My Predictions

Jonesy

These are my predictions based on information I have received first hand and through various websites and opinions I trust. I am not the end all and to be completely honest, I've never felt worse about a set of final predictions than I do this year, that said, these are my brave predictions for Wednesday.

I have Auburn finishing with

"Commited" recruits:

Louis

J. Williams

Uncommitted recruits:

Darby

Moore

Young

Adams

Alexander

L. Williams

Torn on:

Goldman - I think it's FSU.

Results: Red= Miss. Orange= hit.

Notes:

I feel the least confident about L. Williams and Alexander. L. Williams recently had some major headline grabbing news come out that he eliminated Auburn. This caught on quickly almost everywhere which meant the person whom started it is generally well trusted. While it was shot down, I still have concerns. However, most other news is favorable for Auburn.

Kwon Alexander is another story. I feel LSU is moving on which leaves us with the only other school that ever mattered anyways, Alabama. Conflicting reports are out on whether Alexander has an offer in hand, so I'm going on what I knew to be good info before yesterday.

Finally, Goldman. Nobody will know until he announces. Reports of Auburn being in good shape rung out long before this past weekend and I expect that to remain true. However, I'm torn between two good sources saying two different things. We will see, but my prized 6 pack of beer is on FSU.

Feel free to hate/flame me when I'm completely wrong Wednesday.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we manage half the guys you predict, plus a few other solid players, I will still be happy.

Can't hate/flame ya for wearing some O&B glasses...

:believe:      :wareagle:

Yep, kinda along the lines I was thinking. I think that Chiz and Co. will have a few cards up their sleeves on NSD to make up for what the dealer has thrown our way.

If we manage half the guys you predict, plus a few other solid players, I will still be happy.

They're not that orange and blue. I just don't like using percentages. L Williams and Aexander are dangerously close to not appearing on my list at all. Just take that FWIW.

They're not that orange and blue. I just don't like using percentages. L Williams and Aexander are dangerously close to not appearing on my list at all. Just take that FWIW.

I feel ya man...And I know what you mean. THe few predictions I have made are always changing due to those guys.

These are my predictions based on information I have received first hand and through various websites and opinions I trust. I am not the end all and to be completely honest, I've never felt worse about a set of final predictions than I do this year, that said, these are my brave predictions for Wednesday.

I have Auburn finishing with

"Commited" recruits:

Louis

J. Williams

Uncommitted recruits:

Darby

Moore

Young

Adams

Alexander

L. Williams

Torn on:

Goldman - I think it's FSU.

Notes:

I feel the least confident about L. Williams and Alexander. L. Williams recently had some major headline grabbing news come out that he eliminated Auburn. This caught on quickly almost everywhere which meant the person whom started it is generally well trusted. While it was shot down, I still have concerns. However, most other news is favorable for Auburn.

Kwon Alexander is another story. I feel LSU is moving on which leaves us with the only other school that ever mattered anyways, Alabama. Conflicting reports are out on whether Alexander has an offer in hand, so I'm going on what I knew to be good info before yesterday.

Finally, Goldman. Nobody will know until he announces. Reports of Auburn being in good shape rung out long before this past weekend and I expect that to remain true. However, I'm torn between two good sources saying two different things. We will see, but my prized 6 pack of beer is on FSU.

Feel free to hate/flame me when I'm completely wrong Wednesday.

Thanks Jonesy. Understand the disclaimers, but you're still one of the most accurate prognosticators on AE. Appreciate this post and WDE!

I'd be more than happy with that haul. Out of Young, Kwon, and L. Williams, I'd be OK with two of them. Right now, my prediction is one of them.  

Understandable. This is a tough year to predict a class. I'm actually glad people don't pay for my opinion. I don't envy the pay site guys right now.

What about Diggs? Or are you going to wait til February 9th to give a prediction on him?

Here are mine. Of the 11 players still on our board, we get #s 1,3,4,5,8,9,&11.  #s 2 & 6 go to rival teams.  #7 fails to qualify, and #10 postpones his decision until mid March.

If we were sure of where everyone was going, we wouldn't have anything to look forward to on NSD would we?

For sure

I think Diggs goes to Florida. I would put him around 20% for a ton of reasons.

If no Diggs, what about the Peterson kid from Etowah?

Peterson and Brown are two kids I know nothing about and it's too late for me to try to set up lines of communication with them. I think Brown goes to MSU, though.

We get everyone on this list= top 5 class again!

Thanks Jonesy!

Very possible on scout. Not likely on the other 3 services. More like top 8 on them.

Peterson and Brown are two kids I know nothing about and it's too late for me to try to set up lines of communication with them. I think Brown goes to MSU, though.

Thanks Jonesy. You are a good source. No sunshine and no negativity; just shooting it from the hip. I really wanted Neek though, or whatever his nickname is.

Solid/realistic list, IMO.  I'm wondering how you've managed to feel good about Avery Young? I kind of place him with the Williams, Alexander, Goldman group as far as nobody knows.  But I'm hoping you've heard more on him  I know you've already said so, but just confirming, you think we have a better chance to landing Young than Williams or Alexander?

We get everyone on this list= top 5 class again!

Thanks Jonesy!

We get everyone on this list= top 15 class again! FTFY You missed a 1.

You should go back to last 2 years lists and take a look at what top 5 classes are. The last 2 years we got almost all of our first choices of prospects. This year we are getting 2nd and 3rd options. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it just means you are allot less guaranteed to get star athletes, 5 stars get drafted at a far higher percentage than 3 stars.

This year we are going to get 10% of our first choices, such as Zeke Pike and such. We are going to miss all the recruits we recruited the hardest such as TJ Yeldon, Stefon Diggs, Landon Collins, Cyrus Jones,Geno Smith.

And if you wanna call me a bammer. You can email me at clb0003@tigermail.auburn.edu and check my facebook Chris Brannan. I love the Auburn campus so much i walk around campus just taking pictures. I also flew my cousin who goes to Nebraska down for the Auburn vs. LSU game in 2010.

Im a glass half empty kinda guy when it comes to expectations vs. reality, but my intro to engineering class taught me that if it weren't for people who criticize things they are not happy with, the world would be a much worse place. So before anyone talks down to pessimists, remember that they help make the world a better place by not being satisfied with ordinary.

Archived