I can understand why some people may not want to drive from Atl. for a practice.

Ideas That Would Stir Up Recruiting Excitement.....   Sell out A-Day.  Every time uat sells out and Auburn leaves the upper decks empty it sends a message to recruits.    I understand the demagraphics of the State and how more people are bamma fans, but the message is still being sent.  

UAT doesn't "sell out", they just fill the stadium. There's no charge for the spring game; most of their fans wouldn't go if there was.

I'm not one for gimmicks (maybe I'm getting too old)....

Put a championship contending product on the field consistently, funnel players to the NFL and the recruiting will take care of itself, IMO.

ditto.

Yes,I did look it up and to my surprise,it can be alot quicker than sanding.......wow

Yes,I did look it up and to my surprise,it can be alot quicker than sanding.......wow

Yeah, but that just makes sense. If you need the sander, it means you're getting sandbagged, and that's kinda the opposite of what we're talking about isn't it? :tease:

Yeah, but that just makes sense. If you need the sander, it means you're getting sandbagged, and that's kinda the opposite of what we're talking about isn't it? :tease:

:o  you can get bags for the sander?

Archived