Ideas That Would Stir Up Recruiting Excitement...

TigerWar

for Auburn?

When our current coaching staff first arrived on the plains, Chizik said that they had a meeting, sitting around at a table to brainstorm in an effort to come up with different ways to stir up excitement in recruiting for 16-18 year olds. Out of those meetings, things like Tiger Prowl, Billboards, and Big Cat Weekend were birthed and the nation took notice as articles were written from across the country about our recruiting prowess and at one time the top 3 runningbacks in the nation had AU at #1. However, our opposition obviously got their panties in a wad and complained enough before the NCAA came down on the Tiger Prowl.

So, with that being said, I was thinking that we could have our own little board room meeting to see what kind of ideas we could come up with here at AE that could spark excitement surrounding Auburn recruiting. You never know, the best ideas could pique the interest of our coaching staff.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one for gimmicks (maybe I'm getting too old)....

Put a championship contending product on the field consistently, funnel players to the NFL and the recruiting will take care of itself, IMO.

Put a championship contending product on the field consistantly, funnel players to the NFL and the recruiting will take care of itself, IMO.

Remember, we're recruiting 15,16,17 and 18 year olds; not old farts.

Dodge Chargers, office jobs for girlfriends, house sitting jobs and free rental cars for mommas, cash on the side and free suits for signed jerseys, deep sea fishing trips, hook signees up with "roommates" who have rich booster parents, get local police to cover up criminal offenses for the really good players, use "advertising agency" to funnel money to local and nationwide sports media to buy coverage that promotes our school and reports lies and rumors about our rivals.....just came up with these while brainstorming in my office. 

Dodge Chargers, office jobs for girlfriends, house sitting jobs and free rental cars for mommas, cash on the side and free suits for signed jerseys, deep sea fishing trips, hook signees up with "roommates" who have rich booster parents, get local police to cover up criminal offenses for the really good players, use "advertising agency" to funnel money to local and nationwide sports media to buy coverage that promotes our school and reports lies and rumors about our rivals.....just came up with these while brainstorming in my office. 

I like it. However we do have an Auburn grad sitting as Apple CEO

Free Macbooks, Ipads, Iphones, and Ipods to all visiting prospects.

Put a championship contending product on the field consistantly, funnel players to the NFL and the recruiting will take care of itself, IMO.

Remember, we're recruiting 15,16,17 and 18 year olds; not old farts.

Which is why we need to win consistently...so that no matter when they come along, they will see us being successful.

Now that is just crazy talk.  We know these things would not be considered by Auburn, muc less anyone else in this industry, as it would be too easy to spot and the NCAA would be all over it!

1) Get All the current players in the NFL and retired to come to AU often during recruiting weekends and games.

2) Uniform change for one game only. (small change nothing crazy, we hate this but the HS players love it and the

Harvey Teabaggers will never do this... ever, might give us a small edge)

3) Better intro song.

4) Keep all the locker rooms and football areas (meeting rooms) up to date with all the latest tech equipment and   furnishings to keep a edgy look and feel.

5) Update the stadium, I think that it is a little dated, don't think we need to expand it just modern up the style.

6) Make some cooler AU gear with UnderArmor to give AU that style edge so people will want to wear it more.

7) More hat designs make some that are very limited edition that are hard to get and the coaches only hand them out.

8) Make AU apps geared to HS players, news info vids type stuff.

9) AU football web site with pics and vid of each player. HS players would love their own webpage, they could edit (with admin approval)

10) Recruit honestly and with respect to every player and family member. (I know we do this but you can['t repeat it enough)

Just shooting ideas off the top of my head assuming none of these are any type of violation or wonders into gray areas of the NCAA recruiting guidelines.

War Eagle.

Pfft...like that would ever work.

Signed,

Tom Al-Betar

I like it. However we do have an Auburn grad sitting as Apple CEO

Free Macbooks, Ipads, Iphones, and Ipods to all visiting prospects.

Better yet since Bammers "claim" Auburn is "cult like" the CEO should embed a subliminal message in every Ipod built that will stir all recruits our way!   :happydance:

I know the Alumni and most of the Auburn family will shoot this down quick but how about modernizing the jerseys for the SEC opener or for the Clemson game? Look at the publicity Oregon and Maryland get...any publicity is a good thing. Whens the last time you heard about Maryland landing a 5 star? Sometimes ESPN will devote a small segment on air or on the website to Jersey changes. It's innovative and wouldn't do anything but help. What do you guys think? 

for Auburn?

When our current coaching staff first arrived on the plains, Chizik said that they had a meeting, sitting around at a table to brainstorm in an effort to come up with different ways to stir up excitement in recruiting for 16-18 year olds. Out of those meetings, things like Tiger Prowl, Billboards, and Big Cat Weekend were birthed and the nation took notice as articles were written from across the country about our recruiting prowess and at one time the top 3 runningbacks in the nation had AU at #1. However, our opposition obviously got their panties in a wad and complained enough before the NCAA came down on the Tiger Prowl.

So, with that being said, I was thinking that we could have our own little board room meeting to see what kind of ideas we could come up with here at AE that could spark excitement surrounding Auburn recruiting. You never know, the best ideas could pique the interest of our coaching staff.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I read that under the new proposed NCAA rules, Tiger Prowl would be permissable. So much for how "terrible" that was.

good ideas.  it aggrivates the crap out of me that i go into dicks or other sporting goods stores in atlanta and the UA section has NOTHING Auburn.  at minimum, they could do some cool gear with the auburn color scheme.

1) Get All the current players in the NFL and retired to come to AU often during recruiting weekends and games.

2) Uniform change for one game only. (small change nothing crazy, we hate this but the HS players love it and the

3) Better intro song.

4) Keep all the locker rooms and football areas (meeting rooms) up to date with all the latest tech equipment and   furnishings to keep a edgy look and feel.

5) Update the stadium, I think that it is a little dated, don't think we need to expand it just modern up the style.

6) Make some cooler AU gear with UnderArmor to give AU that style edge so people will want to wear it more.

7) More hat designs make some that are very limited edition that are hard to get and the coaches only hand them out.

9) AU football web site with pics and vid of each player. HS players would love their own webpage, they could edit (with admin approval)

10) Recruit honestly and with respect to every player and family member. (I know we do this but you can['t repeat it enough)

Just shooting ideas off the top of my head assuming none of these are any type of violation or wonders into gray areas of the NCAA recruiting guidelines.

War Eagle.

I know the Alumni and most of the Auburn family will shoot this down quick but how about modernizing the jerseys for the SEC opener or for the Clemson game? Look at the publicity Oregon and Maryland get...any publicity is a good thing. Whens the last time you heard about Maryland landing a 5 star? Sometimes ESPN will devote a small segment on air or on the website to Jersey changes. It's innovative and wouldn't do anything but help. What do you guys think? 

I am old school and would never want to permanently change the classic AU unis we have now which I think are the best looking unis in CFB. But, I am actually beginning to lean in the direction of a concept uniform and helmet for 1 game a year if the young peeps like it. Nothing too outlandish like those awful Maryland or Georgia unis but something subtle and with style that the young kids would still like. 

3) Better intro song.

War Eagle.

Some very good ideas here.

3) Better intro song.

War Eagle.

:-X

3) Better intro song.

War Eagle.

Yeah, I actually like the modernizations that have already been made. I do think we should expand, but more like to 95,000 than 100K. I also wish we would put in actual seats, like at Turner Field, instead of those bleachers that are there now. But honestly I think they've done an outstanding job of beautifying the entire campus the last few years.

3) Better intro song.

War Eagle.

Yeah, I actually like the modernizations that have already been made. I do think we should expand, but more like to 95,000 than 100K. I also wish we would put in actual seats, like at Turner Field, instead of those bleachers that are there now. But honestly I think they've done an outstanding job of beautifying the entire campus the last few years.

I agree.

3) Better intro song.

War Eagle.

2) uat had a nike procombat deal a couple of years ago, and white helmets off and on throughout their history. They actually have had more uniforms change than us. I'd be all for and orange jersey (all the other sport teams have one). No blue pants or helmet. JMO

6) I live in Auburn. They have pretty good UA gear here, do other areas not get the same?

5) I agree. Bricking up the open areas would look good. An upper deck above the endzone opposite the students would be nice. You could put a in a few luxury boxes. See below.

7) The hats that the coaches have are the ones that everyone wants, so it wouldn't be a good buisness move for  UA to not have them for the general public.

Would someone please explain to me what the h_ _ _ is wrong with our uniforms. We don`t need gimmicky uniforms to recruit; sure helped Maryland this year by moving them into the 40`s even with Diggs. When was the last time Maryland was even relevent to any sports conversation. Most of the country laughed out loud at those uniforms. And Oregon can`t even match the colors some weeks. Just saying that is not what AUBURN is about guys. My personal opinion.

Would someone please explain to me what the h_ _ _ is wrong with our uniforms. We don`t need gimmicky uniforms to recruit; sure helped Maryland this year by moving them into the 40`s even with Diggs. When was the last time Maryland was even relevent to any sports conversation. Most of the country laughed out loud at those uniforms. And Oregon can`t even match the colors some weeks. Just saying that is not what AUBURN is about guys. My personal opinion.

It's all about exposure. BSPN talked about the Maryland unis for the entire season. Maryland had the exposure, they just didn't grab it and run with it. I wish the numbers and names on our jerseys would be larger.

Probably 1983 when they were one of 9 top 20 teams on Auburn's 'toughest in the nation' schedule.

It's all about exposure. BSPN talked about the Maryland unis for the entire season. Maryland had the exposure, they just didn't grab it and run with it. I wish the numbers and names on our jerseys would be larger.

They talked about how ridiculous they looked. Don't know if that's a good thing. They talked about LSU, uat, and Okie st. all year too. Because they were winning. I'd rather Auburn be talked about for winning rather than gimmick jerseys.

Archived